Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman or Superman

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Plunky

Thanks, Raph!...

Get a grip? Dude I started this thread to begin a proper discussion about the two characters based on actual information about them, and then you come along and basically just bìtch Batman out of it for no reason. That is not cool. You honestly think we're the ones who should be getting a grip?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

A proper discussion about Batman and Superman....right yeah....my apologies....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Duly accepted, now leave

Who the f uck do you think you are? Duly accepted...now leave??

Raph:
    Same as what i was going to say only more...pacifistic ;-P
    So does anyone have any actual arguments in favour of Superman, or is Batman the winner?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭edibility

Read this: http://www.npr.org/programs/morning/features/patc/batman/
    It shall explain all.
    For those too lazy, the real arguements for Batman:

Pity not poor Batman, the most un-super of superheroes. Sure, he can't fly. He's not an alien. He has no radioactive spider venom running through his veins. But somewhere under that dark cape lies the heart of a hero. And between those pointy ears, the swift, capable mind of a vigilante out for justice.

When Batman made his debut in issue #27 of Detective Comics, swinging from a rope with a crook clutched under his arm, the occasion was momentous not because of the superpowers being demonstrated, but for the character of the hero.

And unlike other conventionally good-vs-evil superheroes with more spectacular or otherworldly talents, Kane's hero was always just a step away from criminal behavior himself.

"He's got this gorgeous streak of malice running through him that makes him a really exciting character," Miller says. "He's not a role model. He's not here to tell us how to behave. He's a scary fantasy."

Kane, who died at the age of 83 in 1998, said that the bat wings came from a sketch out of a book of drawings by Leonardo da Vinci, who had grafted them onto a sled to form a flying apparatus
    > such a damn cool bit of trivia

Also:

Dkg2.jpg

Beat that for cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Hitman is still better than batman for evil malice while still being technically good.

and he's showed batman up a few times.

Read the thread title your modship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 zing boom ducky

y'all are startin to scare me.... aaah with the knowledge of such things and what not. i just think supermans better, cos well his costumes nicer. and HE doesn't need a sidekick now does he.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

fade2black wrote:
    Aonghus Francis James Raphael Collins - Lyricist, Thespian and part time Messiah

• Advertisement

Raphael wrote:
    Aonghus Francis James Raphael Collins - Lyricist, Thespian and part time Messiah
    ...(contd.) Genuinely nice guy, gentleman, and scholar.

(ctd.) ...irritant, victim of depressing music and a good chooser of comics.

Zing boom ducky: Course he doesn't, cause he has no human qualities. Aha.

Nice one!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,700 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

fade2black wrote:
    Thats ok, he thinks he owns the place. Dont take him seriously and hes actually quite amusing

I posted a reply earlier that I notice has been deleted. I was making the point that I liked the idea of the thread that Plunky had started and that I had made several replies to it. Now that I have discovered that he has no sense of humour I shall let this thread lie...

Oh and "edited cause it seems that I was agreeing with fade2black"??? Are you afraid that Raphael will give out to you?? Truly the saddest thing I've ever seen.

Plunky wrote:
    Dude I started this thread to begin a proper discussion etc etc
    ok, i just read this. Haha

meh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

crash_000 wrote:
    Hitman is still better than batman for evil malice while still being technically good.

and he's showed batman up a few times.

And who can disagree with that?

Other than people who don't know about Hitman, or don't like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭smiley_knees

Has the world gone mad???

Batman doesn't actually *have* any superpowers and is therefore not a superhero... He only has a belt full of useful crap, but hey, so do boy scouts and they don't have their own show or merchandise.

True, Superman's atire is not as suave or subtle as Batman's (I'm sure red and blue spandex was fashionable at one point) but that doesn't make him any less. Plus he must be a good Superhero if a city full of people don't notice that Clark Kent not only possesses all the physical characteristics and likenesses of Superman, but, on removal of his *glasses* is actually him. Plus he does a damn good job of hiding his costume under his suit. Come on, with a cape that's got to be uncomfortable.

Yeah, so out of the two Superman's better. Althoug Spiderman, the X-men and above all else, The Turtles (RULE MY WORLD), are far better. Turtles rock. Ah, Michaelangelo... Wasn't Donetello the boring one no one liked? Raphael was the leader. Leonardo was "cool but rude, Michaelangelo is the party dude!
    Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles
    Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles..!" Etc.. sorry, off point.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭pinkpimp

I agree. I wish to withdraw my vote (for superman, I can't believe he's losing) and put it towards a third candidate... THE TURTLES!! HEROS IN A HALF SHELL!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭jono087

yeah, but your vote now only counts as a quarter 'cos there's four turtles....... and anyway, they're not human so they don't count..... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Power rangers rocked! I always wanted to be the pink one......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭Caoimhe

pinkpimp wrote:
    I agree. I wish to withdraw my vote (for superman, I can't believe he's losing) and put it towards a third candidate... THE TURTLES!! HEROS IN A HALF SHELL!!
    TURTLE POWER!! God I love the turtles... I was brought up with their awesomeness :D

I was in the fan club....luminous laces and everything....but anyway...back to the thread. Superman!! Wehey!

god i hate that shredder *grrr*

GO TURTLES!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

So nobody found anything even mildly disturbing about practically naked turtleguys hanging out with kids?

All right so.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

big fan of superted myself.....

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭smiley_knees

jono087 wrote:
    yeah, but your vote now only counts as a quarter 'cos there's four turtles....... and anyway, they're not human so they don't count..... :D

Neither is superman, he's from Outer Space. Superheroes don't have to be from Earth.
    It can't only count as a quater vote coz if you voted for Batman then that's only a half vote if you include Robin as well... Which means you'd technically have to divde Batman's votes by two making Superman the true winner *yay!*
    And yes, i think the majority of people here were raised on the Turtles. that is the show that made yellow jump suits cool. Plus, the Turtles appeal to people of all ages. When my sister was being born (back in the day of the turtles) there was a girl who gave birth to triplets and named them Leonardo, Michaelangelo and Raphael (see, no likes Donnatello).

The new white-eyed Turtles suck..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭pinkpimp

How can you fight a robot with a stick???
    Those things have lazers, ffs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement