Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Linkin Park and Jay-Z

Options
  • 29-12-2004 8:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I'm just trying to get some feedback in this section of the boards cos they weren't helpful in the Rock/Metal section at all.

Anyway I'm trying to find out if you liked Linkin Park and Jay-Z's song they did together.

I thought it was great so if you liked it please tell me why

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

I downloaded all of the album and its f**kin class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,043 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Got this album for Christmas and I love it. Can't stop listening to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

think its terrible myself. the only thing i can see decent about it are the live performances as the album is just remixes not a collab, it sounds lazy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭Geranium

It's good enough. A few of the songs are nice and catchy. It's not going to last for me though. Still, could have been a lot worse....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I hate to admit it (I hate Linkin Park) but the album is savage..

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

I think its good. Its done very well. I've yet to watch the dvd though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

Its such a rip off of the grey album, its not bad but such a rip off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

It's adequate :)

Kristok wrote:
    Its such a rip off of the grey album, its not bad but such a rip off.
    shame the grey album was a pile of dog ****..

• Advertisement

Its certainly better than the grey album.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

I think it sounds great, really good combination, almost remindes me slightly of RATM.. you know, the whole Rap/Rock thing.

I think you will find that it will get very boring after a while, probably wont stand the test of time in much respect!

Shrimp wrote:
    I think it sounds great, really good combination, almost remindes me slightly of RATM.. you know, the whole Rap/Rock thing.

I think you will find that it will get very boring after a while, probably wont stand the test of time in much respect!

Nah i don't think its supposed to either. It was just an experiment really. Its not a classic album or anything.

Hey Man,

Yeah I know what you mean. I think that Rap/Rock is always a great combination. Just pitty that there aint many bands around in that genre!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

its absolutly notjhing like RATM, its a combination of rock and rap songs that were previously released and just thrown together on the same track and to compare it to RATM is like comparing sex to your love sock, and why do you feel the need to quote yourself in your sig? that has to be the saddest thing ive ever seen

shame the grey album was a pile of dog ****..

I think thats a bit rough, I know a few people who have heard the grey album who are only slightly intrested in jay z and think its great. I think it was a great album and it sounds like it was recorded with the beetles music orignally which I defo cant say about collision course that album whlie good at times is just a lazy mix of old songs. You can hear stuff like this all the time on the radio i.e the remix of milkshake with b.i.g and michael jackson.

I can quote mself in my sig If i like.. but if you look now.. it doesn't say anything about me!

I am not trying to compare them to RATM all i am saying it's the same combination.. Rock/Rap.. now relax ubu..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

Listened to it earlier, its ****.
    Grey album was much better, actually made me like Jigga.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Klimseven

The grey album was decent because Dangermouse did it...had nothing to do with that twat.

I assume this 'album' is awful...forgive my close mindedness...

Klimseven wrote:
    The grey album was decent because Dangermouse did it...had nothing to do with that twat.

I assume this 'album' is awful...forgive my close mindedness...

Why is jay-z a twat?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Listening to this at the moment.
    Not bad, nothing to write home about. Not worth buying in my opinion, and it's only a 6 track ep, knowing Ireland it's probably €20.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Kingsize

you beat me to it makavelli it is 20 squid & theres only 6 tracks,
    its also a bit of a rip off to call it a "mash up" album its a just a remix with no imagination,
    i do rate jay-z but i cant cant stand linkin park & wont spend the cash,
    There have been some great rock/rap crossovers in the past but its old news now really its just marketing "synergy" at this stage-like move promos with your happy meal.
    you can download the grey album for nowt so even if you dont like it you wont be out of pocket.
    personally being a beatles fan & a jay z fan i was a little dissapointed i have heard the beatles being used to much greater effect in some other mash-ups.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭BangBeater

This album isn't the best at all. Just a way to make some fast money for jay-z and linkin park.

In one song jay-z is rappin bout how he "****s the bitches"(big pimpin), while linkin park come in with something about how everthing's depressing,etc,etc.

It just don't work.

Get 'Grey Album'. If your in2 the remix kinda thing, then this is way better.

I don't think they did it to make money at all. It probably won't sell too much and you then have to divide that money into their shares. Not much left. They don't need the money either.
    Anyway the album gets old very fast. I got it as a present, don't think I would have bought it. It is only 6 tracks but the dvd looks quite big.

They totally made this album simply to make money off, and it is selling fairly good i think they sold a million and a half copies in the states so far, nobody makes albums simply for the sake of it there is too much money too loose if an album flops to do that and they could have released a mixtape if it was just for the sake of the art or whatever.

Kristok wrote:
    They totally made this album simply to make money off, and it is selling fairly good i think they sold a million and a half copies in the states so far, nobody makes albums simply for the sake of it there is too much money too loose if an album flops to do that and they could have released a mixtape if it was just for the sake of the art or whatever.

A lot of artists don't make money off albums. Its tours and promotional work where you make the money. They'd make hardly anything off this. 1.5 million isnt a lot for jay-z or linkin park. Linkin park have sold maybe 15+ million off two albums. They tour consistently too. Jay-z is similar. Jay-z is worth well over 100 million. He hardly needs the 50 grand he'll get off this.
    There's too much money to loose? Don't worry the record companies get their cut. Its a lot more than the artists.

If you watch the DVD that comes with it, it lists who came up with the original concept of doing it. Someone actually sent their own mix tape to MTV and MTV approached the two artists. There is a season of these out on MTV in the states. The JayZ vs Linkin Park is just one show from the series.

I dont think jay z is worth that much but you never know i suppose he could be. 1.5 million is just the states god knows worldwide what its sold. When you go over the million mark the artist makes a fair chunk of change and jay z is no chump he is going to get the best share out of the money. While I agree for most artists the concerts etc make the most money but when your album sales are up in the millions you will do fine off them. But I think i read on sohh.com that they where touring for the album anyway.

• Advertisement

Kristok wrote:
    I dont think jay z is worth that much but you never know i suppose he could be. 1.5 million is just the states god knows worldwide what its sold. When you go over the million mark the artist makes a fair chunk of change and jay z is no chump he is going to get the best share out of the money. While I agree for most artists the concerts etc make the most money but when your album sales are up in the millions you will do fine off them. But I think i read on sohh.com that they where touring for the album anyway.

Well I know that in one year he made 23 million.That was a couple years ago, in a regular year for him. He recently sold his 16.6% share in rocafella for 30 million. I imagine his deal with reebok is huge considering his shoe is the fastest selling reebok shoe ever. Im not sure if he has a share in rocawear but if he does he's worth considerably more than a 100 million. Also he's with beyonce who has a fair bit of change at this stage.
    I think they probably have a good deal on this album because theirs no big producer or video costs. Still 1.5 million isn't huge for either party and the money is split 7 ways. The world sales wouldn't add much.
    Im sure they will tour it but he probably would have toured himself anyway. He'd make a lot more on his own tour.

Advertisement