Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General knowledge thread

191012141547

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu


    no


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR


    super mario bros 3?


  • Posts: 0 Brooke Large Face


    Ms. Pac Man? :eek:


  • Posts: 0 Brooke Large Face


    RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    super mario bros 3?

    Yeah that one sounds right.


  • Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu


    no and no


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR


    last guess, then I'm giving up

    GTA: Vice City


  • Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu


    RE*AC*TOR has named 2 and 3 :

    2) Tetris (Game Boy) - 33 Million
    3) Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES) 18 Million


  • Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu


    RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    last guess, then I'm giving up

    GTA: Vice City
    Nope, come on you can't quit now.


  • Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu


    The other guesses:

    7) The Sims (PC) - 10 Million
    9) Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (PS2) - 8.5 Million

    Halo, Ms. Pac Man don't feature.


  • Posts: 0 Brooke Large Face


    Myst?


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu


    Kenny007 wrote:
    Myst?
    18) Myst (PC) - 7 Million


  • Posts: 0 Brooke Large Face


    Sonic 1?


  • Posts: 0 Brooke Large Face


    Could it just be Super Mario Bros plain and simple?


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown


    Super Mario Bros? wasn't it bundled with the NES which sold a buck load.
    Surprised it ain't the Sims given their "best selling video game ever" marketing spiel!


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh


    I think it is Pokemon if I remember correctly


  • Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu


    Kenny007 wrote:
    Could it just be Super Mario Bros plain and simple?
    Congratulations!

    1) Super Mario Bros. (NES) - 40 Million
    2) Tetris (Game Boy) - 33 Million
    3) Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES) 18 Million
    4) Super Mario World (SNES) - 17 Million
    5) Super Mario Land (Game Boy) - 14 Million
    6) Super Mario 64 (N64) - 11 Million
    7) The Sims (PC) - 10 Million
    8) Super Mario Bros. 2 (NES) - 10 Million
    9) Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (PS2) - 8.5 Million
    10) Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (PS1) - 8 Million
    11) GoldenEye (N64) - 8 Million
    12) Donkey Kong Country (SNES) - 8 Million
    13) Super Mario Kart (SNES) - 8 Million
    14) Pokemon Red/Blue (Game Boy) - 8 Million
    15) Half-Life (PC) - 8 Million
    16) Tomb Raider II (PS1) - 8 Million
    17) Final Fantasy VII (PS1) - 7.8 Million
    18) Myst (PC) - 7 Million
    19) Gran Turismo 3 (PS2) - 7 Million
    20) Dragon Warrior VII (PS1) - 6 Million


  • Posts: 0 Brooke Large Face


    Yay!!!!!!!!!!!


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh


    rkm wrote:
    Congratulations!

    1) Super Mario Bros. (NES) - 40 Million
    2) Tetris (Game Boy) - 33 Million
    3) Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES) 18 Million
    4) Super Mario World (SNES) - 17 Million
    5) Super Mario Land (Game Boy) - 14 Million
    6) Super Mario 64 (N64) - 11 Million
    7) The Sims (PC) - 10 Million
    8) Super Mario Bros. 2 (NES) - 10 Million
    9) Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (PS2) - 8.5 Million
    10) Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (PS1) - 8 Million
    11) GoldenEye (N64) - 8 Million
    12) Donkey Kong Country (SNES) - 8 Million
    13) Super Mario Kart (SNES) - 8 Million
    14) Pokemon Red/Blue (Game Boy) - 8 Million
    15) Half-Life (PC) - 8 Million
    16) Tomb Raider II (PS1) - 8 Million
    17) Final Fantasy VII (PS1) - 7.8 Million
    18) Myst (PC) - 7 Million
    19) Gran Turismo 3 (PS2) - 7 Million
    20) Dragon Warrior VII (PS1) - 6 Million



    Sorry but where or from when are those number from

    Quote:
    and the current Pokémon craze is even bigger, having already generated sales of more than 48 million Game Boy games worldwide.

    from here

    http://www.nintendo.com/corp/press/061500.html


  • Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu


    Gilgamesh wrote:
    Sorry but where or from when are those number from

    Quote:
    and the current Pokémon craze is even bigger, having already generated sales of more than 48 million Game Boy games worldwide.

    from here

    http://www.nintendo.com/corp/press/061500.html
    Here we go..........

    http://www.ownt.com/qtakes/2003/gamestats/gamestats.shtm
    and
    http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/content_pages/record.asp?recordid=52404


  • Posts: 0 Brooke Large Face


    Gilgamesh wrote:
    Sorry but where or from when are those number from

    Quote:
    and the current Pokémon craze is even bigger, having already generated sales of more than 48 million Game Boy games worldwide.

    from here

    http://www.nintendo.com/corp/press/061500.html

    But does that figure include ALL of the Pokemon games?


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh


    probably yes, was just an example, but if yo read in the release, Tetris is still quoted most sold game ever, apparently surpassing everything


  • Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu


    Gilgamesh wrote:
    probably yes, was just an example, but if yo read in the release, Tetris is still quoted most sold game ever, apparently surpassing everything
    Most sold on gameboy yes :) "2) Tetris (Game Boy) - 33 Million"
    You finished.
    /me bitchslaps Gilgamesh

    Kenny007 you're up.


  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge


    Gilgamesh wrote:
    probably yes, was just an example, but if yo read in the release, Tetris is still quoted most sold game ever, apparently surpassing everything
    Yeah. But is that Tetris for the Gameboy. Or the Tetris game on all formats.


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer


    oooooh, this is interesting, more questions please...


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh


    that's just Tetris on the Gameboy.
    but what the hell, don't want to spoil this thread
    if you want to believe that Super mario is the number one, then I will not stop you


  • Posts: 0 Brooke Large Face


    Okay then. Who invented the PC Operating System?


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh


    I think it was John Louis von Neumann


  • Posts: 0 Brooke Large Face


    No sorry.


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR


    Kenny007 wrote:
    Okay then. Who invented the PC Operating System?
    Steve Jobs :D


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh


    I guess it is Bill gates then, if you are saying the first PC OS?


Advertisement