Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Halfords

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Also tesco had some recently at a good price too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

I certainly hope they are not leaving the Irish Market.

I have a Trade Card and, apart from some great everyday discounts, there are often massive discounts on certain items.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

They're excellent for getting stuff like anything in the Thule range, often at discounts too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭zg3409

Halfords have some very cheap stuff and some very overpriced stuff. Open on a Sunday is very helpful. I heard a similar rumour 2 months ago. I don't think the evidence is great yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 MrAuto

Halfords are aware of an issue where stores are not showing on Google searches and are working with Google to resolve. If you pop into any Halfords store they’ll advise the same.

In the meantime, please use the Halfords store locator on the Halfords website to find local stores and their addresses/contact details😊

~ MrAuto (Halfords Staff Member)

Post edited by MrAuto on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Cheers for that 👍🏻

• Registered Users Posts: 18,930 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Don't trust their opening times though. I checked one of their stores on their sites and it was supposed to be open till 8, I went in at 5:55 and got kicked out a 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Hyperbollix

Aside from job losses obviously, the only downside to Halfords going would be the Sunday opening. Car parts and accessories are strictly a Monday to Friday business with half day on Saturday for most motorfactors, so Halfords is good if you need something at the weekend.

Was never gone on them though. Always found them overpriced. Anything branded they sell is massively marked up compared to what you'd pay elsewhere in physical shops, never mind what you can get it for online. Always gave me the impression of milking a certain type of customer that want a supermarket experience as opposed to going into a dingy motorfactors where you can't browse but have to ask at the counter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Buffman

Do people seriously think a business would deliberately remove itself from Google while actually still open? I think if Halfords were actually closing all stores removing themselves from Google wouldn't even be on the 'to-do' list.

If a business hasn't claimed ownership of itself on Google by doing the necessary admin, anyone can go in and edit it. It wouldn't be the first time some disgruntled person has messed with stuff on Google maps.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭zg3409

You can edit and report opening times yourself for review by Google staff. If you link to actual opening times they will correct it.

Anyway no stores are closing.

• Advertisement

It was the Halfords site I checked. I don't trust Google opening times.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,233 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

So annoying that buying on line it won't let you choose what you want if it decides your car is incompatible with item, I know it's to stop people buying wrong product but they should have a ignore button and buy anyway.

Wanted Castrol 10w40 oil for my 98 astra G ,10% off online today, won't let me buy it , used same oil on that car for 17 years now 256000 miles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Can you not remove the astra from your account/profile?

You can change vehicles but then that would come up with a different oil , you can't just put in 10w40 in search and buy now

Spoke to customer services they said that's the way the on line system is set up ,it's to stop people buying products unsuitable for the car and recommended going into the store to buy, obviously discount won't apply as on line only.

Now I did put in other models of cars to see if 10w40 would come up as recommended so I could buy now, gave up after 4 attempts .

Don't remember having this problem before.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Neilw

Of course you can, just deselect applicable to my vehicle.

Can filter by oil grade then.

No , don't see that on my phone,search 10w40, can't add to basket with out adding vehicle details.

https://www.halfords.ie/motoring/engine-oils-fluids/engine-oil/castrol-magnatec-10w40-a3-b4-oil-4-litre-918615.html

• Registered Users Posts: 14,491 ✭✭✭✭elperello

I'm just glad Halfords isn't closing in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Neilw

Issue is on your side so, the site works. Try a different device, the mobile version may have limitations.

Just as well it didn't work, just got a better deal off misterauto.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I had similar with a 12v battery for my ioniq 38, I had to tell them I had the older model of the car before it would let me add it to the basket on my phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 bobmaster

Does anyone know if the store in Tallaght is open? I went up to collect an order last week and it was shut a couple of hours early (a couple of other people walked up and looked surprised too).

Contacted customer service who said they'd escalate it to the store. Heard nothing since. They havent answered their phone anytime I rang either. This morning it sounded disconnected.

Honestly, I think they're quietly closing down.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,449 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Have had the same issue with Liffey valley multiple times. Open until 8 but were closed at 6. They seem to have changed their opening times on Google though the last few days..

That's the one I was kicked out of at 6pm. When I told the staff member their site said it's open to 8pm they said they don't have enough staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,361 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Why would you look up opening times on Google when halfords dot ie has an 'Opening Times' link at the top of their homepage?

I realise the data may not be accurate (see previous post to this) but at least you're getting it direct from the company itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭User1998

Obviously because its easier to just search ‘Halfords opening hours’ and see the information provided, instead of having to go to the website, find the opening hours section, choose the right store etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Buffman

It's very common when a company doesn't 'own' it's own Google listing that changes in actual opening hours won't be updated on Goggle until they bother doing it or some random Googler takes the time to do it.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭talla

Yes its open. I went up there yesterday @ about 7pm and it was closed (as others have mentioned the Halfords site said it was open to 8pm on a Friday). Popped in today Saturday afternoon and it was open.

Advertisement