Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus Éireann Bally Friendly People

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Berger

Im sorry that you're all not as well off as me and that I can afford to pay the TEN cent increase on the train and bus. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,404 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

--> Commuting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Evilution

Berger wrote:
    Im sorry that you're all not as well off as me and that I can afford to pay the TEN cent increase on the train and bus. :rolleyes:

There's a difference between 'can' and 'want to'.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,941 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Hmmm, guess what? Well off people don't take the bus :)

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Stark wrote:
    Hmmm, guess what? Well off people don't take the bus :)

Touche!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭enterprise

It amazes me how arrogant people can be.

In Bus Eireann's case traffic congestion costs them €millions each year (don't have actual figures to hand at this time). Traffic congestion also causes buses services to run late or even be cancelled.

Another big factor in the price rise is the continuing rising costs of wages, materials, fuel oil and insurance.

So before the next person goes ranting a how crap BE, DB, and IE are, just think a minute why the fare rises have taken place and the reasons behind it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,941 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Traffic congestion also causes buses services to run late or even be cancelled.

Actually in my experience buses are rarely late or cancelled due to traffic congestion. It could be the busiest time of day and every bus will show up, at a different time of day, the roads could be empty and drivers could simply decide to take an hour or two off (In Cork anyway, I notice in Dublin they keep closer tabs on their drivers so this is rare).

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Registered Users Posts: 78,308 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Cop on lads.
    eth0_ wrote:
    Berger like it or not, you are a troll.
    Oi! Thats my job ;)
    Ms Beanbag wrote:
    how much is the increase?
    4% on average

Im a troll? Care to explain how?

Good answer.