Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wales v Italy 2024 6N

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭irelandrover

The best thing you can say about Wales is that their lineout hasn't been awful.

Their scrum is being dominated. Their attacking play is nonexistant. Their handling is embarrassing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Two teams meeting each other with opposite trajectories: Italy probably should be ahead by more, Wales more in this than they deserve to be. Italy's upwards curve brings cheer but watching Welsh rugby is such a depressing exercise these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,674 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Just seen that this is the fourth half of rugby in this tournament where Wales have scored 0 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Wales are still in this on the scoreboard. Italy should be more ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭Ben Bailey

Wales need a huge 2nd half, similar to the Scotland game.

It looks like Gatland has lost the dressing room. Wales have enough very good players to go out & play. Maybe not win, but at least play.

Italy need to keep pushing at the scoreboard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,259 ✭✭✭standardg60

I thought the same, there were two pens there that I thought should have gone the other way.

North's one, he was still on his knees so how is there then a legitimate tackle on him that he needs to release from?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,938 ✭✭✭fitz

Cracking try.

What a try.

Great pull back try and hands to put Panni through and a great run to finish it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,007 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Wonderful quality second try by Italy. Wales torn apart.

Conversion goes over, 18-0.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Shehal

That's more like it, Great try! Think that seals the wooden spoon for Wales anyway weather they come back or not.

• Advertisement

North is on the ground and must release the ball. Lamora is on his feet and has hands on the ball.

Penalty against North for not releasing.

I feel for Costelow. Thrown into highest pressure position on the pitch, in a side that's frankly just not good, and he's floundering.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,004 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

No, you don't, this is a persistent myth. Nigel Owens is actually commenting on BBC and corrected one of the other commentators on this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,689 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Hope Italy can go on and keep improving and not a false dawn.

Fantastic talent at U20 level

Hopefully he'll come through this nightmare stronger.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Sad end to George North fantastic career.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,799 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I don't.

Nothing against the lad in particular, but I'm thoroughly enjoying the Welsh rugby chickens coming home to roost, and its all the more delightful that Gatland is in charge.

In fairness, the Welsh crowd are still roaring them on.

If only their players had such belief.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭swiwi_

If the 6N had promotion/demotion we might be talking about warren g and relegate.

Wales belong in the Rugby Europe Championship.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,004 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

The Italian centres really are outstanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,007 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

That's a horrible collision. It's accidental to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭This is it

Good to know! You often see full backs chased down after sliding for the ball and the chaser allows them up before hitting them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,131 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Both of them should be off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

Good refereeing there

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

What the absolute hell. Both of those players need to be off. HIA protocol simply doesn't work if this is allowed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Lucky for Italy there he’s not injured. No pani no gani.

Completely accidental head contact I think. Bouncing ball that both were going for and the Italian was player was even passive when he 'tackled' the Welsh player.

Advertisement