Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warhammer 40K RPG - Game Turns

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Raphael flipped Argeus and sat on him. Ignoring his fanatic complaints the demolitions man grabbed his head and looked him straight in the eyes

"Look Padre, I know you want those xeno's to suffer firey burning death. And I have a distinct liking for firey burning death. So just give me one of your spare prometheum flasks, then sit back and enjoy the show."

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Zounds

Argeus face changed subtly from rage to enthusiasm before he suddenly spasmed. "NO! NOT AGAIN!" he cried, clutching at his own face before becoming still. He face assumed a quietly bewildered expression,
    "My brother, why are you sitting on me?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

++++Combat turn++++

DOMINICUS:

You take the traitors completely by surprise and several of the fist-sized armour-piercing bolt rounds slam into each of the three before detonating in a spectacular shower of bone and gore. In fact, the others are momentarily stunned by the sight of their three comrades being blown to pieces and spattering them with various pieces of viscera, and hesitate before reaching for their weapons and searching for the source of the shots. A very terminal mistake. They must have gone soft living with those Tau scum and their "Greater Good" empire.

ARKERIUS:

You let fly a prolonged beam of laser fire into the gut of the fourth traitor and sweep across his gut, effectively cutting him in two. He gasps in pain before looking down at the wound, before the torso slides off the legs. Both pieces remain twitching for some time.

VOLLBART:

Taking almost casual aim at the shoulder of the remaining enemy, you gently squeeze the trigger. The high calibre rifle round almost completely takes the man's arm off at the shoulder joint. He reels with the force of the blow, turns white with shock, and collapses, screaming in agony and slowly bleeding out on the floor.

You emerge from the service tunnel. Nobody seems to be about. Inspecting your bloody handiwork, you notice that not only is Vollbart's target still alive (although he certainly wishes he wasn't, and if he doesn't recieve first aid soon will have his wish granted), but so is the one Arkerius cut in half. He's unconscious, but as lasfire cauterises the wound he's not bleeding. You also notice a few metallic augmentations which Arkerius can identify as implants of the Adeptus Mechanicus, much like his own linkup devices. It might be possible for him to download the knowledge of this fellow, although it might be slightly damaged from both the fighting and his service with the aliens. If that fails, the poor wretch clutching the bloody stump of his shoulder might be able to tell you something- If you can keep him alive...

[Sarky] I told you combat could be fast and brutal. Good work there![/Sarky]

ARGEUS AND RAPHAEL:

You spend a little more time arguing between yourselves and perhaps agreeing on the use of a spare promethium canister in Raph's cunning little plan...

"Oh feth, not another one of you. I really don't have time for this." Raphael grapped a spare canister from the belt of the prone man and pulled it loose. "I'll explain about the sitting in a moment."

Raphael pulled a grenade from his bandolier and, using the roll of duct tape that was quite convieniently on his person, fastened the grenade firmly to the canister of prometheum. With this strange package in hand, Raphael crept to the railing, setting a short fuse on the grenade as he went. He pressed the trigger then lobbed it over the railing and looked out, grinning manicly.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Arkerius kneels beside the prone half-figure and grimaces at his handi-work. At least the traitor has had the kind manners to go get himself cauterised and not bleed out all over him.

Arkerius thinks to himself What a considerate guy - he let me chop him in half and then cauterised himself so that I wouldn't be getting my hands all messy .... hehe

As Arkerius turns his head back to talk to the other members of his squad he can hear Cyrel cackling from down the corridor - hiding himself from danger like the little weasel he is.

He locates a suitable implant interface and attempts to connect to it whilst trying to ignore the other two playing "doctor" with the screaming unfortunate .....

• Advertisement

Br. Carl groped at his belt where Raphael had taken the promethuem while watching the grinning pyromaniac with concerned bafflement,
    "What was that? What are you doing? Who are you? Where am I? What happened to the Bishop? WHO'S CLOTHES ARE THESE?!" He spoke quickly, becoming more panicked as he went on.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭thegogz

Dominicus walks over to the guard on the ground and immediatly starts to work on him doing his best to keep the traitor alive but in plenty of pain. Just enough so he can speak and they can get whatever info they want out of him.
    Turning his head towards the other two he says "so who's going to interogate this scum or will I just rip out his insides now and end his sorry existance"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

"That will be my pleasure." Vollbart replied to Domenicus.

Turning towards the wounded engineer Vollbart started his interrogation.

