Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charges for Exceeding Download Cap

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

Currently upgrading services so the cap charges can come into place

Eircom repeat offenders watch out they have always been good at stuff like that, so I would imagine alot of people will be recieving a huge bill from months of going over. It's in the contract and there is no arguement to be had

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

We're not interested in more speculation about who might charge when for what and who should look out for what. We're interested in knowing who's charging for what now and we're interested in hearing this from people who got charged and how much they got charged. We're also not that interested in what friends in Eircom have to say about the whole thing, as they've been known to not know anything for the last year or so and it's probably fairly likely that's not going to change any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

FYI: as of June 2004 UTV Internet started charging me when download cap was exceeded-

€29.99 Advance subscription charge(s) for August 2004
    Your download limit was 8,192.00 MB. You downloaded 9,531.10 MB.
    Download Charge €20.09
    Total Charge €50.08

As you can see, even going over by 20% of the cap costs you about double. Will cost even more with Eircom (they charge 3c as compared to utv's 1.5c per MB).
    On the plus side, you can choose online whether you would like to be charged for going over or to have ur account disabled for remainder of month. (AFAIK the other 2 don't offer this option)

Bring on viable BB alternatives to this Eircom reselling..

Advertisement