Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL acting up D15

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

Attached is the ping test I ran earlier. I ran a tracert as well for the sake of it.
    On the whole, I think it's ok... I reckon the time out I had was when I logged back on to the pc a few minutes ago... bloody XP auto logs you out after a certain amount of time and I can't be bothered sorting it out...

let me know what kind of results you get...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Attached is the ping test I ran earlier. I ran a tracert as well for the sake of it.
    On the whole, I think it's ok... I reckon the time out I had was when I logged back on to the pc a few minutes ago... bloody XP auto logs you out after a certain amount of time and I can't be bothered sorting it out...

let me know what kind of results you get...

Lucky you :-) that looks sound !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

Well be sure and mention those results to NTL Drapper when you are on to them.... I can't understand how they can be so different, unless they installed dodgy cables around your way when the estate was being built... either way I'd be demanding some answers, after all, we are both paying the same for a markedly different level of service!

Well be sure and mention those results to NTL Drapper when you are on to them.... I can't understand how they can be so different, unless they installed dodgy cables around your way when the estate was being built... either way I'd be demanding some answers, after all, we are both paying the same for a markedly different level of service!

Well they have metioned there is a problem in my area ! so I wait the outcome !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Attached is a zip of pings and tracerts run last Friday (8am and 7:30pm) to jolt.
    Quite a wide range of times, some *really* bad (500ms).
    Data zipped because morning log is 166k and evening one 75k.
    I used the script I posted earlier in the thread but with only a 5 sec sleep between runs, not 3000 sec.
    ntl customer service have passed it onto their cable modem team.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Was there someone specific you contacted or just NTL support?

I contacted the Tech Manger PM me if you want it !! She is dealing with my case.

BTW the pings are not to bad tonight but 1 night out of 7 is not good !!

Tonight stable pings ???

How we pinging tonight guys?

Advertisement