"Traitor, teaming up with the enemy, eh? And they call us penal legion guys the scum of the human race? I don't think so!" Vollbart had a really wide smile on his face when he started to slowly pull out the safety pin from the grenade in the engineers mouth but stopped halfway. "How do you want to play this game, my friend? Will you talk to us and surrender all the information you have in your little head or do I need to work on you a little bit?" Without giving the enemy engineer time to answer - hence think - Vollbart placed his boot on the wounded shoulder and applied a little bit of pressure. The poor soul was in so much pain that he was trying to scream his a$$ off. Not an easy thing with a grenade in your mouth. "I am really starting to lose my patience here, my friend."

"What I want to know from you is the following:"

"Who are you?"
    "What are you doing here?"
    "When did you start working for the enemy?"
    "Where is the rest of your troop?"
    "Why do I bother asking you all those questions. You won't know nothing, will you?" "Otherwise you would have a nice cozy desk job."
    "How come you didn`t answer me yet?"

"You choose the order but you better start talking."

RAPH & ARGEUS:

The Tau workers appear to be studying readouts on the generator nearest you. There's only two of them, and somehow they have so far failed to notice the antics of two struggling Imperialist humans above them. Perhaps they're confused at the way Imperials handle technology- viewed with superstition as a form of magic, even (or especially) within the ranks of the Adeptus Mechanicus. They are totally unaware of the large object falling towards them, at least until it detonates about ten feet above their heads. The force of the grenade knocks them flat on their faces (and only causes superficial damage with shrapnel at that distance, but then the canister of promethium ignites, and both are engulfed in a massive cloud of fiercely burning fuel.

Raphael, however, leaning over the edge of his ledge with an insane grin, forgot a little thing about explosions: A)They expand, and B) grating walkways don't really stop them. The poor little pyromaniac is lifted by the blast, and when Argeus crawls out to take a look, he finds Raphael hanging rather dangerously from the edge, minus his eyebrows... (Raphael, take 1 point of damage for burns and concussion. And count yourself lucky I didn't roll a critical failure for grabbing the walkway. Also, fiery burning death! Pretty! :) )

DOMINICUS:

You manage to patch up the traitor's wound without too much bother. He's rather weak from shock, not to mention terrified by the grenade uncerimoniously stuffed in his mouth. You remove the rest of his arm, apply a quick spray of first antisceptic and then synthetic skin, and he's stabilised for the time being.

VOLLBART:

The trick with the grenade turned the anger and pain in the man's eyes to fear, he was about to try saying something when you worked his shoulder wound, and by the time your little speech is done, he is completely and utterly terrified of you. The grenade falls out of his mouth as the answers pour out at the same time...

"Myname'sJarredI'mpartofanengineeringteamIjoinedtheTauAuxilliarieswhen
    theytookovermyworldthere'smoreofusintheupperdecksohpleasedon'tkillmeI...I.."

He glances around and seems to notice the bodies of his associates for the first time, and becomes violently ill. When he finally regains control of his stomach, he's calmed down a bit, enough to say "If I tell you everything, will you let me go?"

ARKERIUS:

Examining the upper torso of the man you shot, you come across a suitable interface port on his neck. You drive your fist-spike in, and begin to try navigating the mechanical parts of the dying man's mind...
    (PM to follow with what you might find)

"My brother! You seem to be in precarious situation!" Br. Carl scrammabled to the edge of the grating and offered his hand to Raphael. "Take my hand and I can shall pull you up, then you can explain to me what in the Lord's name is going on"

• Advertisement

Raphael grabbed Argeus' hand and the lunatic priest pulled him up. The demo man pulled himself over the edge then collapsed on the grating then drew his hand across his forehead to wipe off the blackened remains of his eyebrows. Suddenly, the sides of his mouth turned up into a slightly lopsided grin, and Raphael started giggling insanely.

"If you tell us everything I probably wont put you in any more pain" At this Dominicus puts his hand on one of the wounds the man has and squeezes it just enough so the victim feels plenty of pain.

"Somebody keep an eye on the entrance, just in case we get company."

Vollbart picked up his grenade and secured it on his uniform. "At least he didn't puke on it."

Vollbart bent over the wounded engineer and said "Where would you go, Jarred? If the Tau catch you you're dead. If our main troops catch you you're dead too. We are your only chance of survival. But don't try my patience. Wide guy here is already trigger happy and quite frankly I am the only thing that keeps him from blowing you to smithereens."

