Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman or Superman

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭vox

Dinner Dinner Dinner Dinner Dinner Dinner Dinner Dinner SUPERMAN! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Plunky

edibility wrote:
    Because you can't spell Plunky.
    Don't bitch at me, I happen to possibly have started the 1st interesting discussion here in a while! and you still haven't answered why!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

edibility wrote:
    I love you Bob.

And Batman, you muppets. Superman is a stupid patriotic idiot who isn't even from this planet, he doesn't need to use initiative to solve problems, he just uses brute strength and his "laser eyes". I mean c'mon, Batman is moody, intelligent, doesn't have a puke worthy love interest, and hasn't been completely ruined by the idiots who own him. Has no one read the Dark Knight series, ffs?!

Knew at least one of ye would find it funny... love ya too chicken.

Now, back to your bickering folks... and for what it's worth, Batman because his name begins with the same letter as mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Plunky wrote:
    Don't bitch at me, I happen to possibly have started the 1st interesting discussion here in a while! and you still haven't answered why!
    Seems to me like your leaning towards batman and are refusing to accept that some ppl, may, in fact, think superman to be the beter superhero

"omg omg batman is a darker character, he reflects the inner human, blah blah blah, i am such a complex creature, god bless batman, he is just the epitomy of my life" etc etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 George_h

I think batman franchise has been better represented.The Superman films were good, but Tim Burton's Batman and Batman Returns gave a real gothic feel of a man haunted by his past. Also by the excellent animated series that came out..(Mark Hamill voiced the Joker)... Forget the camp 60's adam west which was mainly played for laughs and was really reprentative of the darker side.

Superman if they bring in Darkseid or Brainiac in the films would be interesting as they bring out a darker side of him.....

Who's better.......... I'd go with batman ...... but it'll be interesting how Bale does in Batman Begins ... loved equillibrium .....just hope the script doesn't let them down as in Batman forever and Batman and Robin .... pure trash.

Hope the Superman storyline is strong again ... too much crap goes on with film makers.

• Advertisement

Oh yes, ya say that batman can NOT be judged by the adam west character, but yet you critisize the old style superman?

Yes, you make a very biased, oops i mean one-sided, oops, i mean a very valid point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Plunky wrote:
    Why isn't batman a quinticentially good person?
    "Deep down Clarks a good person. And deep down, I'm not"

Batmans words, not mine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

First of all, Batman.

Second of all, [see above].

Thirdly, Batman has on several occasions outwitted Superman. In the JLA series where the Martians reactivated all their hidden bases on earth (complete ripoff of Lovecraft, but that's by the by), Batman invented a gadget that stopped Superman from hearing his heartbeat. He tried it out on Superman because he had powers comparable to the Martians.

Fourthly, Batman always carries Kryptonite in his utility belt. He, as someone else stated, is a far better tactician than Superman, plus Superman is sissy and honour-bound. Batman knows Superman's secret identity.

Fifthly, Superman is a pussy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭edibility

Raphael wrote:
    "Deep down Clarks a good person. And deep down, I'm not"

Batmans words, not mine

Raph.....this is scarey.....why do you have that suddenly o_O
    And that fight between Batman and Superman is fricking genius in the Dark Night.

Nice to see someone older than me back here Bob :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭freakydeadgirl

batman is way better
    he has way more sex appeal. he's moody and he's a regular guy...... with in reason.
    and REVENGE KICKS ASS

• Advertisement

i dunno, see the thing is batman has been remodelled a lot. So his latest films are a lot different than the ''pow''s and ''zap''s of the old batman (which i always associate batman with). Now everyone is basing superman on the Chris Reeves version, which was how many years ago?

Who here takes into consideration the Smallville series? never really watched it much but i do remember he went on a wild streak at one stage too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

due to good old red krytonite!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Gambit all the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 George_h

ColHol wrote:
    Oh yes, ya say that batman can NOT be judged by the adam west character, but yet you critisize the old style superman?

Yes, you make a very biased, oops i mean one-sided, oops, i mean a very valid point

I was pointing out that the Batman Franchise has been better done recently....

Superman I and II were enjoyable movies (went kinda pearshaped after that) ... and led to the supergirl movie
    I don't critize Adam West's Batman because it was enjoyable and a product of its times... I grew up with that on saturdays. I was pointing out that it is not representative of batman as a whole. Whereas Superman apart from the movies was never particularily strong or as fleshed out. Although Warner Brothers have done good things with the cartoon series and Justice League...... the franchise has been weaker. Although Smallville recently has been a breath of fresh air.......

But Superman has not fared as well recently due to some excellent reworking of the Batman legend. I don't think the series (Lois and Clark) was strong and missed out on most of the legend of superman. Comic heroes are always rejigged for the times we live in. I can only hope that it is done intelligentlly and doesn't turn in a SFX extravaganza. This is what Superman needs now and I hope they don't F**K it up. I like both Characters.... just happen to prefer Batman, he's not as much of a boy scout!!!

Actually Holligan, some of the people here are basing it on the characters and on the comics. Not the televised versions. Well, I am anyway.

ebon: I read the comic with that line in it earlier this week. Still fresh in mein mind

Neil: So true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭edibility

So fùcking good Raph :D have you read Sincity? Beyond brilliance, I hope the film does it justice.
    Raphael wrote:
    Actually Holligan, some of the people here are basing it on the characters and on the comics. Not the televised versions. Well, I am anyway.

As am I, as are a lot of other people I'm guessing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 zing boom ducky

nooooooooooooooooo why is batman winning!!!!???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

I know!! Im hitting the streets right now to do some super campaigning

nooooooooooooooooo why is batman winning!!!!???

Ummm, cuz he's better... duh?
    fade2black wrote:
    I know!! Im hitting the streets right now to do some super campaigning

Yeah, that's just not gonna help...

Oh you wait and see.

• Advertisement

Riight... *pats head* keep dreaming

batman intereferes with little kids ya know.

prove it

It's common knowledge

HA! that's the worst backup ever.

Come on....Bruce Wayne by day, child predator by night. It makes perect sense. No super powers so he aint a super hero....he wears a mask.....Robin.....need I say anymore?

yeah, you need to. he wears a mask to protect his identity so he a)doesn't get mobbed as Wayne and b)people close to him don't get hurt. Robin is another avenging angel character whose parents were killed by one of batman's enemies hence teaming up with batman...

Wow....you really like batman.

That or he just knows what in the hell he's on about.

Oh, and the original robin wasn't a "little kid" if memory serves

• Advertisement

Christ this website is getting weirder and weirder. I am a big superman fan...I see batman is leading by miles so as a little joke/quip/humour(!!) I say he interferes with kids. And you people actually argue that he doesnt!!!!! Get a grip will ya!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement