Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2024 - Round 6 - Miami, Florida, USA

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

The gap opened before Lando reached the pits.

My thought at the time was that Lando was going as fast as the rules allow under safety car, whereas everyone else really slowed down. I think that by the time he reached the pit, he was a good 20 seconds ahead.

Not sure though why the SC caught Verstappen instead. I guess timing of when the SC came on?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Great to see Lando finally get his win, got some luck today but showed real pace after the SC restart to pull away from Max.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Sainz get a penalty after the race for his move on Piastri, pushed his way through and caused the collision

• Registered Users Posts: 12,894 ✭✭✭✭flazio

First time the Mercedes Benz engine has won since Brazil 2022?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

That was one of those days where everything aligns to deliver a result that everyone wants to see.

Well done Lando. Super drive to put himself in that position.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,524 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

No he was 10.5 seconds behind but the safety car picked Max up first and Lando pitted before he was picked up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Ocon and Alpine get their first point of the season. Yay!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭This is it

And let's not forget Abbi Pulling getting two Alpine backed victories in F1 Academy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,404 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

The 10s of Alpine fans out there will be delighted.

Nice tribute to Gil De Ferran there from Zac on F1 TV. Gil was from Florida apparently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

If he made up 10 seconds before pit he must have been cheating or Max made a mistake. If the safety car can just pick up 2nd place and let the leader run off we would have seen lots of topsy turvey safety car moves over the years. Imagine if Stroll was in tenth and everyone makes a pitstop so he is in the lead by 1 second and then the safety car picks up 2nd and holds him up so Stroll can fly off and then make free pitstop that even 11th place gets held back behind sc. A Montoya race in F3000 when someone spun behind him, allowing Montoya to lap the entire field came to mind when watching this. He probably would have came out ahead of Max but it would have been close. Sky sports will never mention this, though Max didn't seem too bothered

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Longing

Here you go pure skill today.

https://www.instagram.com/f1troll/reel/C5im6EdIsSf/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

The gap fluctuated wildly before the SC got out. It started at 10 seconds, then went a wide as 30 and back down to 20 ish. Unless the timings on the sky feed were incorrect.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

I'm not really surprised by that comment from you tbh.

I don't think what you described happened.

If there was cheating (I.e. speeding) they would have caught it.

For the SC: it was very confusing (for me at least) what was the sequence of events. One minute we see Lando pitting, the next a safety car in a different part of the circuit. Did they messed up because Lando had to do 2/3 of a lap to pit?

In the end they let everyone through, so it probably doesn't matter.

All these obviously going from what Sky showed at the time.

Max was struggling and Lando was flying before the pitstop but he was only 10 seconds plus ahead of Max, next of all he was 30 plus. I cannot remember if it was you or someone else that said Lando was 20 seconds ahead going into the pits, if so he was cheating, you cannot make up 10 seconds like that. I don't think that is what happened, I think he was 10 seconds ahead and then the sc picked up Max and the leaders and then Lando took his stop. Meaning he was over 30 seconds ahead going into the pits. If he was 10 seconds ahead and then went into pits or sc picked him up (as the leader) he at the very least would have come out with Max just behind not an entire lap ahead. In this race it mad little difference as everyone wanted Lando to win, but say it was for the title or Hamilton did it, there would be up roar, unless, as I originally stated, I got it wrong and this happens regularly. The unfortunate thing is it was an English driver, so there will be no deep dive from Sky on it.

Danica Patrick is a bit blunt as a pundit, isn't she? Nothing really meaningful in what she says...

Don't think she is there because of her punditry skills....

• Registered Users Posts: 39,630 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I’ve no doubt she’s a nice person, but as a pundit I don’t rate her.

….

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,349 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I didn't even realise that Norris had it in him to win that race in Miami.

It was a such a great experience to see another brand new F1 Grand Prix winner go up to the top step for a change. Seeing someone go through their 1st win like that is as rare as hen's teeth. Lando carried out his win in style in his car today. It provided McLaren F1 fans with a huge amount of joy in the end.

I'm also very happy in seeing Ferrari pulling in another great rake of points for their efforts in their red & blue car yesterday.

Well done to them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Sainz got a 5 second penalty for the collission with Piastri. Dropped from 4th to 5th. Perez goung from 5th to 4th.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,227 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Not a good luck for Zak considering his outbursts about red Bull/horner

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭McFly85

Found yesterday’s race really enjoyable and absolutely delighted for Lando! It was definitely a long time coming, and was heartwarming to see practically the entire grid congratulating him.

Mainly it was nice to see the RBs not drive off into the sunset after 3 laps, McLaren showing great race pace all day, Piastri was holding his own for a while too - so it was a real shame to see his race pan out that way. Good to see Sainz get the penalty too. He’s a great driver but god he was on my nerves yesterday with his constant moaning.

The safety car incident was bizarre but I’m not sure how much difference it really made in the end, even if Lando had come out behind Max it looks like the McLaren would have been in with a shout anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭Dave0301

Brown doesn't give a feck about what has actually happened at Red Bull. He is just taking the opportunity to stick the knife in to a competitor.

It reminded me a lot of Putin in Sochi.

TV cameras didn't take too much heed, neither BBC radio or F1 TV mentioned it. Just one of those embarrassing things sponsors make you do in order to keep the money flowing in.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,695 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Ms

I am very thankful that its not possible for you or anyone to vote when the races should be so. Me I would vote for the races be at 2 or 3am in the mornings :)

Ms

Delighted for Lando may he win many more races and delighted for Piastri too may he continue to never score points in F1 ever again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,404 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Advertisement