Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LiveStrong

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

I wasn't debating that.
    I was debating the fact that people say they won't wear something because a lot of other people wear it too e.g. clothes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

A Ware now are selling ones that say Listen on them, they are for ChildLine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭*adele*

so what alot of you are saying is that if you buy one you are automatically a sheep and just trying to look cool and no,of course you couldnt possibly be actually supporting the fúcking god cause,is that it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

*adele* wrote:
    so what alot of you are saying is that if you buy one you are automatically a sheep and just trying to look cool and no,of course you couldnt possibly be actually supporting the fúcking god cause,is that it?

Exactly.

If you really cared you'd just donate money.

but the bracelet shows that you support the cause...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

buying the bracelet shows that you LOOK like you're supporting the cause.
    That's what important thing. this is all about appearance after all.

yeah well maybe the people who buy them dont give a shít what people think

*adele* wrote:

so why do they buy them in the first place?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

*adele* wrote:

that's fine, but they're still supporting companies who use child labour to make those bands. They're.. what, anti-racism? It's a good thing they're not anti child labour, the universe probably couldn't take that much irony.

Look, Does it focking matter if people buy them to "look cool" as you're putting it. There have been millions of these bands sold, that means millions of euro's towards cancer research and other funds. If people are buying the bands but only cos they want to give money then thats great, if people are buying them for the "coolness" and dont give two focks where the money goes thats also great. Either way the money is going to the charity. The whole idea of giving out the wrist bands is as an insentive, luckly for the designers behind this the wristbands turned out to be a hit. You should be happy that people are giving the money instead of just whining about it. For fock sake, it's a typical Irish attitude to have on something that is so clearly a good thing.

You sound so bitter in some of your posts, just cop on, and let this be the end to your foolish bickering, Grow up.

• Advertisement

Shrimp wrote:
    Look, Does it focking matter if people buy them to "look cool" as you're putting it. There have been millions of these bands sold, that means millions of euro's towards cancer research and other funds. If people are buying the bands but only cos they want to give money then thats great, if people are buying them for the "coolness" and dont give two focks where the money goes thats also great. Either way the money is going to the charity. The whole idea of giving out the wrist bands is as an insentive, luckly for the designers behind this the wristbands turned out to be a hit. You should be happy that people are giving the money instead of just whining about it. For fock sake, it's a typical Irish attitude to have on something that is so clearly a good thing.

You sound so bitter in some of your posts, just cop on, and let this be the end to your foolish bickering, Grow up.

1. The wristbands are manufactured by Nike, a company that violates human rights.

2. Companies make a profit from them.

3. Most of the wristbands are fakes so the charity gets no money.

4. Typical Irish attitude? I've been on international forums in which many people are against these wristbands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

eh...ok shrimp, are you alright now?

I'm good, just dont like some people coming in here and putting down something when they dont even know what they are talking about.

And for the others who try and say they only buy them to help the charity but you can clearly see that they are hypocritical tools which are just saying that so people think they are good people.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Shrimp wrote:
    And for the others who try and say they only buy them to help the charity but you can clearly see that they are hypocritical tools which are just saying that so people think they are good people.
    Wait weren't you just giving out about people who've adopted this attitude just a second ago? By your reasoning, money's still going to the charity isn't it, so who cares?

Anyway, do we actually have any proof that these things are fake or made by Nike or whatever?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

People people people... You've spent what, 3 pages arguing over rubber bracelets... rubber bracelets!! You're doing anyone else the slightest bit of harm by wearing one.

Jeez...:rolleyes:....*coughs* issues!!

Yeah... RELAX REALX REALX.... OMG OMG... FFS.. Jeeeeeezz...

i'm going to get one of the red ones from A-Ware.. It says listen on it, and it's for child line..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Whats with the anti bullying ones? How is the money going to stop bullies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

Shrimp wrote:
    one of the red ones from A-Ware

It's "A-WEAR"

You can also get them red ChildLine ones in BT's.

The anti bulling ones didn't actually rase money, they were given out free on the bbc web-site, that was jus tlike to show your against it..

Wait weren't you just giving out about people who've adopted this attitude just a second ago? By your reasoning, money's still going to the charity isn't it, so who cares?

Anyway, do we actually have any proof that these things are fake or made by Nike or whatever?

http://www.livestrongbracelets.net/
    We only sell authentic Livestrong Bracelets, that come from Nike. They are 100% authentic and not the fake ones.

I think that quote and website proves my point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

And what about the rest of them? Or do Livestrong make them all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

the website is www.laf.com and u can order a minimum of 10 for $10, but postage to Ireland is double that again. It cost me €16 for them but well worth it.

So did you buy them there then? 16eu for 10 isn't expensive considering your buying them legit. Are you just trying to convey the extra cost of international shipping (total cost doesn't appear until you enter your details)?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

JC 2K3 wrote:
    http://www.livestrongbracelets.net/

I think that quote and website proves my point.

This is a scam of a website selling them at a major profit, If people do want to get these bands get them directly from the Lance Armstrong Foundation at www.laf.org as mentioned above, the only downside is the wait for them, I ordered mine on the 31/Jan and received them this morning.

Advertisement