Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stables Vs Scholars

Options
  • 01-12-2004 8:22pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Which is your favourite pub??

mine personally is the scholars, its just a bit quieter i feel, pints are marginally better (thats not saying much mind) theres more talent behind the bar (at least on thursday anyway) tiger woods is good for the occasional laugh, coyote ugly

anyway, we'll be up there tonight! thats up in the pub, not up dancing!

Which Pub 13 votes

Stables
    0% 0 votes
    Scholars
    100% 13 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

Em the scholars is better i think, but always seem to get p*ssed in the stables :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

scholars here too...meh, no good reason why tho :|

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

scholars,cos of tiger of course,food is awful in both though,worst curry sauce ive ever had

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

yeah, food isnt the best

usually go to the paddock for grub

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

library restaurant does me for grub

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

Stables used to be cool... back before they did it 'up' and made it look like an airport bar. Back in my day... *mutter**mutter*

library restraunt ehh

been there a few times, was ok, bit expensive if i remember

dont think ive even been in the library this semester! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

it all depends on the mood you are in ...

If you feel like getting hit in the head with a hurley and tripping over sports bags as you fight yourway to the bar surrounded by a rainbow of GAA tops, then I recommend the Stables.

On the other hand if you like your pubs empty apart from American students, while you still have stand because the 5 chairs they have are taken, then the Scholars is the place for you.

hope that helps :rolleyes:

rofl

i'll pick the 5 chairs!

aye pete...I concur.

• Advertisement

i know you bloody concur, you said so in said post above (the last one is not said post btw, your second one is said post)

peter, stop spamming fs.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭edson

the food in scholars is way nicer, you get more too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 820 ✭✭✭qBot

Got to be the stables...but i usually go to the hurlers myself

scholars breakfast anyone? *drools*

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Renegade_Archer

Cannot beat the Full Irish in the Scholars after pulling an all nighter in the Vax lab. Mmmmmmm fryup..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭StephenInsane

The stables is class, i was there once. I met a classy bird and i ended up back at her place.

rofl. pld stephenI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭PlasseyMinstrel

Not really adding much here but...

Scholars for quieter nights: better music, nicer pints, less like a cattle mart. Also for food: breakfast there is the best breakfast in Ireland *drools all over self*. Best morning ever is waking up after a night out in time to get breakfast before they finish, then getting the big table by the door with the comfy seats - ahh bliss. I don't eat much dinner in college (too expensive) but if I did it'd be there.

Stables for getting drunk before clubbing. And nothing else. Food is crap, pints are only ok - not terrible but not the nicest - music generally worse, unless The Lollygaggers are there. The GAA shirts thing is true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Sergeant Horse

What about the *snigger* Sports Bar

• Advertisement

sports bar for the soccer - guaranteed to see the game && hear it!

rofl, i was waiting for somebody to laugh about the sports bar!!

never been there myself

never been to college either fs.
    get in here now peter. the vacs will be packed and we have a meeting in 50 mins...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭PlasseyMinstrel

I used to kayak, back when I had time to do things, and the sports bar was handy for grabbing a pint after coming outta the Arena at 11:00. Apart from that, watched a match one Sunday when nowhere else was open, went to one or two table quizzes and that's about all.

Oh and I acquired a rubbish bag full of ice from there for our end of year party in May :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 dinoflagellates

if u want to see fine male talent in its raw state(natural is the best in my opinon) without the excess brylcream and hugo boss i would recommend the sports bar for all the ladies!!wouldnt recommend it for when you are going clubbing but for a quiet drink and some good eye candy definetly the sports bar. bad experience in the stables some fella put his stool down on my toe(i was wearing sandles not the best move) and broke my toe. Was hobbling for weeks afterwards and got no apology!!!scholars grand too though

i think you're the only lady here dinoflagellates....

i reserve the right to withhold judgement till further notice as to whether said poster is male or female.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 dinoflagellates

i am a lady!!!!

Scholars it is i'd say.

Jaysus it was mobbed last night. Never seen anything like it tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 redalert2

i think the scholars is really boring. everyone is hidden away behind big divisions. the stables is way more craic!

Advertisement