Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Sold Out Yet?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Novocaine

Rew wrote:
    The expensive ones are the worest tickets. The €69 (€72 if you bought em from the bastards I did) are the better ones. Dont ask me why...

Nice one so the 72 tickets are actually better than the platinum seating? Do you no where the 72 seating will be situated? I thought it would be the back (canal end).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Can anyone expalin the Croker seating within a block?

Iv seen rows like F, CC and LL

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Novocaine wrote:
    I got my tickets, at about 8:20 but not the ones I wanted but I can't complain, even if they are for friday. I wanted standing, but they were sold out so I had to get the next most expensive tickets which are seated and looks like I will be at the back!

I'm not ruling it out but don't be suprised if there's no sunday gig.

Whoever thought up of internet booking should be shot!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=222358&page=10&pp=20

There's a Sunday gig listed on the ticketmaster site but no option to buy.
    Fingers crossed!

Novocaine wrote:
    Nice one so the 72 tickets are actually better than the platinum seating? Do you no where the 72 seating will be situated? I thought it would be the back (canal end).
    All my €72 tickets are hogan and Cusack lower tier and the €80+ ones were at the canal end. My GF did a load of reading in to it before forking out the cash and she was on the money from what iv seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭tadhgrrr

i got 5 of the €72 tickets and theyre in the upper tier all around stadium (mine are Canal End)...might be able to sneak into standing if i get there early tho'...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭clairey

p.pete wrote:
    I'll throw in a hickey (not actually looking for tickets btw :p)
    :p sounds like a fair deal so!!

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Terrier

clairey wrote:
    LOL
    so come on people any better offers??? :D

€100 per ticket + i'll sleep with ya + spare ticket to Spain with 4 lads.. (I' am looking for tickets)
    :D:p:D:p:D

Terrier wrote:
    €100 per ticket + i'll sleep with ya + spare ticket to Spain with 4 lads.. (I' am looking for tickets)
    :D:p:D:p:D
    send pics of the 4 lads and then well see ;)

tadhgrrr wrote:
    i got 5 of the €72 tickets and theyre in the upper tier all around stadium (mine are Canal End)...might be able to sneak into standing if i get there early tho'...
    Hmm, Then I dont know... The expensive ones we got are pretty **** anyway.

Jayus, she's game! biggrin.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Terrier

clairey wrote:
    send pics of the 4 lads and then well see ;)

Go on.. u know u want to :D
    P.S. the small guy has now left the group..

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭imp

According to 2fm MCD have said there'll be no 3rd date. They also said Stephen's Green ticketmaster still have around 1,000 tickets that were specially printed for them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Novocaine

Again, thanks to the wonders of technology, thousands of fans are disappointed. Stick with the old fashioned way, that's what I say!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Terrier wrote:
    I may have to withdraw (my offer). Not sure I want to mess with you guys :p

clairey, pm me - don't tell Terrier...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Diabolus wrote:
    i got the last of saturday! :p

Argh!! NOeeeee it timed out!

Exact same thing happened to me here - had my credit card details entered and everything and then it just timed out!

Terrier wrote:

:eek: oh my god theyr gorgeous!!!!!
    lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭full forward

Does anybody know where I might buy U2 tickets for Paris? Ticketmaster dont seem to cover france.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭namaimo

Woah if anyone has spare tickets i would seriously sdvise selling them on ebay check out the prices! Some people are paying over €500!

http://search.ebay.co.uk/u2-tickets-croke-park_W0QQfltZ9

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭X-SL

Namaimo, that's just being an ass. I hate people who buy tickets to sell them at profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

The stage is going to be at the hill end is that right?

There is definetly a Sunday gig, i'm 100% on that.

• Advertisement

How can you be 100% sure ixus?
    Who/what's your source?

Man I'd love if it were true.

I posted this on a few other threads.
    Got the letter today fromCroke Park reserving tickets for me.
    It specified the 3 dates

There will be 3 gigs for any of you who are worried, that's definite.
    MCD are just doing this as a marketing ploy.
    Have premium level tickets for Croke Park and because have season tickets got offered tickets for the 3 nights through Croke Park (all taken i'm afraid).

So in short there's still a good chance to get tickets.

Cheers for that ixus.
    I was stung this time. Gonna have to queue for the Sunday gig this time. Technology & ticketmaster don't mix well it seems....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭moby2101

I can confirm this also, I'll be going to a box for the shows, (not mine unfortunately!!) and all 3 dates were mentioned this lunchtime.

My old man was saying he heard on the news that 2 bus loads of scouse touts came over on the ferry this morning/lastnite.
    There was a few men that brought loads of teenagers to try and que for tickets but security wouldnt let them que.

Anyone here about that?

There was an Irish tout ahead of me in the queue in Waterford with his daughter he got about 10 tickets. There was **** all I could do about him, we only copd him coz he had a few mobile conversations where he was saying too much. From the sounds of it he's fairly small time looking for money to go towards holidays.

In saying that if I were to sell the tickets I queued 12 hours in the freezing cold without sleep for I be hard pushed to let em got for cost, ;) then again the prices they are going for on Ebay are disgracefull and very unfair to fthe real fans. The other annoying thing is the amount of foreigners (UK/US mainly) trying to buy tickets to see them in Dublin. There are threads full of posts by them on u2.com from what I hear. It seems to be one of "thee" places to seem them but not all of us can afford to travel around the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭spanner_head

ixus wrote:
    My old man was saying he heard on the news that 2 bus loads of scouse touts came over on the ferry this morning/lastnite.
    There was a few men that brought loads of teenagers to try and que for tickets but security wouldnt let them que.

Anyone here about that?

Yeah I heard about this story alright. I was queueing at the square in talla-fornia this morning and a security guard was telling me this.

I got tickets have a long night queuing. Can't wait for the gig.

Just one thing, a garda van showed up. To cut a long story short. A smug garda walked out into square and when he came back he started checking his tickets in the garda van while we were all in the queue - he didn't even queue. Also, a number of gardai walked out of the square with smiles on their faces. I've yer mans garda ID number so a letter shall be send shorty. Its ridiculous carry on......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Jimmy_Jazz

Corruption at its worst...

Fair ****s to spanner for making the complaint though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭moby2101

[QUOTEJust one thing, a garda van showed up. To cut a long story short. A smug garda walked out into square and when he came back he started checking his tickets in the garda van while we were all in the queue - he didn't even queue. Also, a number of gardai walked out of the square with smiles on their faces. I've yer mans garda ID number so a letter shall be send shorty. Its ridiculous carry on......[/QUOTE]

REPORT THESE KNOBS.

Advertisement