Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone interested in a friendly "Irish only" match?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Message to the Irish CoD Community

Firstly, happy Paddy's Day! :D

Now, could anyone who owns or has access to a server set a date & time for this friendly war to take place? Even if there's only 4 or 6 of us I'm sure we'll have fun! And if it turns out to be a success, we could have another one later with more people hopefully! :D

What do you guys think?

Reminder:

It would be great to organise a friendly "Irish only" Search & Destroy match/war?

It would involve 2 teams (e.g. 6 vs 6 or more if possible - regardless of clan) playing on 2 maps (e.g. Dawnville & Carentan) over 40 rounds (20 rounds on each map - 10 rounds Axis, 10 rounds Allies). It would also be nice if everyone could connect to TeamSpeak on 2 different channels!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Message to the Irish CoD Community

Firstly, happy Paddy's Day! :D

Now, could anyone who owns or has access to a server set a date & time for this friendly war to take place? Even if there's only 4 or 6 of us I'm sure we'll have fun! And if it turns out to be a success, we could have another one later with more people hopefully! :D

What do you guys think?

Reminder:

It would be great to organise a friendly "Irish only" Search & Destroy match/war?

It would involve 2 teams (e.g. 6 vs 6 or more if possible - regardless of clan) playing on 2 maps (e.g. Dawnville & Carentan) over 40 rounds (20 rounds on each map - 10 rounds Axis, 10 rounds Allies). It would also be nice if everyone could connect to TeamSpeak on 2 different channels!

steph we got a server at ice you could use !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Im up for it/.......xfire listed below....contact me on that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭wideband

Hi Steffano2002,

just pm me when ur set up and ill play

looking forward

Drapper, I guess we'll use your server then! Is that ok?

If so, could you please just set a time and date? I'd say any night during the week at around 9pm...

How does that sound to everyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭hefty_langer

I'm on - just lemme know when...

I'm on - just lemme know when...

Give me a chance to get it started up !

Ok, take your time Drapper! Would be great if we could be 10 or 12! Can't wait! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭ZeRoY

Count me in too in there is free slots!

Oh I'm sure there will be! ;)

Although I hope Drapper will wait for my ping issues to be resolved before organising this friendly war! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭crowl

come to #ireland.cod and we could sort it there

Very good idea! When Drapper is able to get us the server (and when my ping issue is resolved ;)) we'll go there to get extra players if we don't have enough from boards.ie! :D

Hi Drapper,

Any updates for us? My ping is kind of ok now and I was wondering if we could get a proper start on this project! ;)

I know your ping started messing up yesterday but hopefully all is back to normal today! :)

Thanks for letting us know anyway! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

verry interested

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I could host an Irish night but the only thing is apart from our Irish members we have lads from all over Europeand wouldnt be fair to lock the server on them.
    If yas wish i can host you lads and get a definite list of our lads that will be on whatever night you lads want it.
    That way its fair to all,i can lock the server and get yas sorted on team speak.
    I can sort this any night yas want ,its a 22 man server btw.
    If yas want it strictly Irish then ill just bring along our irish members to whatever server :)
    Let me know anyways.

Post the IP here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

This sounds like a great idea once my ping beheaves. Let us know what happens.

EDIT: COD or COD UO?

We'll stick to CoD for now I think... But I'm sure a UO friendly war is also possible in the near future! ;)

Post the IP here

212.23.5.120:28960

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

Yeah also count me in . Ive only read down through this thread today. Been dragging out for a while all the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Couch Potato

Yeah also count me in . Ive only read down through this thread today. Been dragging out for a while all the same.

Me too .. what is the latest ?

It would be great if somebody who has access to a CoD server and a TS server could just post the IPs and set a date and time...
    I now have access to both but they belong to my new team (located in France) so I'm a little reluctant to ask. I've only been with them for a week and a half...
    I'll see what I can do and keep you posted! :D

It would be great if somebody who has access to a CoD server and a TS server could just post the IPs and set a date and time...

I have stated already i had everything in place server and TS and to just give me a date and id sort it,i heard absolutely nothing from anyone about what i see as a generous offer therefore i took it you didnt want me to host this event.

Dcully wrote:
    I have stated already i had everything in place server and TS and to just give me a date and id sort it,i heard absolutely nothing from anyone about what i see as a generous offer therefore i took it you didnt want me to host this event.
    Well if you have everything lets go! Where the server, UK? Does it have a mod (hopefully not!)? How many players max? How about this week-end (friday evening for example)?

Thanks a million Dcully! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Couch Potato

Well if you have everything lets go! Where the server, UK? Does it have a mod (hopefully not!)? How many players max? How about this week-end (friday evening for example)?

Thanks a million Dcully! :D

Agreed - can you password protect the server ?

Ok lads ,right now we are looking into switching our server over to the GFM mod.
    This will probably be done this weekend so im sorry to say i no can do this Friday.
    I had an idea this was gonna happen hence why i posted last week with my offer as i knew our server would be available pretty much all this week as the lads are playing GFM on other servers.
    Yas should have got back to me sooner lads,sorry bout that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Tomohawk

Good Idea mate with putting this on the server, GFM is the way foward...for now. It's very good to play isn't it?

*GFM* = German Front Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭ZeRoY

Does GFM brings much to the Multiplayer?

Yeah GFM is excellent if somewhat buggy.
    Zeroy its basically more powerfull weapons,some new weapon models,new uniforms,class system incuding medics etc,new maps,brilliant new sound,no crosshairs all playable with existing game modes.
    Some weapons are unstoppable and insanely accurate ,ie the mp40 but their strenght can be lowered by editing serverside if ya know how :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

Changing over to GFM , best news I heard all week . Only problem is ye're server is too god damn popular !

Advertisement