Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOL/Esat trouble - again

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

Nosferato: Actually I did change my MTU (something I was literally doing when I read your post anyway) and I noticed the pings to my common servers drop.

The modem is my 3rd one supplied by IOL, and it's given my no problems as of yet. I'll give the cycling a go and see how it is for a while.

Thanks for the help though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Nosferatu, did u notice that he said *today*. The connection with iol was fine up until a few weeks ago but suddenly went downhill then. If it was a bad modem or someone else in the house I hardly think it would have caused the problem to suddenly start.
    Anyway I'm having same thing today, really bad choke on counterstrike. Hope they do something soon...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭JohnMorrissey

My pings are fine, until the connection just drops, lol. Seems to sort itself out after 5 mins or so then get a few hours until it starts again

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

My pings are fine, until the connection just drops, lol. Seems to sort itself out after 5 mins or so then get a few hours until it starts again
    This is exactly what I get, and I can guarantee I won't be paying money for this service.
    (No, I'm not just bitching online, I have had my complaint logged in their database).

Let me know if you find a fix =/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

my line is dropping all over the place.Quite annoying for downloads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭chorus techy

TimAy wrote:
    my line is dropping all over the place.Quite annoying for downloads

Same here (Dub 6W) - the downloads begin to slow down, SOME pages fail to load and then the DSL sync light goes off. Very irritating

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭BugBlaster

Have had this DSL for 14 months now, same ole Zytel usb modem, never any trouble at all, cept the 24 hourly disconnect the pc does.

Well, atleast it's their end not mine. Will ring and complain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 nosferatu

Same here (Dub 6W) - the downloads begin to slow down, SOME pages fail to load and then the DSL sync light goes off. Very irritating

If the DSL sync light goes out then that's a physical problem somewhere between your modem and the exchange, so either a dodgy line or modem is more than likely at fault there. That light should stay green even if you're not dialed in, so ring tech support and get it looked into.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭The General

I have esat broadband at home and it hasnt been working all weekend, anyone know whats wrong with it.
    When we turn on broadband router 'Act' light does not light up.
    When we type 'ip config' in dos it says our ip address is 0.0.0.0
    When we try change ip address, we right click TCP/IP and click 'properties' but nothing comes up.
    Also when ever we open a web browser, the windows xp taskbar changes from its normal blue to a silver windows 98 one.

Anyone got any ideas??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭philtaylor

Whats going on at the moment . Access to any P2P Servers was lost for the last week as 4/5 of the programmes said I was behind a firewall even do I have none installed . Then I tried a web- tunnel and can now access it but at very slow download rate -- 10-20kps

Any ideas,

Sure the modem isn't set up as a router? First thing I did was set it to bridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭philtaylor

cheers , i'll have a look , do think it was setup like that as I havent any problems before , can it revert back etc

Oh yeah, switching between the two is no problem when you have the manual to hand iirc. IOL's Quick setup guide has all the necessary details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭chorus techy

nosferatu wrote:
    If the DSL sync light goes out then that's a physical problem somewhere between your modem and the exchange, so either a dodgy line or modem is more than likely at fault there. That light should stay green even if you're not dialed in, so ring tech support and get it looked into.

I couldn't be bothered really, as I'm getting rid of the free trial this Thursday. Absolutely nothing would encourage me to keep on Esat BT broadband whatsoever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 nosferatu

Moderater wrote:
    My broadband its ****ed, it wont work the 'act' light on the modem doesnt light up at all anymore, and when i type 'ip config' into dos it says my ip address is 0.0.0.0 and when i try to change my ip address, go to network connections select TCP/IP and click properties nothing appears, any suggestions????? I had outpost firewall running on machine for ages and thought that might have ****ed up, i uninstalled it and broadband worked for about half an hour the it went again

I had the exact same problem about a month ago, and the only way I could find to fix it was to restore the modem to factory default and set it up again. When your IP address is 0.0.0.0 it means you're not picking up an IP address via DHCP from the modem. You might want to try reinstalling drivers (if it's USB) and see if tht makes a difference, but that didn't work for me.

Advertisement