Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Resolved] AndrewJRenko disputing a warning in AH

Options
  • 07-12-2023 9:58pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,079 CMod ✭✭✭✭

A thread for AndrewJRenko disputing a warning in AH

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,424 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Thanks Spear.

I want to dispute the warning I got from Raichu for this fairly mild post.

I have some previous history with this mod, detailed here;

My reply was in the context of the other poster bringing up the suggestion of 'asking Mom', so I turned that suggestion back at them. It wasn't aggressive, and I've confirmed with the poster in question that they weren't offended by it.

Raichu gave me a warning and a two week ban from AH, in what I can only describe as a fairly aggressive message to me. I can share details of his PM here or privately. It's hard to see anything in that post that justifies either of these.

I replied to his warning asking for clarification, referring to the context of Packrat's original post and indeed comparing to Raichu's own post in the same thread. I got no response.

I'd appreciate a review of this.

Andrew.

Post edited by AndrewJRenko on

• Administrators Posts: 53,386 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

adding @ancapailldorcha as cmod.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,280 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Here!

Andrew, can you share the exchange with Raichu either here or privately, whichever best suits?

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

[Deleted User]

• Maybe try not being a dick when commenting in future? Honestly this is become enough of a problem with you I think you need a little holiday. 
    • 2 week AH ban. You’ll be back in time for Christmas, but I advise you to study the charter and revise your posting style upon your return or Santa will leave a permanent ban in your stocking this year.
    • AndrewJRenko December 6
    • You did see the context of the post I was replying to, right?
    • It would be helpful to understand the difference in acceptability between my post and "wallets are for squares OP.. you’re not a square are you? Cos if you are I’ll have to ask you to leave immediately."

The quoted bit in my post is from Raichu's own post in that thread.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,280 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Hi Andrew,

Is that the entirety of the exchange?

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement

Yes, I got no reply to my request for clarification

Hi Andrew,

I've reviewed this and decided against the ban. I'll lift it once I post this comment. However, the reason I am lifting it is that while the moderator was right to sanction you, a two week ban was too big a jump. An infraction or a one day ban would have been fully justified IMO.

I advise you to reconsider your posting style as you've received a few warnings lately and the next step will be a ban if you continue posting as you are.

H. H. Asquith

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,657 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Mod: Dispute resolved as per the above exchange.

Discussion closed.

-Shield

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement