Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tiger The End ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Tiger is gone. Has been for a many years now. Not exciting. Nothing new. Much better players on the tour than him.

He has the legacy name though. That’s all his worth nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

I guess it's a little similar to me watching Seve hack it around in the 90s.

I hadn't seen his glory days, so was a little perplexed watching him get so much coverage on the ET whenever he infrequently teed it up.

I have seen almost every moment of Tiger's dominance, so I don't really mind seeing him quite a bit now, it doesn't detract from the coverage for me as it'd be poor whether they were showing Tiger or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 animajic

I'm in that boat of having been too young to watch Tiger in his prime, so I appreciate any time he's out there playing and I hope to see glimpses of the quality he has/had, purely because I missed out of seeing that in the dominant years. But seeing him limp around courses after a couple of days and struggling to make shots is just sad for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭BraveDonut

This…..

Pisses me off when you see footage of him getting out of a car, going to the locker room, endless range shots, etc when there is golf being played on the course that i want to see

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I believe he can do it, he can drive and play all the shots and take the birdies down.

Rust is the issue and that rust leads to too many bogeys so if he was back playing 20 events a year then maybe, just maybe…

12 events a year is a no no

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭benny79

I agree although I say he is practising a lot. You need to be competition sharp..

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭rooney30

An Open in benign conditions , burnt out course , playing hard and fast , he’ll still believe he has a chance . The other 3 majors are beyond him at this stage you’d have to think

• Registered Users Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

What’s the issue with him playing? Former champions have played for years after they stopped being relevant on tour, it is one of the benefits of being a masters winner.

His son tried to qualify for the US Open so it appears that he sees his future in golf, what an achievement that would be if they both played in the same Major.

There is also a hundred million reasons for Tiger continuing to show up at PGA Tour events, that certainly makes the pain more bearable.

And you would never know, as someone mentioned Tom Watson almost winning a major, with Tiger’s skill, mindset and the right conditions, who would be shocked if he added another one? Having said that, I very much doubt it would be a Masters, more likely to be an Open on a dry windy course.

Advertisement