Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Artists?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Klimseven wrote:
    Mf Doom, Gangstarr, Tribe Called Quest, Public Enemy, Immortal Technique, Non Phixion, Cannibal Ox, Aesop Rock, Jedi Mind Tricks, Jurrassic Five, Peanut Butter Wolf, The Roots, Run DMC, Mr Lif, The Pharcyde, Del tha Funky Homasapien, Hieroglyphics, Mos Def, Talib Kweli, Black Sheep, De la Soul, BDP, KRS-ONE, Jeru the Damaja, J-Live, Organized Confuzion, Pete Rock, Eric B and Rakim, Common, Gza, EPMD, Slick Rick, Masta Ace, Biz Markie, Souls of Mischief, Ultramagnetic MCs, Common, Kool Keith....

ever listened to any of them?

Thought not...you idiot...

Listen you child, lay off the personal insults, this is a discussion forum and I'm giving my opinion. Most of what you have listed is the same, you can't tell the difference hence the standard generally is poor.

Now go get the rattle and put it back in your cot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

So what exactly do you buy then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

BolBill wrote:
    Listen you child, lay off the personal insults, this is a discussion forum and I'm giving my opinion. Most of what you have listed is the same, you can't tell the difference hence the standard generally is poor.

Now go the the rattle and put it back in your cot.

BolBill your dead right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭thafitz

BolBill wrote:
    Most of what you have listed is the same, you can't tell the difference hence the standard generally is poor.

sorry but im gonna have to agree with klimseven on this one. you mustnt have listened to any of them otherwise you would have noticed that there is a lot of difference. whatever about you not liking klimseven insulting you, but dont go and make a stupid statement like that just so you can disagree for the sake of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Klimseven

how can you seriously take an online text message personally...who's childish again? Lighten the fu ck up, jesus...

...you fool :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

oh and...how in jaysus's name are Ultramagnetic Mcs anything like Mf Doom, how is Mf Doom anything like Cannibal Ox, how are Cannibal Ox anything like the Roots, how are the Roots anything like Slick Rick, how is Slick Rick anything like Immortal Technique...etc, etc...that's all original hip-hop that you've obviously never heard of or listened to for more than 6 nanoseconds...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭jjmax

Have to disagree on the Arrested Development thing,
    Cool music, great live, etc....
    However the whole "Yoh, Yoh, Yoh, Buy the T-Shirts" thing leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Dead Prez are a breath of fresh air in the midst of all the commercial rubbish we are bombarded with nowadays, good proper hard stuff with actual substance. Let's Get Free was one of the best albums released in years as far as I'm concerned.

Talib Kweli is also one of the most underrated MCs around and he's also one of the few who haven't started talking all that jewellery bollocks to make money.

Tupac, well, that speaks for itself.

Public Enemy, were one of the first groups to inject radical working class politics into hip hop, Chuch D is a real poet, better than WB Yeats anyday.,..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

Klimseven stfu with the personal insults or i'll ban you. BolBill may not know what he's talking about but personal attacks are not allowed, the "its only the internet" excuse doesnt wash here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Kingsize

Try Anything on the *def jux label if you arent into anything too commercial
    (Although the lines between"commercial" & "UNDERGROUND" become increasingly blurred in the rap / R'n'B genre)
    *Theres a compilation series "definitive jux" presents...its all good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

There's 3 Def Jux Presents albums.
    Haven't heard no 2 but 1 and 3 are definitely worth owning.

Klimseven stfu with the personal insults or i'll ban you. BolBill may not know what he's talking about but personal attacks are not allowed, the "its only the internet" excuse doesnt wash here.

瓦俄阿瑟 色特特!!!!!! :mad: :mad: 阿尔图!

。。。boo-urns 。。。

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

You should check out People under the Stairs, Cypress Hill, Snoop Dog & Dr. Dre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 johnscone

perhaps u should buy N.W.A straight out of compton ,i think if u like rap and not r&b

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭big syke

if u like gangsta rap or true hard core hip/hop nelly, usher and to a lesser extent the blazing squad will fullfill your craving

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Ah ask me swiss !!!! Blazing squad should not be mentioned in this forum !!! They are complete s**t. At least Nelly and Usher have their merits.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

BolBill wrote:
    Ah ask me swiss !!!! Blazing squad should not be mentioned in this forum !!! They are complete s**t. At least Nelly and Usher have their merits.

Exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭big syke

i was takin the p*** and nelly doesnt have his moments dont be silly

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

big syke wrote:
    i was takin the p*** and nelly doesnt have his moments dont be silly

i know you were :p Nelly is better than blazing squad. Thats not saying much though.

Advertisement