Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reporting a moderator - Raichu

Options
  • 22-03-2024 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭

Hello. I have been informed by Shield that this is the correct place to report a moderator.

I want to report the mod called @[Deleted User]. I believe their behaviour as a mod has been a disgrace and they shouldn't be in the position they're in. I know mods are volunteers on boards.ie but this doesn't mean that a blind eye should be given to private messages sent by them.

My particular incident involved being threadbanned from a thread, forgetting about it and then receiving a warning because of that. I told Raichu that I'd actually forgot all about the threadban. Raichu replied with a smart comment, I then explained why I had forgotten about it. I had just had to put down my dog, anyone who has had to similar would know how painful it is. I didn't state this to try and remove the warning or anything, just stating that my mind was all over the place. Raichu then continued to post in an obnoxious way and continued to taunt me until I told them to stop messaging me or I'd report them. They then stopped. I have the private messages if they need to be seen.

Now, although it was upsetting to receive messages like those sent by Raichu, I was able to handle it. But what if a poster is in a vulnerable state and Raichu sends horrible messages to them? No one should have to put up with that. I understand that it's not easy being a moderator of a forum like boards.ie but that's not an excuse for bad behaviour.

I personally haven't been a great poster, I have received plenty of warnings, I will note that most were after this incident with Raichu as I was disgusted. But that's not an excuse. This should be irrelevant to looking into Raichu's behaviour though. I don't care if I ever post on boards.ie again, I believe firmly that abuse online can cause serious harm and I have witnessed it. I have also received messages from others who have been on the receiving end of Raichu's poor behaviour.

Please look into their messages and how they conduct themselves with an open mind. I wouldn't post this thread unless I thought it was serious. Thanks.

Post edited by Big Bag of Chips on

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,662 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Moderator:

Only the OP, the moderator in question, CMods and admins may post in this thread. Any posts from other users will be deleted without notification.

-Shield

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Musicrules

Hello,

I'm just adding some information to this thread. It seems that I'm not the only one who has been on the receiving end of the mod Raichu's poor behaviour. I have been given permission by user @AndrewJRenko to link the thread below:

I believe Andrew has had 2 warnings overturned that were given by Raichu. Raichu appears to like targeting certain people. I have received other messages from other posters also in relation to Raichu's behaviour.

I have outlined the reasons I think Raichu shouldn't be in the position they're in. There could be vulnerable posters who become a target for them. But it's not just me, it's not just 1 poster who you can right off as being a crank. I'd be fairly certain you have received other negative feedback in relation to this mod. As I have said, I don't care if I never post on boards.ie again, I just feel strongly that someone such as Raichu shouldn't be in the position they're in on a popular forum such as boards.ie.

Thanks for reading,

Musicrules.

musicrules, I never mistreated you in the slightest. In fact I have on a few occasions left you alone for someone else to deal with shortly after you formed the opinion I was “out to get you”.

I’ve had a handful of interactions with you for breaching Threadbans and otherwise trolling. In response to a forum ban for violating a threadban you claimed to have “forgotten” because your dog died the day before. In fact, the way you put it was

I actually forgot because a lot has happened in the past week including having to watch my dog die so I didn't really take notice of what I was posting 

I’ll take that for what it is and that being an attempt to manipulate me into reversing my decision. The fact of the matter is I don’t believe you for one second because your history across the site is a disgrace. You’ve admitted this yourself. Do you think we haven’t all heard the stories?

Beyond that you took it upon yourself, dealt with by another AH mod, to take pot shots and level abuse towards me. You went to threads I frequent (ones you had never otherwise posted in), to celebrate “abandoning” your wife and kids, make horrendous comments and take the absolute piss. Between myself and Seph you have 6 warnings within a few weeks for trolling and various other infractions.

in fact— when you began to take pot shots and try to abuse me on threads, which I otherwise ignored, I reached out via PM to ask you what exactly your problem is and you ignored me. So you’re not looking for a resolution you’re looking for a fight. I’m not going to give you that.

Your posting history has and continues to be a disgrace across AH and the site as a whole. You can post whatever DRP you want I never treated you poorly or indeed ever insulted you. I simply made it clear your sob stories don’t excuse your trolling. You disputed all warnings and bans I issued and not one of them was overturned by Ten of Swords upon review.

I’m not the problem here musicrules. But nevertheless I’ll forward this thread to the admins immediately and allow them to review it when they have time and form their own decision. I’ll forward all PM exchanges alongside it.

I’ve done my level best to ignore you and your carry on but this is gone past a joke at this stage.

This is an absolute disgrace. No one has reviewed this thread, everyone else is barred from posting here and then the mod I'm reporting gets to come in and post absolute lies. Why are they allowed to do that?

