Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stables Vs Scholars

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 nokia7600

hmmmm for the raw talent it has to be the stables.scholars is always good for a laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭thror

Ah those were the days, start off the weekend with Happy Hour on a Friday evening after lectures with cheap pints and chicken and chips, stay there till about 8, head home to curragh birin, drink our nagins and then off to stumble about in the lodge :) Bliss. Then to finish off the weekend, after a rough saturday night, fall in the door of the scholars for the breakfast club on sunday morning. Sunday papers, a big dirty fry up and about 20 bottles of Lucozade each.

Stables is a hole - full of Jock GAA heads and bimbo GAA chasers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

and whats wrong with GAA types?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭thror

Don't get me started :)

Nah only messing, they can be great people and I'm not against the playing of sports!

But when a big crowd of jocks are together, they tend to make a lot of people uncomfortable and self-conscious. Maybe not their fault, but I'd still prefer the more individualistic (is that a word?) Scholars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Photi

Has to be Scholars, better food, better music, better staff and less annoying first years!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,501 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

The food in stables is generally crap. They do (or at least used to) a good bbq chicken with chips, but the scholars has way better food and pints.

The sports bar? Muhahahaha! I dare anyone to walk in there some evening, when there is no match on, past all the people in tracksuits drinking their carrot juice, and ask for a pint of anything without getting the feeling that the whole place has stopped to stare at you in disgust.

Advertisement