Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

161 Skoda Octavia 1.6 diesel 110bhp a good buy

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Raichų

no it wouldn’t.
    look, I’ve known people to need clutch replaced in a year as I know people driving the same car for 12 years and never needing it done.
    if you drive around for a year riding the clutch it’s never going to last and that’s not manufacturing faults.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,396 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

one job I would certainly do is coolant flush and replace with the newer type coolant that doesn’t use the silica additive in coolant bottle (which I would also replace for the part without silica)

I’d disable start-stop too. I’ve 390k on my 2015 2.0 Octavia on its original starter and battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭earlytobed

I have a 2015 1.6 Octavia with 220K KMs for the last 5 years(140K Kms when purchased) It had a water pump/ timing belt replacement before i got it. I service it every 10K KMs and nothing other than a glowplug and the usual tyres/wipers etc has needed doing. Its a good all-rounder and I,m hanging onto it.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Kealyboy

hi sorry but if what benefit would a coolant flush have? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭BlakeS94

He's on about getting rid of the silicate coolant with the silica bag inside the coolant reservoir, it's a poor design and the bag bursts which leads to beads blocking the heater matrix.

You can get a coolant bottle without the silica bag, it's also advised to flush and change the G13 coolant for G12EVO which is what VAG are using in basically everything these days. Although you can get by with changing the G13 coolant every few years

• Advertisement
Advertisement