I never tried to manipulate you into reversing a thread ban, if fact I said I couldn't care less about the threadban. The quote you inserted above was just saying why my mind wasn't exactly thinking about where I had been threadbanned. I went on to say that I was just posting and doing other things to get my mind off how horrible that week had been.

How dare you accuse me of making it up! The absolute nerve of it. Just like then when I had to say I'd report you unless you stopped messaging me, you're again posting in a horrible way above. You may not know what it's like to lose a pet who's been like a family member or friend for over a decade but I can tell you it's painful, especially having to hold them as they're being put down. I'm absolutely fuming with your post above.

You want to go into my bad record which happened after your disgusting behaviour towards me but how about we go through some of your record. Multiple posters have private messaged me to say they agree fully with me and you are continuously awful to deal with as a mod. They are banned from posting here and won't because they'll get warned. There's a thread ongoing in the feedback forum and numerous references have been made about a mod who people refuse to engage with and don't bother appealing their unfair bans. Guess what? They are referring to you! You are the problem here. Your posting style is horrendous and you are hated as a mod.

Admins, if you're reviewing this. You can ban me if you want, I don't care but don't let this horrible person continue as a mod. I have words that I'm not going to use to describe them but it takes a certain kind of person to continually goad someone else when they know they've lost something so important to them.

I did not say you made it up. I said I’ve heard all sorts of stories in my time and I don’t believe yours.

If you give permission I am more than happy to post our PM thread here provided that’s acceptable to local mods? I’m not sure if that’s allowed outside of DRP though.

I’ve got nothing to hide here.

But are you going to address your abusive comments towards me that another mod dealt with? You seem to fixate on what I said to you but you’re not willing to mention the sort of rubbish you posted at me?

What about when I said

nap?

Yeah, that’s what I meant..

to which you replied;

Not sure why you're talking about masterbation here, nevermind giving us details on how long you do it. 🤢

knowing full well that’s not even remotely close to what I meant and didn’t even make any sense in context to what I was replying to on the Wherer’s thread. Anything to say about that?

Or how about when I warned you for replying to a poster to tell them how you met their wife and they’re “very flexible”. Anything about that musicrules?

I’m of course free to reply to you, but you may have noticed I have left you alone waiting to see if another mod or admin would address your complaint. You decided to follow up with an irrelevant DRP accusing me of “targeting” certain users so I will of course defend myself against that attack.

I’d like to hear your defence of the above, that’s just two examples I can dig up some more if you want?

• Advertisement

Here are the things you said you liar:

"In response to a forum ban for violating a threadban you claimed to have “forgotten” because your dog died the day before. In fact, the way you put it was

I actually forgot because a lot has happened in the past week including having to watch my dog die so I didn't really take notice of what I was posting 

I’ll take that for what it is and that being an attempt to manipulate me into reversing my decision. The fact of the matter is I don’t believe you for one second because your history across the site is a disgrace. You’ve admitted this yourself. Do you think we haven’t all heard the stories?"

"I simply made it clear your sob stories don’t excuse your trolling."

So you think insinuating that I was lying is any better? You think putting forgotten in quote marks and using phrases like sob stories are the acts of a decent person? You are a disgusting human being. Like before, do not respond to me again. I will post the private message exchange. Admins, do not brush this off as a sob story like this (again, I'm not going to post the words I want to use) is trying to do. They are a disgrace and they have a history of awful behaviour towards posters.

I'm not defending anything, all that came after your disgusting behaviour and again you're trying to goad instead of facing up to your disgusting post. Do not respond to me again.

Musicrules until and unless you address the comments you made above I have nothing further to add.

You’re a troll and a waste of mod resources in my opinion, so no I don’t buy your sob story.

You were threadbanned from a thread for abusing a poster, you then a few days or so later went BACK to the thread and abused ANOTHER poster. When banned you made an attempt to excuse yourself with a story about your dog. Do you seriously think I haven’t heard it all before? If you were in any capacity a genuine poster I’d have taken that into consideration.

you are simply just a troll. That’s been demonstrated numerous times. Your record on the site is shocking and in AH it’s a disgrace. You’ve occupied more mod time than any other user I can think of in the forum and rather than accept your own poor behaviour you try to blame me.

I’m not the problem here buddy.

Edit; as for your demand not to reply to you anymore that’s not going to happen when you’re trying to assert I’ve abused you when I haven’t. Just not going to happen.

Reported. I won't be engaging with a horrible person like you. Here is the PM exchange, as you can see, I clearly said it wasn't anything to do with trying to overturn a ban but the goading and obnoxious style of posting continued from them until I told them I'd report them for harassment:

• Raichu November 2023

You are being warned for the following post:

I threadbanned you already, for ignoring it I’m applying a forum ban.

