Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why are some actors treated like gods?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,173 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

• Registered Users Posts: 8,927 ✭✭✭pgj2015

I agree, then you have average singers like Taylor Swift getting treated like they are something special for some reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,927 ✭✭✭pgj2015

And the pretentious Barry Keoghan, better not forget him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭BoardsBottler

i can't really comment about taylor swift as i know little to nothing about her, but i'm guessing it could be down to PR and attention seeking based activities some celebs get up to, or things they become involved in. Alot of the time it just chalks down to sensationalism and marketting schemes.

As for swift, all i know is she has a big fanbase of mainly kids i assume or absolute consumers just like the rest, and also that she's notorious for having a high amount break ups or boyfriends or something. And either her or someone on her marketting team pretended she uses 4 chan to gain more notoriety and attempt to score internet points for her self image lol pathetic and petty.

The lengths some people go to, to stay relevant is insane. Especially when it involves attention seeking actions that end up in the news or publicity stunts, or even as far as breaking the law.

They just want the quick easy money cash grab recyclables and to up their recycling stats at your expense.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,220 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I think their sheer amount of wealth, fame and being surrounded by "yes men" and hangers on, can send a lot of them loopy. You need only look at Will Smith and his family lifestyle. The fella had a melt down, but is still treated like Holywood royalty. The spin put on it now is that he is "human" etc and seeks "forgiveness". It is a vicious circle.

I know he has only being an occasional actor, in the likes of Pirate of the Caribbean . But it is why I am very impressed at how Paul McCartney has "survived" his fame and fortune. He somehow has managed to stay grounded and relatively "normal" despite it. I am not sure many people have been successful in doing that.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Vote4Squirrels

I’d say it’s partly his working class upbringing coupled with Linda’s influence that helped. Seems a lovely man.

Advertisement