Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor Unfair !!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Was listening to the radio yesterday morning....

Turns out the reason Tabby sang the U2 song was that the guy manages U" or who owns theit record company was in the audience on Saturday night to watch him. Turns out he's determined to try sign up Tabby.

Really hope Tabby gets something out of this - he's a great entertainer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Damn right...its a load of manipulated rubbish.

What annoys me is that I think Tabby isn't a very good singer....but because he's Irish that all goes out the window...

Exactly, think hes mediocre to say the least and his heads in a jocker too !!!

Delighted hes gone but mainly because Sharon Osbourne was backing him, I hate her with a passion :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

im not sure how these things work but im guessing the winners contract is designed to get maximum publicity in the wake of the concer followed by a quick "exit stage left" into oblivion.
    how many popstars/idols/wannabes stay in the charts longer than a month or two anyway/
    these things are timed to get maximum sales, ie, they always finish at christmas etc.

like the guy that posted earlier i have never watched nor have intention of watching these shows but if the lad in question is as good/determined to become a popstar as is claimed by his fans, then he is alot better off getting out of the show early.

at least hell have a chance of getting a good deal / signing up for more than 2 singles and a half assed album.

best of luck to him in his career as an entertainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,470 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Heard on the radio at lunchtime that 100,000 votes sent by Irish viewers didn't get registered (but the voters were still charged for the calls/text messages). Why am I not surprised?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

TmB wrote:
    Heard on the radio at lunchtime that 100,000 votes sent by Irish viewers didn't get registered (but the voters were still charged for the calls/text messages). Why am I not surprised?

Because we live in a country that rips the fu*kin sh*t out of us everyday perhaps?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭LFCFan

newband wrote:
    G4 are absolutely fantastic

Are you having a laugh. They're the biggest joke I've ever witnessed. They make Westlife look like a great band. How they've gotten this far is beyond me. I think boy bands should be banned forever. They're a travesty to music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

I grew up with Trever and I know if he had won it he wouldn't just dissapear

I presume he spells it Trevor...

In any case, we can be sure the reason the Irish numbers weren't on screen with the UK ones was to avoid any confusion among the UK-voting public.

However, it wouldn't have killed UTV to have put the Irish and UK numbers up together - with then only one ITV region affected. TV3 and UTV both do this, by superimposing graphics over the ITV broadcast, for I'm A Celebrity.

ITV do deserve credit for allowing Irish participation in this contest. Previously, you even had to have a UK address to enter. They also made Irish voting possible for the first time. Kate Thornton did say back at the very beginning that it was "the biggest talent competition ever held in the UK and Ireland".

It is not in ITV's interest to undermine or aggravate the Irish viewing audience for shows like this, so hopefully for future reference they will tighten up their policies on the showing of the votelines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

LFCFan wrote:
    Are you having a laugh. They're the biggest joke I've ever witnessed. They make Westlife look like a great band. How they've gotten this far is beyond me. I think boy bands should be banned forever. They're a travesty to music.

this coming from a liverpool fan :rolleyes: you're the joke

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Saviour_Angel

doh.ie wrote:
    I presume he spells it Trevor...

sry i'm hopeless at spelling names... :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭overdriver

LFCFan wrote:

Have you heard the Camembert Quartet's " Boybands Are C*unts"?
    Savage!

www.camembertquartet.com

• Advertisement
Advertisement