Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A cork boards night out?

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Poor attempt at humour CG. I was locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

youre all as mad as a can of hamsters! a can i tells ya!

I shall give it my finest attempt to be in attendance on the night. sadly my weeknights arent my own anymore since I sold my soul to a job that has me driving at speed around the country on any given weekday. See ye there anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

I'd love to go really but I have exams in Dublin until the 21st.. so not a hope I'm afraid unless u wanna do something say on the 22nd?! Dahamsta any chance you could do that? I know it's a bit crap moaning about finding right time for everyone.. but maybe by the 22nd most people will be finished exams etc... :rolleyes:

well.. I'll let ye think about it anyway!!

I've already announced it on CLUG, but if the majority of users in the list above say they want to change to Wednesday, so be it. I ain't assuming though, they need to post here or PM me to let me know. Otherwise it stays Tuesday.

Bugger, forgot about the CORK list. Duh.

adam

ok no bother!! next time!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I'm too shy to go drinking with a bunch of strangers. :o

On the other hand I'm not working Thursday.....

[edit]That embarrassed smiley is terrible - it's just purple.[/edit]

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Hmm Wednesday is a no no for me. But I don't mind. I'll meet up with ppl after christmas without any hangups.

I'm leaving it at Tuesday now, sure if people turn up well and good, if they don't I live about three minutes away. Here's the list again, who's on and who's off?
    • nesf
    • fysh
    • dahamsta
    • KittyKat
    • rymus
    • allnight_2002
    • Peter (from CLUG)
    • SeXoR
    If ten or more people turn up for this one, I'll happily organise the next one. Jeez, even five would be an improvement on the first one! :)

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

The first 12 Boards Beer Cork was just you drinking in a corner weren't they? ;)

Every night in the pub is a Boards Beer for me Blitz. I am Boards. :)

adam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

nesf wrote:
    lol I grew up in Rathcoole, just a few miles from Kanturk! :D

Ah cool! Ya i heard of Rathcoole, but i've never been there. :(
    Cork_girl wrote:
    lol me from Kanturk too!!! well... near enough .. went to school there!!

Gas! I'm from to Kanturk too, went to scool in Scoil Mhuire, did my leaving last year. How many more people are from or went to Kanturk??
    dahamsta wrote:
    nesf
    fysh
    dahamsta
    rymus
    allnight_2002
    Peter (from CLUG)
    SeXoR

Damn! Cant make it next week so i took my name off the list. I have exams Tuesday and Wednesday in college in Clonmel. :( Will definetly have to arrange something after Xmas! :) Have a brill nite Tuesday anyways!! ;)

KittyKat wrote:
    Ah cool! Ya i heard of Rathcoole, but i've never been there. :(

Gas! I'm from to Kanturk too, went to scool in Scoil Mhuire, did my leaving last year. How many more people are from or went to Kanturk??

Damn! Cant make it next week so i took my name off the list. I have exams Tuesday and Wednesday in college in Clonmel. :( Will definetly have to arrange something after Xmas! :) Have a brill nite Tuesday anyways!! ;)
    yeah went to good ol' Scoil Mhuire too..but did leaving 6 yrs ago :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

best take me off the list too. I'm going to be up in Donegal working for most of next week. :(

Enjoy the pints, see ye for the next one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

I know plenty Emmas (When does the nightmare end?? :D ) but i dont know an Emma Deane! :)

(Tomorrow evening = this evening, i.e. Tuesday.)
    Going for a few Christmas drinks in the Maylor* tomorrow evening at 8pm if anyone wants to come along. If people actually turn up they'll probably be mostly technical, but I'm happy to talk about other stuff if necessary. Except sports, obviously.

It's unlikely we'll stay in the Maylor, so call/text me on Vodafone xxx xxx if you're coming in after 9 or so and I'll let you know where we are. If you're a n00b to meatspace meetings, look for this guy:

http://beecher.ie/photos/photos/517/137-med.jpg

Unfortunately the keg had to be surgically removed. It was empty.

adam

* Parnell Place end of Maylor Street (between Roches and Cashs), nearly across from Smyths.

SeXoR wrote:
    They removed the beard with the keg so?
    It was a mercy killing. For sighted people.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 MrOrdinary

I wanna know how many of you went?? was it as fun as it sounds it cudda been? fnar fnar. please I need all the gorey details, who snogged who? who broke up with who?...and who got so wasted they didnt know wat they wer doin? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Couldn't make it, sorry guys am sick atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

I've heard of the pub with no beer, but the pub with no physical location is a bit much.

dahamsta wrote:
    Let's start in the Maylor in Maylor Street; they have Aftershock and they're great craic. 8pm on the 14th, if anyone needs a spin gimme a shout and I'll pick you up --as long as I make it back to the city before 7.45, take me up on it. Two spare sofabeds in my gaff, help yourself, first come first served.

adam
    that pub :D

• Advertisement

damien.m wrote:
    I've heard of the pub with no beer, but the pub with no physical location is a bit much.
    Which part of "which part of" did you have difficulty comprehending?

(I am such a moron. But as RK pointed out in my defense, rather bizarrely, I did put my number in the msg.)

adam

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Sorry I couldn't make it lads, poxy cold/throat infection has made (yet another) return and so have had to cram myself full of paracetamol again. (Which would have made drinking an interesting although probably hallucinogenic experience).

Anyway, I second MrOrdinary's questions - who snogged who, what went where, and what happened to the keg?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

I'm sure the fact that The Maylor does not exist made it more fun. We should all paraphrase this sketch.

It ended up being a CLUG meet, not a Boards Beer.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

What, *nobody* else showed up from boards?

That's pretty damn poor. Oh well...can't exactly say much myself, I suppose....

Sure only two guys (+me) turned up the last time. Nearly all Cork groups are the same though. They must all be scared of one another off-list/forum or summat. :)

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭7mountpleasant

Ya it used to be celsius. Gotta a bit scummy though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭beer enigma

dahamsta wrote:
    Sure only two guys (+me) turned up the last time. Nearly all Cork groups are the same though. They must all be scared of one another off-list/forum or summat. :)

adam

Ahh lads (and Ladettes)....how'd I manage to miss this thread completely - trust me to come across it after the event.

Def count me in for any one you're brave enough to run with in the New Year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,893 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Did they not change the name back to The Maylor after it was something else for a while?

Yeah it went from Maylor to Celcius to Maylor and now some smelly old restaurant thing.

Advertisement