Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bullies

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,365 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Over the years, I have found successful bosses tend to be delighted when a team member is better at the job that they themselve are because they are aware that means less work for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭dickdasr1234

I did the same with my lad (7) but made sure he practised picking his shot to the nose and go apeshit after that. Bullies like easy targets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭Musicrules

It's awful for some kids who are being bullied as there is no escape. Even when they are at home with their family because the bullies have full access to them online. I'm not sure how well schools are dealing with bullying, some probably better than others.

Your point about boards.ie is accurate in my view. There are so many posters who take delight in other people's pain and try to make it worse. And there's one mod who's definitely a bully. I'm not sure how they have got to keep their position.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

On the mod thing..being a mod on a forum in a tiny country like ireland doesn't exactly scream success so I wouldn't take them seriously. No doubt many of them would sh!t the bag if they had to be as assertive to someone face to face.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭gym_imposter

Actually loosing a fight is not failure , you at worst send a message to all in sundry that you will hit back and this both builds self esteem and garners respect

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Packrat

This is actually true although I never thought of it like that before. I got an out of the blue judo kick in the face in secondary school from an older much bigger (but in the same year) bully trying to soften me up for an arranged fight with one of his smaller mates. However the way I fought back must have hit a chord because I didn't get sh1t off any of the rest of his little gang of sad acolytes again. My mouth was in sh1t for about a week afterwards. He's a kept b1tch now and his acolytes are fat salarymen making multiples of what I do, but with no lives and fxxked up kids. I'd kick 7 colours of sh1t out of any 3 of them today, and more importantly I'm about ten times happier. They all salute and ask after me. I ignore.

Bullies are cnuts.

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command”

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

Honestly, looking back on the two main people who bullied me. One did successfully procreate in his late teens and the only thing is, I hope he raises his child to be a better person than he was, who knows. The other guy disappeared off the grid so he could be dead tbh. This was almost twenty years ago.

Honestly for me, the bullying left a huge mark on me psychologically that took me well into my twenties to resolve.(Probably still remnants there) I would have done poorly in secondary but bullying and other factors likely influenced that. But tended to get on great academically and professionally after school. So I'm glad to say, I probably got on better life wise than them.

That's all satisfying to say in retrospect but I honestly barely survived back then. I hope the situation has drastically improved in schools etc since. But the extended means of communications has likely made it more vicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,761 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

In schools now there's a lot of TALK about bullying but that's all it is.

Advertisement