Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

15k to buy sports car

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 627 CMod ✭✭✭✭LIGHTNING

ah yes nothing like says sports car like a diesel engine 😁Roll down the windows and hear that lovely clatter!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

I already have one.

I have owned quite a few 2 seater sports cars, and this one is the best.

What makes it a sports car? It goes where you put it, and it requires no thinking to do that. It has a precise gear change. It will run and pull well in a too high gear, and go like it should when the go peddle is pushed. It should only be driven with the hood down.

Also, it is the only 2 seater convertible where the hood an be raised or lowered from the driver's seat. No motor whirr, no button to press - just release the catch and push.

The ND has low consumption and so low road tax. Ticks all boxes - and is available in red.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭djan

I'd argue it's quite the sports car just with different priorities. It's a very "undiesel" like engine which with excellent performance and really suits the car with a big V8 feel to it. Definitely would recommend unless nimble handling is your priority as compared to a MX-5, it's a behemoth.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 627 CMod ✭✭✭✭LIGHTNING

Im not saying its not a good car and I'd say its pretty fast but for me a diesel engine regardless of its size doesn't really have a place in a sports car. For a BMW of its size I'd prefer a nice straight six petrol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭MarkN

Having owned a 2012 640d coupe a few years ago, it’s certainly not a sports car but it is a lovely car and a lot of car for 15k. Most were at least €115,000 new. Quick especially in a straight line and very luxurious but sports cars don’t have soft close doors for starters… :)

Haven’t done a full video on mine yet as haven’t had the time but the ND is just as much fun as my NB, maybe not as raw but I’ve driven them all except an NA and I think the ND is my overall favourite. There was an orange one for the 30th anniversary that I drove a few years ago and it was bloody brilliant fun.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

MX5

Just a word of warning - no matter how good the MX5 is, it is small and light. If you are over 6 ft 3 inch or 190cm, then an MX5 is not for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭goochy

Modern classic - Young timer. Cheap tax insurance zero depreciation and possible appreciate

Advertisement