Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL acting up D15

Options
  • 30-01-2005 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭

Anyone in the Castleknock BLanch area having problems with NTL broadband to-day?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Ntl broadband is in blanch????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

GaRtH_V wrote:
    Ntl broadband is in blanch????

yup in some parts !!!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,279 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Just for your info Garth, I'm in Clonsilla and I rang NTL the other day to see if they had any news on BB coming my way. All the guy would say is that they're doing a lot of work in Dublin 15 at the moment but couldn't give specifics and that I'd know when it became available when I got one of their flyers in the door. No chance of getting anything more definite than that from them.

zaph wrote:
    Just for your info Garth, I'm in Clonsilla and I rang NTL the other day to see if they had any news on BB coming my way. All the guy would say is that they're doing a lot of work in Dublin 15 at the moment but couldn't give specifics and that I'd know when it became available when I got one of their flyers in the door. No chance of getting anything more definite than that from them.

I'm in the Luttrelstown / Riverwood area near the carpenter pub !!!

:-)

only here since September.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭smorton

Its not fair. I'm only ten minutes from there and I can't get it. Want to swap houses?

• Advertisement

smorton wrote:
    Its not fair. I'm only ten minutes from there and I can't get it. Want to swap houses?

No bother send me photos and a house valaution and I'll let you know !! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

hee hee have just rung ntl and it is available in Springlawn and Summerfield!

yay! bye bye IBB ripwave and hello ntl!

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭andrew163

*offtopic for a friend...who cant get dsl..or breeze...or NTL... *strokes own dsl lovingly :D* * you can get ripwave in d15???? :eek:

andrew163 wrote:
    *offtopic for a friend...who cant get dsl..or breeze...or NTL... *strokes own dsl lovingly :D* * you can get ripwave in d15???? :eek:

I suppose it depends on where in Blanch you are... I have a feeling the node on the Atrium building is full now, because my signal has gone to the dogs in the last couple of weeks. I don't know if they have nodes elsewhere. As an aside, I wouldn't touch IBB Ripwave with a bargepole again... I only used it as a stopgap until ntl came along as cant use Eircom over phonewatch alarm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

...cant use Eircom over phonewatch alarm.

Why is that?

• Advertisement

Why is that?

It can be used, but it costs a bomb to get it working. Eircom insist on sending out an engineer to do something to the phone line 300 euros. Then phnewatch need to come out and do something else to the phone line, another 200 euros so I was told by Eircom and phonewatch.... so technically you can get it in, but why would you bother for that money???

Get NTL for free!

It can be used, but it costs a bomb to get it working. Eircom insist on sending out an engineer to do something to the phone line 300 euros. Then phnewatch need to come out and do something else to the phone line, another 200 euros so I was told by Eircom and phonewatch.... so technically you can get it in, but why would you bother for that money???

Get NTL for free!

I assume you can't get any ASDL product with Phonewatch not just eircoms.

Not everyone can get NTL.

Guys think we are goign of the tread topic !!

ADSL is distant reliant !!! Richardo some people in L/Town and Riverwood have it and some not !!! signal issue !!!

Drapper, you're right this is going off topic sorry I tend to ramble a bit old age etc!

Last word so Ricardo, I know not everyone can get NTL. I wont have it until Monday (yay) so in the meantime I used IBB Ripwave. There's a solution out there for everyone I think, it's a matter of shopping around.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

wow, morten harket is startin to look his age eh?

Drapper wrote:
    ADSL is distant reliant !!! Richardo some people in L/Town and Riverwood have it and some not !!! signal issue !!!

Its a big problem if ASDL won't work with phone watch, and I doubt that its to do with distance. Distance is only a issue for getting ASDL in the first place.

The reason theres a problem in L/Town and Riverwood with ASDL is to do with old equipment in the exchange. So I was told. Its not line quality issue. Thats just the answer they give everyone, regardless of the fault. All the operator can see is a fault number, which means theres a problem. Thats all.

When NTL is in an area every seems to be able to get it. Its not a lottery like ASDL seems to be. As for problems in D.15, what problems do you mean? You've never said what the problems you were having. You've mentioned the pings going up and down, and I have had that problem all the time I've had it. But as I haven't been gaming its not a big issue for me. Be nice to get it sorted though.

Its a big problem if ASDL won't work with phone watch, and I doubt that its to do with distance. Distance is only a issue for getting ASDL in the first place.

The reason theres a problem in L/Town and Riverwood with ASDL is to do with old equipment in the exchange. So I was told. Its not line quality issue. Thats just the answer they give everyone, regardless of the fault. All the operator can see is a fault number, which means theres a problem. Thats all.

When NTL is in an area every seems to be able to get it. Its not a lottery like ASDL seems to be. As for problems in D.15, what problems do you mean? You've never said what the problems you were having. You've mentioned the pings going up and down, and I have had that problem all the time I've had it. But as I haven't been gaming its not a big issue for me. Be nice to get it sorted though.

Well the guys said he could see something !! when he looked at the area profile, but he needed to talk to his systems guy !!! called last and this and they said it would take a bit more time !!

Last night between 8 - 10 the pings were 40 and around 50 in gameplay !!

Hope its fixed !!! fingers crossed !!!

Hey Richardo, I've a mate inriverwood deane who has ADSL """ from eircom and its grand !!! very strange !!!

Drapper wrote:
    ......, I've a mate inriverwood deane who has ADSL """ from eircom and its grand !!! very strange !!!

Whats strange is that theres no pattern to why it works in one house and not the next. It kinda makes sense if theres old and new gear in the exchange and it depends which one you are plugged into.

Whats strange is that theres no pattern to why it works in one house and not the next. It kinda makes sense if theres old and new gear in the exchange and it depends which one you are plugged into.

True m8 the pings are good tonight ! maybe they have that issue resolved in the are getting 40 -55 on most sites

• Advertisement

How are your pings this weekend on NTL in Dublin 15?

Mine are sh1t are usual !!

:-(

Drapper wrote:
    How are your pings this weekend on NTL in Dublin 15?

Mine are sh1t are usual !!

:-(

Mines up and down like a whores knickers. Ran that bat file for a little while. Runs from 20's to 120's in a few seconds.

Could you send me the Bat file ? I use ping monitor its grand !!

BTW I still got IBB on my gaf to be taken away in the next month !! the pings were 20 solid to my games server !! Jasus NTL you were a big let down ! IBB 1meg seems to be more solid for games!!

Thank god I got backup

Where are you getting the signal from with IBB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

I'm located in Summerfield and I have 1.5mb broadband access on its way.

Get ordering.

I am MAN wrote:
    I'm located in Summerfield and I have 1.5mb broadband access on its way.

Get ordering.

Good luck with your pings...

Good luck with your pings...

Gaming isnt something I do much anymore although i've been meaning to get back into quakeworld.......

Why do you say "goodluck with pings?" can you back that comment up with information?

I am MAN wrote:
    Gaming isnt something I do much anymore although i've been meaning to get back into quakeworld.......

Why do you say "goodluck with pings?" can you back that comment up with information?

What information do you want?

What information do you want?

Well you could start with telling me why exactly my ping is going to be bad...

• Advertisement

I am MAN wrote:
    Well you could start with telling me why exactly my ping is going to be bad...

No idea, you'd have to ask NTL why exactly...

Theres a few of us here in D.15 and our pings are all over the place.

Advertisement