Arkerius groans as he feels conciousness collide with his mind upon disconnecting from the dying traitor

nnnnnnnnnnn ... that never gets any easier!!

He shakes his head and steadies himself whilst tryign to sift through the downloaded information, although he looks visibly shaken by something he experienced whilst plugged in.

Okayyyy, I've managed to get some information out of that piece of meat over there. Not much, but it'll do for the moment. The Tau are searching for something quite specific onboard this ship and they need human help to do it. That's why these pieces of treacherous filth are here.. Akerius eyeballs the squirming Jarred with a venomous look. There were 15 of these scum on arrival. Good old imperial automated defense systems shredded four of them and another got fried trying to access a high security data terminal. Then scratch these five and that's another five left, somewhere in engineering no doubt. I've also got a blueprint of engineering here too.

So now that we're here, lets see if we can't both secure this place, set some traps for any unwelcome visitors and see what we can see about getting some power back to our target.

Of course that still leaves the question of little Jarred here ....

Vollbart/ Dominicus:

Jarred has managed to calm himself down a bit, enough to look at you and say "Hey, there's only three of you. Commandos? You're here for the Glorius, aren't you? It's in hangar Epsilon, but the whole area is sealed tight as an Inquisition databank. You won't be able to get in there without me, I got the codes before you attacked. You need me." He gestures over to the console he was working at before you attacked, and it's plain to see that a few stray shots have damaged it beyond repair. "That was the terminal holding the codes. Now the only place you'll find them is in my head, and your rogue techpriest cant get it out of a skull with no implants!"

Arkerius:

As you sift through the information you downloaded, you realise that Jarred is right. The last memory recordings of the dead man before your arrival are of him looking at Jarred exclaiming "I got them!" You also come across a disappointing memory where the man discovered a lack of power to several ship systems, including all hangar doors...

Argeus and Raphael:

Despite the fiery explosion, the ladders from the walkway are intact, and you can make your way down to the lower floor where you can see control panels on the sides of the generators. If you climb down, you will see that they all have small brass plates depicting which generator powers which ship system. Life support is still working, but the generators powering inner and outer hangar doors, cargo locking clamps and main lighting are offline. The vis-screens on the sides bear the message "Error- imperfect coil alignment. Remote recalibration required." None of the other runes and controls respond, hopefully the guys in Engineering are still alive and able to help with this problem.

The two of you hear the sound of a hydraulic door to your left being forced open, and faint alien voices on the other side... (there are plenty of places to hide or fortify if you can think of something suitable. Plenty of corners, non-essential generators, and the like. Think quickly and be inventive!)

Arkerius stares malevolently at the babbling Jarred and for a moment pictures him as a horrifically mutilated lump of bloodied meat, screaming in a way that no human should be able to do such is the brutal nature of the slash and stab wounds

Arkerius grins to himself and chuckles.

"Such a wonderful image in my mind ... ". Arkerius takes a few steps closer to Jarred, toying with his bayonet as he does so. "Do you want to know what it was I saw Jarred? Do you want to find out what it feels like. Find out just how much pain the body can feel before it gives up? Haha ... you scream like a girl. I know. I heard it all, and you'd be surprised at just how much blood you have inside that pathetic little body of yours. Even with your wound.". Arkerius looks about ready to lunge at Jarred when he falters, stumbling back and appearing to push at an invisible person

Then Arkerius starts to laugh hysterically, like ... well ... like a man about to snap after witnessing something incomprehensibly sickening.

"No!! Cyrel you slimey little sh*t! We need him alive! What's the matter with you?! BACK OFF!!!"

Arkerius motions as if pointing to the far side of the room and directing someone to go there. He then appears to stop and watch the direction as if watching an imaginary person moving in answer to his gesture. Arkerius then turns back to the group.

"Sorry guys, just let him stew. I don't know how he managed to get on board our drop-ship. He's always following me. Little runt. Anyway, as I was saying - Jarred is right unfortunately. The hangar is sealed up pretty good, and there is the additional problem of just about all the hangar doors being non-operational due to lack of power. I'll see if I can re-route power to the necessary sections. Discretely of course. No need to alert the xenos."

Arkerius busies himself trying to locate a functional terminal to access the power-distrubtion controls and ignore Cyrel's howls of frustrated blood lust. "What a stupid, irritating little weasel!" he thinks whilst shaking his head sadly.

Dominicus looks the guy in the eyes with an evil grin on his face and says in the most threatening voice "We dont need you we need the codes. I love hurting people and I'm also a medic so when some little sh*t refuses to give me the information I need I can put him in alot of pain and then repair the damage I do, I'll give you one chance to give me the info now before I show you what I mean. Do you want to find out how much pain your body can endure, do you know what it feels like to have body parts removed while concious and I know a lovely trick to do that making sure your awake for it all. So what will it be info or pain??"

"Sonoffafeththat'snotgoodatall!"

Raphael looked around panicked, then dived headfirst into a spare generator coil near the door. As he went over the edge he pulled an anti personal charge from it's pouch at the back of his belt, then disappeared

"What's happening now?
    The exasperated monk dithered between Raphael's hiding place and the door, bewildered as to the best course of action
    "Lord, Give me strength..."

Vollbart straightened his back and was considering all the options the team had and quickly realized that there was only one valid conclusion to be drawn. Dragging Jarred along. "This is going to slow us down and increase our dangerlevel drastically. He might also expose us at his first chance and get us killed. Or even worse, captured by the enemy. There is no greater sin than letting that happen to a soldier." Not a very fortunate outlook.

Trying to find a solution to the mess, Vollbart began to pace around the room. He glanced absently out a window overlooking several walkways.

"What the hell...? GRENADE INCOMING. MOVE YOUR A$$ES AWAY FROM THE ENTRANCE!" Vollbart shouted at the top of his voice.

Without delay Vollbart dived onto the floor and crouched behind one of the engineering consoles.

• Advertisement

Raph and Zounds:

Raph manages to hide himself admirably, while Argeus hesitates in plain sight. The door finally opens with a forced whine, and a group of five lightly armoured Tau step in. On seeing Argeus their leader (Not wearing a helmet and bearing a different shoulder insignia) barks out a command and the five weapons are immediately leveled at the preacher's chest. The leader says something at Argeus, but is met with incomprehension. He switches to faultless Imperial Gothic, and begins again. "You are now a prisoner of the Tau Empire. You will be held under Tau military conventions. If you contribute to the Greater Good, you may one day earn freedom. If you do not, then you will be imprisoned and rehabilitated. Where are the rest of your squad?"

[They all have their backs to Raphael, who they passed by without noticing. The sight of a confused and scared Argeus Roe has all their attention right now...]

Arkerius, Vollbart, Dominicus:

Sure enough, a split second after Vollbart dives for cover, something comes sailing through the window, coming to rest by the corpse of a dead traitor, blinking softly. Jarred glances at it and yells "Sonic charge! Cover your ears!" before doing the same himself. The grenade does not detonate, but rather emits an incredibly loud, unpleasent sound at a multitude of strange frequencies. Even blocking out the sound as much as you can, the noise still causes waves of nausea and you all nearly black out. It shuts off as suddenly as it started, and there is an intense silence, broken by the sound of orders being shouted in an alien voice, although the words are Imperial. "That will stop them! Get up there and apprehend them before they all come to!" Jarred crawls behind a console and whispers "The rest of my team. The Tau supervisor stayed with them. He's the one that fired at you. He's probably radioed for reinforcements too. If you want the Glorius, you have to get to the other control room opposite this one to route power to the doors, and there's a service shaft in there we can use to get to the hangars. Here they come..."

You're all a little woozy from the sonic charge, but you're conscious and able to move, and that's more than the men coming up to this room expect. Time to fight. You have the drop on them again, so when two humans enter the room holding guns of some sort, you get to act first...

Taking a position crouched near jarred Dominicus opens fire at the men entering the room trying to ignore the deafening ringing in his ears. Used to the fire of large caibre weapons the ringing does not phase him much more then standing beside a Leman Russ cannon.

The heavy bolter in his hands firing at full speed a smile briefly crosses his face as he watches the muzzel flash thinking back to the days when he got to fire his trusty weapon into squads upon squads of those traitorous Chaos Scum. As the shots ring through the room he screams "Die traitors, You will all die by my hand"

Arkerius stumbles slightly, hearing his own breathing so loud between his ears, time slowing down with the disorientation of the grenade and the sound of impending death about to storm through the door.

He turns his head for what seems like an age and watches Dominicus taking position like an old man would move. He sees Jarred cowering, whimpering. His voice about five octaves lower and speaking a syllable a minute.

