Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Vandalism.

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

I had a puncture in the absolute wilds of Mayo, and someone popped out of the house I'd pulled in opposite to change the tyre to tell me there was a tyre centre down the road. Had a full sized spare so it wasn't urgent but I decided to see if they had anything in that size, didn't expect much.

Fully fitted out, two bay tyre place like you'd find in any big town, wouldn't have found it unless I was told. Car was being scrapped two weeks after (completely life expired car-van conversion) so they threw a still legal but removed for scrapping random tyre for a tenner on in case I had another flat before the car met its fate.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭Damien360

Young lad in the trade and figures the 2 easiest components to get to that will prevent it starting is crank sensor and ground wire to starter. Both easily accessible in most cars. I'll take his word for it as I don't have a clue. I would love to know what the cause is in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Isotonic1

Hi all. So I’ve got my car back. As explained it was open at the time so had access to the bonnet/engine. 4 tyre valves were snipped and just this morning the mechanics realised they nothing had been cut or no fuses taken out but two connections to the fuel pump and starter had been loosened but not disconnected so they just looked as normal. They were brilliant to deal with and didn’t charge me what they could have in labour as they were as baffled as most on here. Cost 440 in total as needed 2 new tyres as the walls were damaged even from being flat and putting on and off the tow truck. Thanks again everyone

delighted you got sorted OP. Make sure to keep car locked in future and get a dash cam!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Buffman

Glad you got sorted OP. All sounds very sinister. Make sure to update the Garda with all that extra info that they entered the car without permission and sabotaged it, so that if anything comes of it in the future it will be on file. I assume there's nothing missing from the car if they burgled it? Could they have gotten your home address from any documents inside? Can the fuel cap be opened without the key from inside and if so did the garage check the fuel to make sure it hasn't been tampered with?

You say this happened in work, was the car parked on work property? If so, you should ask them to install CCTV.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Isotonic1

Ya there was personal information in car including my wallet but no cash. I just tap these days. Licence etc but nothing taken or even touched. Set of golf clubs with 3k in boot but not moved. It was sabotage for the reason mentioned in initial post.

Advertisement