Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bel , "the Man" and Kosovo

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Belisarius

Oh no .. got a subscription to the History channel and a acive library card though smile.gif

Bel(-ligerent *******)

Shrewgar!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Clintons Cat

so you are now claiming you were not talking about the second world war at all then?
    i want to get this clear...

Try not to get your world wars mixed up it does make a teeny weeny difference to the historical perspective.Besides there are only two to remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Bel isnt arguing with you again cat fs?

*Hint*

WWII comes After WWI

Not the wars as such...rather the geographical redrawals imposed by the Victorious forces in the immediate aftermath of each war .Its a big boo boo I know..but hey were all allowed one every once and a while ..eh? Surely you wounldnt deny me that? I mean , God man! have some compassion! smile.gif

Shrewgar!

• Advertisement

i still think you are getting the events surrounding the two world wars mixed up.
    The injustices of the versailles treaty are well documented.The terms of the treaty led directly to the popular support of Hitler and the second world war.
    However the poles did not expell or mistreat
    Ethnic Germans living within the polish corridor during the period 1918 1939.
    Had they done so Hitler would have made political capital of the fact in his speaches and writings against the Polish Corridor.Furthermore it would have featured prominently in his arguements for the reintigration of the Sudatenland Germans from Czechoslovakia into the German Reich in 1938.
    The Mass exodus,murder and burning of German Communities within Poland occurred much later after the Nazi Occupation of Poland and its subsequent 'liberation' by the Red Army in 1945.This Polish reprisal was Instigated by the Soviets over which the Americans,British and French Allies had no influence.

Thus ends todays History lesson.

Ah Clint , once again you drink deep from the Chalice of Prevarication .
    While I accept the Importance of Versaille towards the rise of Facism in Germany ..I fail to see what it has to do with anything , As for the wars getting mixed up I still apologise for that , I was placing the area Annexation after WW1 instead of the area of Annexation after WW2 , I said sorry give me a break for the love of god! , Geeze . As for your comments of mistreatment , Reguardless of the actualities of it , Its undeniable that a considerable number of ethnic Germans left the area after its handing over to the Poles , so theyrwe must have at least been the Presence of mistreatment in the background surely. You wouldnt agree , again though Clint stay on topic . Least you could have done after you Killed the thread! mad.gif

Shrewgar!

So are you talking about ethnic cleansing or not bel?

Dont accuse me of going off topic.when it was you who raised the treatment of germans within poland after ww1 a fact you have not been able to substantiate in any way shape or form.
    Please continue with your pro serb propaganda i will try not to interupt to often if YOU GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT

Actually CC , If I remember , I only pointed out the origins of the phrase ethnic cleaning in reply to your post!. The actual methods have changed from the Movement of a people from one area to another to the far less benine eradication of a people . Now get outa my thread! before I wet my pants ! smile.gif

Shrewgar!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement