Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rain or shine - you may post it here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Weather BOFH

Just started raining here now. Looks like a few bits of sleet on the window maybe. Temp at 1.7c down from 1.9c, DP -0.8c.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

-3C (feels like -6C with wind chill) in central Illinois tonight. Snow showers on the way starting next weekend. :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,768 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

What a difference a couple of hours can make!

Min. yesterday evening of -0.7c. 8.7c here now and really blowing a gale since 7am - has calmed down now a bit at 8am. Strongest winds I've recorded since setting up my station (July).

Temp here is only 6c and feeling bitter in the wind gusting to 25mph at ground level.
    Very little rain here-just 0.8mm and it's dry now.
    Thats not unusual with a front moving down from the NW though for here as the mountains dissipate a lot of it especially if it is weak enough anyway and especially if pressure is high-currently it's above 1020mb though falling rapidly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭arctictree

9.1c here, damp and drizzly! What a difference from yesterday! Back to model watching I think!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Aye, what a difference a day makes is right! It was sub zero this time yesterday, now its 9.1c! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Balmy almost! The sun is clinging on down here and the wind is barely a breath.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Darwin

Quite mild also in the midlands - went out for a walk and got eaten alive by pesky midgets everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 15,335 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Very nice sunny afternoon here.
    With the weather being nice and all I stayed in all day and made this! - http://www.annamoe.net/extremes.htm

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Sun, no wind, warm air. What a difference a few days makes. No wonder so many people get cold bugs in this country!

Mike.

• Advertisement

What a lovely day here. 12.6c, sunny, feels warm, nearly calm.

A

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I love warm weather in the winter unless theres a proper cold snap, I really dont like cold winter weather unless theres is snow falling or a crisp frosty ice day, theres nothing worse for me than a bitterly cold windy wet day where it still rains with a high chill factor making the day truly miserable to be outside. Untill the next proper northery/northeasterly blast happpens I would be happpy to stay with these 12C dry mild days.

Nice mild day outside around 13C and rest of this week is looking rather mild almost warm.

Cue more stories in the media about climate change.

Mike.

A glorious day.
    Clear blue skies untill lunchtime-then cloudier but still sunny.
    Mostly cloudy now though.

Warm! maxed out at 13.4c.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭CerebralCortex

Gonzo wrote: »
    I love warm weather in the winter unless theres a proper cold snap, I really dont like cold winter weather unless theres is snow falling or a crisp frosty ice day, theres nothing worse for me than a bitterly cold windy wet day where it still rains with a high chill factor making the day truly miserable to be outside. Untill the next proper northery/northeasterly blast happpens I would be happpy to stay with these 12C dry mild days.

Nice mild day outside around 13C and rest of this week is looking rather mild almost warm.

Weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭nilhg

Tristrame wrote: »
    A glorious day.
    Clear blue skies untill lunchtime-then cloudier but still sunny.
    Mostly cloudy now though.

Warm! maxed out at 13.4c.

Other side of the mountains from you, mist and drizzle most of the day, no sunshine at any stage. Cloud level rose and fell all day but never cleared the top of Dunmurry Hill (circa 220m) which is only a mile or so from here. Visibility never more than 3 miles or so. Very mild though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Rotten day really, heavy fog/mist/drizzle. very low cloud. Mild though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

What a belter of a day, a few spells of sunshine, very warm for working out in, maxed out at an official 15.8C :eek:
    AWS max 15.4C

Worth noting since we're so near to December. My Dec max is 14.4C, though also worth noting that I've had 17.8C in Jan...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Cloudy most of the day with a max of 11.9c

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Gonzo wrote: »

I agree. Might as well have pleasant weather unless we're going to get something extreme!

• Advertisement

Started wet (mainly showers) cleared and bright skies now, deffo a few degrees cooler.

Mike.

Seems to be a little cooler than recent mornings, currently 4.9c, down from 5.1c a little earlier. Wind from the SSW. Humidity 91% and pressure 1009.4 and rising.

Fine bright clear morning out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Low of 4.9c
    Crisp clear morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Paddy.1

Same as the above here.

5.3c / 90% rh
    1009.3mb rising.

Lovely day here. 7.1c and clear blue skies! Some stormy weather in store for the weekend...

A

Ditto. All downhill from here.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Frost here last night.

11.9c now? :eek: S'ly wind gusting up to 6/8mph. Pressure 1000.4 and falling.

Very mild, wind variable. Not raining right now.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Still in mild air with temp 13C. Dublin now 9C

Has got quite wet, cold front may be here shortly

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement