Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trinity Open-Day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

lol.. going up to laugh at us.. haha.. does anyone know what the usual turn out is for the trin. open-day?

Thanks! :D:)

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭sleepingbeauty

em well when i went (2yrs ago...or maybe 3- i cant really remember and couldnt be bothered thinking bout it!) it was packed...seriously packed. we came in via the arts block and could hardly move, loadsa people scrambling for random leaflets! the fact it was so busy was a major incentive for a shopping trip instead! meh it prob wont be that bad..have fun anyways :D

oh i'll have fun.. packed.. /methinks Alot of people, bound to be some qual. there! :D

Yeah.. we're all gonna head to pizza hut for the ALL YOU CAN EAT << WHAT A BEAST THAT IS!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D We're entering through the kinda like Nassau st. - Dawson St. entrance

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

lol i brought my lil bro in last year, wasn't that busy in the hamilton anyway...certainly was quiet in the maths dept ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭pancakeman

Chick wrote:
    Lol yeah I'm a first yr, I'm doing nursing :)

Cudnt get in to be a docter eh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

Shrimp wrote:
    well I'm 18-2.. ;).. dat'll do! :D

18 n a half? well as long as you're ok with me being older then(!) ;)

pancakeman wrote:
    Cudnt get in to be a docter eh.

If I had of wanted to be a doctor, I would have done it?
    People always assume youre doing nursing cos you didnt get enough points to do med. well maybe I did, and didnt want to do medicine. Hmm, ever think about that?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

hmm.. I don't know of any potential doctors who couldn't get it and so became nurses, that's what med-chem is for. IMO the former only happens in america.

Well maybe for some people. But I never wanted to be a doctr in the first place...

OH MY GOD the open day... I was tryin to cram in the berkeley and theyre giving goddamn tours lol. Was tryin to get past loadsa ppl with loadsa books n folders in my arms, and they way sum of the guys were lookin at me youd think theyd never seen a girl n a skirt before, sixth yrs eh? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Chick wrote:
    sum of the guys were lookin at me youd think theyd never seen a girl n a skirt before, sixth yrs eh? :rolleyes:

They have girls in skirts now!?! :eek:

I just got back from trinity.. twas packed with people(Girls)!

Hey Chick... I have no problem with you been older.. thats cool! ;) if I knew who you were there.. I'd a deff. givin you a hand with all them books! :D;):D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

, that's what med-chem is for.

apex that's rubbish. medchem i'd say is more populated with ppl who's first choice was pharmacy. enjoy brussels.

and pharmacy is full of people who's first choice was medicine

i actually don't think that's true skylynx. they are completely different careers and the only thing they share is freshmen biology and a good salary in ireland. anybody who got 560 points and missed medicine by 5/10 probably repeat wouldnt they if they had any sense. how many ppl you know doing pharmacy who say's they wanted to do medicine?

I was thinking of pharmacy as we have a pharmacy and my dad's a pharmacist. I could take cont. the buss.

good for you sell makeup for the rest of your life.

only joking. good pharmacists are important health care practioneers are useful for free advice.

correctomondo... :) I want to be a pharmacist.. not a cosmetic sales rep. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

chick what is it about you and ending up flirting (or being flirted at) online a lot? :)

(only really read this thread now :P)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i noticed that

/me grumbles

i actually don't think that's true skylynx. they are completely different careers and the only thing they share is freshmen biology and a good salary in ireland. anybody who got 560 points and missed medicine by 5/10 probably repeat wouldnt they if they had any sense. how many ppl you know doing pharmacy who say's they wanted to do medicine?
    m8 of mine is doing pharmacy in RCSI, only about 2 people in his class actually had pharmacy first, rest had medicine..............

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Lol ok I'm not in tinity but I am doing pharmacy and a friend told me bout the thread cause he knew I'd wanna reply and give out :) In my pharmacy class of 56/57 only about 3 ppl had applied for medicine, 2 of which were graduate students so weren't depending on points anyways. It's sooo irritating when ppl presume you 'missed out' on medicine, I had the points but didn't want to do it! Ok rant over :D

Shrimp wrote:
    I just got back from trinity.. twas packed with people(Girls)!

Hey Chick... I have no problem with you been older.. thats cool! ;) if I knew who you were there.. I'd a deff. givin you a hand with all them books! :D;):D

Did you stay around long? I noticed that around mid early afternoon most ppl seemed to head off towards the shops, damn right too :)

Lol where were you yesterday when I was tryin' to carry all my crap, and tryin 2 ignore sum assholes whistling at me at the same time!! :mad:
    I fcuking hate wen guys do that

lol....wasn't moi ;)

well obviously not cos they were only 6th years

crash_000 wrote:
    chick what is it about you and ending up flirting (or being flirted at) online a lot? :)
    i noticed that
    /me grumbles

Wow you guys really need to lighten up :rolleyes: :p

Yeah Guy's.... Lighten up :)

Hey chick.. ;)

I left at about 12ish with the rest of the guys, we just had a look around town and chilled for a little while. In fairness... If I seen a "hot" girl I wouldn't be there whistlin and stuff... real childish, methinks :rolleyes:

Do ya think the open day was well organised? I found it a bit heavy myself.. :confused:

thanks for reading... :D:D;)

Lol I'm always tellin people to lighten up, but like whats the point in bein dead borin n serious? ;)

Thanks for sayin you would whistle I guess...? I mean how old were they, at 18 they really should have more cop on :rolleyes:

I dunno if it was organised really (if ur asking me that?) cos obviously i didn't go to anything, but there was total chaos wen I came in by the front arch, maybe they shouldnt have given out prospectuses (that how u spell it? ;)) right there. they were cream this yr right? nice change from blue i guess!

So d'ya get much info?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

I mean how old were they, at 18 they really should have more cop on

Ah go easy on them, they were probably mucksavages who went to an all-male CB school, the only tits they'd seen up until then were Big Jimmy's in the showers after PE.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Pet wrote:
    Ah go easy on them, they were probably mucksavages who went to an all-male CB school, the only tits they'd seen up until then were Big Jimmy's in the showers after PE.

He does have an impressive rack

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

The jiggling is almost hypnotic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement