Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor Unfair !!!

Options
  • 04-12-2004 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭

Ok the X factor just ended, and we just found out that Tabby lost.

There have been many complaints over the last few weeks as the Irish numbers to vote have not been shown until the end of the program !!!
    The English numbers are shown almost once every five minutes, were as the Irish numbers are shown over an hour after the voting begins and only once !?

I'm a personal friend of Trev’s and feel that this is totally b*ll*cks, I've been in his corner since the beginning and have noticed that the numbers were never shown to us..

I'd like to hear what others think about this and if there are many who feel the same...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Well havent really been watching the X factor but when i have and tonight i did and think G4 or whatever they are called and not really keen on the other bloke but either should of went instead of Tabby....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

i didn't realise he went untill i read this.. tabby is by far the best thing the on the x factor(was).. but i don't think it matters.. i think sharon will still give him a deal and he'll go a lot further then the rest.. G4 are absolutely fantastic.. but i couldn't imagine them recording original music.. i reckon louis will just record a covers album and that will be the last we see of them..

and the other fella will head straight to panto

• Registered Users Posts: 43,810 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yeah, am well pissed off being a Sligo man meself!

All of Sligo have been so behind Tabby since the start.. i can say on behalf of myself and the entirety of Sligo - "we are gutted!!"

Been watching X-Factor since the start and without a doubt, i was sure Tabby would go on to win it. Having seen him plenty of times performing with Petronella around Sligo - i can say without a shadow of a doubt that he has worked hard enough and he deserved to win it!

Should have been Steve out tonight, the useless fu*ker!!

Tabby definantly has a record contract out of it anyways and is bound to have a song out for the Christmas.

Will be up for G4 next week anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Lioness

The English numbers are shown almost once every five minutes, were as the Irish numbers are shown over an hour after the voting begins and only once !?

that makes the whole show a joke. Not once during the results show were the voting numbers for Ireland displayed. what a joke especially when you consider there was only a tiny margin between the three of them.....!!! Tabby should have won. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 stripes_333

i went crazy tonight and voted for Tabby like mad!

And now, im getting meassages back (5 so far) that the voting lines are closed. I presume this means that they didn't count.

i texted well within the time frame. If there was only a few votes in it, this is significant if the irish lines were not working properly.

• Advertisement

i went crazy tonight and voted for Tabby like mad!

And now, im getting meassages back (5 so far) that the voting lines are closed. I presume this means that they didn't count.

i texted well within the time frame. If there was only a few votes in it, this is significant if the irish lines were not working properly.
    This happened a couple of people i know last week as well...

Big scam!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

that makes the whole show a joke. Not once during the results show were the voting numbers for Ireland displayed.

Well, it is a UK based TV show. The Irish numbers aren't shown at all on ITV in the UK, it's just something UTV sticks on at the end of the main show to enable people in the south to vote.

Well they sure as hell charge us to vote so legally they must register them. if this happened every irish voter then Tabby was wrong because it was really close aparently.

Kate Thorton even said tonight that people from the republic CAN vote.

I was unable to send messages also.

BuffyBot wrote:
    Well, it is a UK based TV show. The Irish numbers aren't shown at all on ITV in the UK, it's just something UTV sticks on at the end of the main show to enable people in the south to vote.
    You'd think they'd have Kate read out the Irish information too! Or display it on screen after the English numbers are show. It'd only take a couple of extra seconds.

It's not like there's no areas of the show that can't be cut down for that - for instance, you think they really need that X-Factor Pod with all the English housewives shouting "ohhhh.... Steve... he's lovely!!" or the whole thing with each of the 3 judge's entrance to their theme tune. Why not just have them seated when the show starts?

I thought he should have gone last week.....

• Advertisement

Well they sure as hell charge us to vote so legally they must register them. if this happened every irish voter then Tabby was wrong because it was really close aparently.

Kate Thorton even said tonight that people from the republic CAN vote.

I was unable to send messages also.
    Didn't something similar to this happen in 'You're A Star' last year?

When you rang up to vote for someone, the call would end with "thanks for voting for.. Chris Doran.." even if it wasn't him you were voting for. Probably the only reason he won the thing!

The Sunday World will probably do a 3 page story on the 'voting scandal' tomorrow! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭isolde

Actually, I saw the numbers 3 times.

Firstly yer one said that the numbers would come up, and then a message flashed on the screen saying Irish viewers will see the numbers at the end of the show. And then there was a break (this was after the 3 of them had finished singing the first song). And at the end of the first break, before it started again, the numbers were shown. So there was about a 3 minute difference between when the UK numbers were shown and when the Irish numbers were shown (this may still have counted, I know).

Then the numbers were shown at the end of the show.

And then they were shown just before the results show began.

~ isolde.

isolde wrote:
    Firstly yer one said that the numbers would come up, and then a message flashed on the screen saying Irish viewers will see the numbers at the end of the show. And then there was a break (this was after the 3 of them had finished singing the first song). And at the end of the first break, before it started again, the numbers were shown. So there was about a 3 minute difference between when the UK numbers were shown and when the Irish numbers were shown (this may still have counted, I know).

Then the numbers were shown at the end of the show.

And then they were shown just before the results show began.

~ isolde.

Yeah, i saw this too.

But you have to take into account that not all people would have been watching the ad break... most people probably were flicking around and just waited to the end of the show (as informed) to vote.

Should have just left it as was in the earlier shows... where the voting in both England and Ireland started at pretty much the same time (end of the show)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Stephen P

I read in one of the tabloids during the week (think it was the Star) that Sharon Osbourne was giving out that the Republic couldn't vote till the end of the show and that this wasn't fair, then I think ITV said that they'll show the numbers for the Republic straight after the English numbers. Obviously this didn't happen!! It's disgraceful!! As someone said in a previous post that it only take a couple of seconds to show the numbers. I think it was very unfair that Tabby went. Personally I think the show has been rigged the past few week because if you think about it, it was obvious that they'd have the 3 judges left at the very end with 1 act each, and that would determine who was left in the final. Maybe I'm wrong and some people would disagree but thats my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

maybe he lost because he sang a rod stewart song

• Registered Users Posts: 9,394 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Most of the people who have the won these types of shows have had their 15 secs of fame and then disappeared. E.g David Sneddon , Hear' Say etc. While the people who "lost" have become bigger stars. E.g Liberty X , etc.

He may be better off losing as he can do want he wants now and is not tied down to the contract that the winner gets.

I have never watched X-Factor or hear Tabby sing.

irishgeo wrote:
    Most of the people who have the won these types of shows have had their 15 secs of fame and then disappeared. E.g David Sneddon , Hear' Say etc. While the people who "lost" have become bigger stars. E.g Liberty X , etc.

He may be better off losing as he can do want he wants now and is not tied down to the contract that the winner gets.

I have never watched X-Factor or hear Tabby sing.

That's very true. The only band that has won and that has done well is Girls Aloud & maybe Will Young (Will Young did win didn't he???), anyone else that has won always flopped after a few months or even weeks!!!

yeah and probably the most succesful reality tv star in the future will be Lemar who never had much public support and came 3rd.

Steve will flop faster than u can say Michelle McManus

I reckon actually Steve will win, for a number of reasons:
    1. He's under Simon Cowells wing and the show is Simon's, Simon could pull strings.
    2. Steve would sing a more diverse range of songs compared to G4 to tend to go for more balad type songs.
    3. He just seems like the person who's pop career would flop just like Michelle McManus.

Anyone agree/disagree??

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Saviour_Angel

irishgeo wrote:

you've got a very good point there, yes, most of the winners of other compeitions have droped of the face of the earth, but i believe Trever is a different story if he had won it...
    I grew up with Trever and I know if he had won it he wouldn't just dissapear, he's a preformmer, always has been and this fact will never change..
    If you've ever seen him play live, you'd know what i mean...

Altho back to the point... this after all my just be a blessing in disguise !!! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭DS

Jesus ****ing christ. So many people actually giving half a bollocks about this joke. It's thanks to you losers that we have to put up with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Saviour_Angel

DS wrote:
    Jesus ****ing christ. So many people actually giving half a bollocks about this joke. It's thanks to you losers that we have to put up with it.

i don't give a damn about reality show's or these contests, infact i hate them..
    the only reason i care is that Trever is a friend of mine and i wanted to see him do well...
    wot i've said is my own opinion and if u don't like it then tough sh*t !!!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

You'd think they'd have Kate read out the Irish information too!

Takes too long, and wouldn't be relevant to most of the viewers.
    Or display it on screen after the English numbers are show. It'd only take a couple of extra seconds.

That's the more logical option, but it appears ITV couldn't be arsed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Lioness

basquille wrote:
    the whole thing with each of the 3 judge's entrance to their theme tune. Why not just have them seated when the show starts?

Because the show is just as much about the judges than the actual contestants!!
    hen there was a break (this was after the 3 of them had finished singing the first song). And at the end of the first break, before it started again, the numbers were shown. So there was about a 3 minute difference between when the UK numbers were shown and when the Irish numbers were shown (this may still have counted, I know).
    I dont remember the irish voting numbers being shown at the break... :confused:
    They were shown at the end of the 1st show.
    During the live results show they were not shown once!! yet the english numbers were shown continuously up to when the actual results were given out!! We lost about 48 mins voting time...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭flyinfishmonkey

Well just for the jazz, I just sent "utvlive" an email stating my disproval at how we were allowed vote (or not) as the case may be. Not that it will make a jot of difference to corporate business who don't give 2 f.ucks for us in our 26 Counties. I sent them a link to this thread too if they bother to read it... In future I suggest none of you waste your time and MONEY voting on shows that your vote won't even get counted! Who gets the revenue from these "votes that don't arrive in time" calls/texts anyhow? Now there's a question worth answering!!!http://www.utvlive.com/progcomments.asp

DS wrote:

Damn right...its a load of manipulated rubbish.

What annoys me is that I think Tabby isn't a very good singer....but because he's Irish that all goes out the window...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

The show is more about the judges than anything else. I saw louie walsh the big gaylord on telly telling everyone to vote for "HIM", nothing about the singers. Wanker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭isolde

Lioness wrote:
    I dont remember the irish voting numbers being shown at the break... :confused:
    They were shown at the end of the 1st show.
    During the live results show they were not shown once!! yet the english numbers were shown continuously up to when the actual results were given out!! We lost about 48 mins voting time...

Well I presume we're both in Ireland, watching UTV. In which case, then you must have missed them. As I said, they were shown at the end of the break after they all sang once, at the end of the show, and at the end of the break before the results show began.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Conspiracy

It's really quite simple. Look at the poeple who are involved in the show.

1) Simon Cowell.
    He's a smart man - and has made a lot of money over the past 5 years of this show.

2) Sharon Osborne
    She's a smart woman - spearheading the Osborne show and ozzy's (and her entire family's) revived fame.

3) Louis Walsh
    He's a smart guy! He's been a big player for the past years as we all know.

These people have rolled out a formula show that people just watch and watch again and again. It serves one function - to make money for the producers. They make money for the rights of the show, they make a lot of money from the people voting, and finally they all make money off the winner.

To think that any result from the reality pop star shows would be a true result would be mistaken. Do they even use the actual vote figures in the last few shows where their money oppertunities really are at a stat of fine tuning as they try to figure out how much they could make off each different act.

It's all about money people - not talent. Talent may well get tv airplay and oppertunities from that. If you are a musician / singer and you onto the show, your aim should be to maximise your results and expand your oppertunities from the people you get to interract with while taking part.

It's a tough business, and the people who are making the big money aren't interested in making money for some lucky hopefull, they are interested in making money off one of the lucky hopefulls !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

isolde wrote:
    Actually, I saw the numbers 3 times.

Yeah - I saw them three times too - they definatley came up. I voted and got a message back saying that my vote was logged.

Advertisement