Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL modem dropping line.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

mad m wrote:
    Downstream Receive Power Level : -13.5 dBmV
    Downstream SNR : 33.6 dB
    Upstream Transmit Power Level : 57.0 dBm

Ah im off to ring them that power level is not good.

Did you get sorted out?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Well when i went off that time to ring them,a customers services person went off to contact the broadband technical section but came back saying they had gone home at six o clock.

So at moment my Downstream Receive Power Level is -10dBmV,i just havent had a chance to ring them.Sometimes its ok then sometimes when im just browsing,ive to click "Go" or a link twice to get it going.Would that be down to the power level?

Ill ring them now and see what they say.

Just off phone with a girl now,said to ask one of technical team what should be an acceptable Downstream Receive Power Level so she went off and got it arse ways and said my download speed should be Blah blah blah.I asked her nicely to ask them again and she said they were all busy and she was lucky to ask/got an answer in first place.Will try again tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭capistrano

Unless it actually not working they won't do anything. The technican said that the acceptable range was -15 to +15. I was having problems at around -10, but that might have been down to some dodgy cabling I put in myself :)

Advertisement