Arkerius reaches for the bayonet on his belt and fumbles nervously, trying to fit it onto the barrel of his lasrifle. He feels the painful throbbing of the sonic grenade lingering in his head. The dull, overbearing throbbing of his brain. And something that sounds like Cyrel screaming with utter bloodlust and lunging for the door

"Will they never learn? Don't they realize that they cannot beat us?" Vollbart thought about the two footsoldiers being sent into the control room. "Oh well, let's get them sorted out."

Vollbart still felt a little bit dizzy from the grenade but that wouldn't stop a professional like him. Without any trouble he rolled out from behind the console where he was hiding. With a clear line of sight he picked his target and placed his shot.

"BEGONE HERETIC!!" Argeus' voice cried out, having re-asserted control over his body. He looked around to get his bearing and seemed only mildly interested by the weakening door. "Where's the delinquent gone?"

Raphael poked his head out of the coil and saw that the Tau were all occupied by Argeus. He giggled quietly, then lobbed out the anti-personnel charge he had prepared and ducked back into the coil, a detonator clutched in his hand.

"You haven't much time Padre..." he whispered, then giggled again

Raph and Argeus:

The Tau officer is obviously confused about Argeus, but rallies well. "Delinquent? There is another here with you?" He motions for one of his troops to search the room, and he hurries off away from Raph and Argeus. He turns again to Argeus with a faint smile. "And the term 'heretic' is inaccurate. I have never followed your Emperor or his religion. I serve the Greater Good of the Tau Empire and all races under our protection. Perhaps the word 'heathen' might be a bett-"

At this point, Raph's charge plonks down right behind the leader. He spins around, and spots the charge. His eyes widen in alarm...

[Sarky] And that's his turn done. I would like to note that by a happy coincidence, Argeus is mostly shielded from the blast by the officer interrogating him face to face, so feel free to push that button whenever you like, Raph. I also draw attention back to Argeus' chainsword, in case he forgot. But first, of course, he has to break free of the guys holding him...[/Sarky]

Arkerius, Vollbart, Dominicus:

The effects of that sonic charge have shaken you all up, and your actions are still a bit sloppy...

Dominicus Lets rip with the heavy bolter, and manages to take down one of the enemy simply due to the rate of fire. But the other manages to roll rather deftly under the hail of fire, coming up to one knee to get a shot off at him. The humans were abviously not given the kind of deadly equipment the Tau troops have access to, but their own weapons are quite sufficient, and Dominicus takes a shot to the gut. It's not lethal, but it hurts like hell, and you stumble. It'll take a turn for you to get your bearings again. You are also bleeding moderately.

Vollbart does his best to focus on the shot, but he's still a bit woozy, and instead of a killing hit, he only manages to take out the remaining enemy's kneecap. He goes down, but he's still a threat.

Or he would be, if not for... Well, you know it's Arkerius, but... The rage in his face... The way his hands clutch the bayonet blade... It's Arkerius, but still, it's not the same man you came here with. With a guttural scream he barrels into the last man as he tries rising, and stabs him in the neck. Then he stabs him again. And again. And he won't stop. You've seen a lot of ugly things in your time, but still this is a bit unsettling...

Vollbart is first to notice the others by the doorway, but before he can bring his rifle to bear, a smoke grenade goes off and conceals everything beyond the door. You all hear the alien voice call out again. "Come on! Weapons at ready! Charge!"

Half a dozen figures burst through the smoke, holding knives, swords, pistols, whatever, and proceed to charge the three of you. Looks like this will get messy...

[Sarky] This means melee. Get your knives or swords, or just bare knuckles, out... :)

I may post something in the chat thread to clarify melee combat...[/Sarky]

Sitting in the coil Raphael heard Tau foottsteps closing in. He swore under his breath. "Sorry Padre, you're out of time." He detonated the charge, then pulled himself out of the coil and drew his Tanith warknife. "Hey Xeno's, looking for someone?"

Arkerius looks up from the bloody pulp of a body he's just knifed in a frenzy and then lunges screaming with utter blood-lust at the Tau soldiers bursting into the room, knife poised for a neck strike ....

• Advertisement

Dominicus Stumbles back further into the corner in fromt of jarred doing his best to obscure him from view.

Droping to one knee in pain after feeling the familiar pain of a bullet passing through his flesh dominicus watches the fight unfold before him. Leaving down his heavy bolter and drawing his knife from its holder on his belt and preparing himeself for hand to hand combat. Looking around he makes sure that the bolter is out of reach of Jarred and out of sight of any of the tau now swarming the room. He smiles to himself looking forward to the upcoming fight.

Advertisement