It’s bad enough to ignore the threadban, but to ignore it only to post in a fashion similar to what caused you to be in the first place is astounding.

You are banned for 7 days from After Hours.

• Musicrules November 2023

I actually completely forgot I was threadbanned!

• Raichu November 2023

Well, now you won’t forget!

I actually forgot because a lot has happened in the past week including having to watch my dog die so I didn't really take notice of what I was posting as I'm trying to get my mind off that but you're a great lad for reminding me that you banned me. Give yourself a pat on the back.

• Raichu November 2023

will do.

You must be so proud of yourself

• Raichu November 2023

Look I’m not going to keep going back and forth with you.

Are you continuing to message me to challenge the ban or are you just going to attempt to guilt me into reversing it? That won’t work, sorry, but it’s not the first person who’s lost an aunt, cat, or parrot after being banned. I’ve heard that excuse before, it’s not good enough, do you understand?

If you wish to contest your ban we can continue to discuss but if you are accepting it then we are moving on.

Can you let me know your intentions so we can wrap up this nonsense because it is swiftly become a massive waste of both our time.

I couldn't give a **** about the ban. Just pointing out what kind of person you are. You don't know what's going on in posters personal lives but still enjoy getting a kick out of being obnoxious to them. Wrap this up and get back to your power tripping.

• Raichu November 2023

Yeah, okay, well let’s get something perfectly clear;

you are not above the rules of this forum. You are showing to be more trouble than you’re worth and if you continue to attempt to abuse me via PM as well as escalating this to admins I will permanently ban you from After Hours.

You were threadbanned, you ignored it and posted in a similar fashion to get threadbanned to begin with. Now you’re crying to me about your dog dying and how you’re only posting to distract yourself.

I don’t care what your excuse is. You have broken the rules, disrespected my warning and abused me via PM.

I will not tolerate it from you or anyone else.

Raichu

Give yourself another pat on the back. Stop messaging me or I'll report you for harassment.

• Administrators Posts: 13,778 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

I would ask both of you to stop posting now.

Name calling and digs is not doing either of you any favours.

If someone wants to look at this complaint they will ask for a copy of the PM exchanges. Until then neither of you should post anything that was sent via PM.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,403 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Hi Musicrules,

I realize you opened this thread a week ago and I'm only getting to it now so you have my apologies. I will look at this today but I want to be clear about what I can do and what I can't do.

I will look through the communications you and Raichu exchanged, you detailed them in your previous threadban challenge. I will review and decide if the communication was inappropriate or breached any guidelines.

For clarity - as a CMod I am not in a position to de-mod anyone, if it comes to that. That would go to an admin with commentary from myself and ancapailldorcha (as the 2 CMods of the Soc & Fun category)

Let me review the PMs and speak to Raichu, I will get back to you shortly.

Kind regards

All of this was previously addressed in DRP by Ten of Swords who told you there was nothing to deal with there as I understand.

Are you now claiming your following me around the site to abuse me at any chance you got was justified based on a single exchange?

What about when I PM’d you to discuss your issue with me and you ignored me? Why did you ignore me exactly? You seem to want a resolution but refuse to work on one.

• Administrators Posts: 13,778 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

Locking this thread to allow it to be reviewed.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,662 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Moderator:

Hello again.

I have read your posts here, and I would like to clear up one or two things, if I may.

First of all, I am sorry your pet has died. I completely understand that they are more or less family, and losing one is tough to get over, particularly when you are present when he/she is euthanised. That takes courage and I respect that.

It is standard practice to restrict complaints about specific moderators to just the complainant, the moderator in question, that moderator’s senior (a Category Moderator, or CMod for short), and then admins. This is prevent a pile-on from occurring and to keep the replies focussed on the complaint’s grievance(s).

Other users are free to make their own complaints in separate discussions should they want to. Otherwise, and this is from decades of learning, people will chime in with their gripe, and then make all sorts of “mods are biased” claims when 5 more users who wanted to have a dig all get their posts deleted. If you put yourself in the shoes of someone who has just received a complaint, I believe the last thing you would want would be another user getting a dig in, then another, and so on. We want everyone to be treated fairly during the complaint process; both complainant (you) and the respondent (Raichu).

If you believe continuing to talk with Raichu is not yielding progress or talks have broken down, then you have the right to ask a CMod to review what has happened, and allow some time for them to review the background of your complaint.

If you still remain unhappy, you can appeal to a site administrator who reviews things from day one and then gets back to you with their final decision.

If you wish to discuss these rules or any aspect of the process outlined, please feel free to drop me a PM.

-Shield.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement