Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst Game You've Ever Played?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Trigger! wrote:
    state of emergency!

Pile of **** really!Got bored in less than five minutes!

gotta agree here... left dumbfounded at what Rockstar churned out, after the greatness that is GTA.

Oh, and Driv3er was pants too...

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I really hated Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles. I just found it so unbelievably boring in-game. Also Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex (PS2). My sister got it free with her PS2, and when she put it on I insisted that she took the disc back out because I was convinced she'd been given one of the PS1 games by mistake. Played myself for 10 minutes and was disgusted.
    Funnily enough the PS2 got sold to buy a GameCube 2 months later...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

tman wrote:
    eh?

there's a story mode, thousands of missions (which, admittedly, are all in the same vein), trading goods...
    took me about 40 hours of play to get bored of it :confused:
    a damn fine game imho

Freelancer was good, while it lasted -- short and sweet.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Vortex on the SNES - 2nd game to use the fx chip after starfox, what a pile of crap it was.

Wipeout fusion - ps2 - I adored the wipeout games on the ps1 but this first ps2 outing had so much hype then when it was released it was such a dissapointment I was lost for words.

Mortal Kombat 3 - Ps1
    loved the 2nd game on the snes so decided to get the 3rd game on the ps1, it was so bad I brought it back the next day and got my money back.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,932 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Is that really that bad? FFX was pretty good but I haven't had a chance to try X-2 yet

Yes it is. FFX was one of my favourite games ever. FFX-2 is a load of crap and a mockery of its prequel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Praetorian

tman wrote:
    eh?

there's a story mode, thousands of missions (which, admittedly, are all in the same vein), trading goods...
    took me about 40 hours of play to get bored of it :confused:
    a damn fine game imho

Yea it was a good game alright. Fairly good story, although the combat was very repetitive .

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,932 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

[TROLL] Deus Ex [/TROLL]

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

doom 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

RuggieBear wrote:
    doom 3
    HERETIC!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

State of Emergency. What a piece of stinking sh1t.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Deadwing wrote:
    HERETIC!

i'm only half trolling....... :eek: I struggled with ennui throughout. I sold it as soon as i finished it. Have no intention of ever playing it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

Worst (absolutely!) game i played though has to be Daikatana.

Got the demo CD, Installed it (****ing ages)... 2 mins configuring controls
    3 minutes playing, Uninstall, defrag...

What a waste of ****ing effort

Retr0gamer wrote:
    [TROLL] Deus Ex [/TROLL]

I know I said it was the worst game ever, but that's because it had the worst first level ever, and it took me years to get by it ;)

Come on hurry up noob gamer, and finish BG&E, Kotor, Deus ex, Deus ex 2, Doom 3, mdk2, Prince of Persia 1 & 2, Warhammer, Vampire Bloodlines, COD United offensive, Chronicles of Riddick etc etc... :)

We're never going to finish Zelda four swords if you keep listening to your mother...

Ohh, and back on topic. The worst game ever is without a doubt (and I played it) is Viewtiful joe. :D

A trolling bastard if ever there was :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Whoever said Strider 2 is a wuss :D

Superman on N64 worst game ever.

Oddly out of boredom a few weeks ago i went and did this Worst search on www.gamerankings.com.

And guess what won or eh lost actually.

1. Superman 64 N64 Titus Software 17 2.2 23.0% 20.6%

kdjac

KdjaC wrote:
    Superman on N64 worst game ever.

One of my friends rented that once to seeif it was as bad as the reviews said it was. It wasn't as bad as they said. It was worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Retr0gamer wrote:
    One of my friends rented that once to seeif it was as bad as the reviews said it was. It wasn't as bad as they said. It was worse.

I bought it for €3 in chartbusters ex rental, thats a keeper, oddly never looked played.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭col22

reign of fire ...............................................AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

It's been mention already, but nevertheless;
    Final fantasy X-2. I thought it would suck, but I didn't think it could suck so bad. Thankfully I just got a lend. It remains the only game so bad I threw the controller at the wall in frustration...during a flipping cutscene.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Street Fighter Ex 3 :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭abccormac

Back to the future 2 on the amiga, Enter the matrix, Driv3r, Kobyashi Nauru on c64, I could go on and on and on.......

Placebo wrote:
    Street Fighter Ex 3 :eek:

I hated the EX games. They completely messed up the tried and tested SF2 gameplay model and 'Tekkenised' it. But the worst thing was that because I wasn't used to it, it was the first SF game that Praetorian beat me at. I've now disowned the EX games from the SF series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭beserker

Anyone play street racer on the snes. I wanted more mario kart. Utter dissapointment and a birthday pressy wasted!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

starwars galaxies was the worst game I have ever played, its still in the box unopened after playing beta

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 729 ✭✭✭popinfresh

Jesus, I thought FFX was terrible compared to its predecessors. Could FFX2 reeally have been THAT bad !!! :eek:
    Ah well, i haven't played it yet, no need to now

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Recently: Driver on the PC.
    Horrible conversion.
    I installed it with visions of cruising around playing tunes on Winamp.
    Instead it annexes my soundcard for it's own puttering gasps and doesn't respond to keyboard input with frustrating regularity.

Age-old gripe: FFVII

Herd Pet Hate: Daiktana (demo - never touched the "full thing" - nor do I ever want to)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Hard Drivin' on the Megadrive - a consistent 0.1 frames per second as your car ignored your input and drove towards the nearest building at low speed. I liked that game in the arcades too.

CART Fury on PS2 - Words can't describe the crappiness.

Emergency 2 on PC - teach me to buy games just because they're under a fiver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Praetorian wrote:
    I know I said it was the worst game ever, but that's because it had the worst first level ever, and it took me years to get by it ;)
    i felt the same about metal gear solid :o

playing through the twin snakes now for nostalgia's sake and i'm so glad i actually stuck with it as far as getting onto the elevator
    beserker wrote:
    Anyone play street racer on the snes. I wanted more mario kart. Utter dissapointment and a birthday pressy wasted!:)
    ah come on, it wasn't that bad in fairness. the football mode provided much drunken fun.
    still couldn't touch the genius of mario kart battle mode

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Anton17

One of the worst game on the ps2 is a rpg by square, i cant think of the name but it came in a red box, My brother bought it on impulse, soon returned.
    Any Fifa later than 97 or myst game also fit the bill.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement