Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW29 transfer thread

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭ForestFire

Anyway here is my current FH setup

Going with the Forest Differential 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Took -4 to get me up to 7 players but only one defender. Don't see many clean sheets this week

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

Absolutely do your own thing and don’t be swayed. If you feel they’ll get a clean sheet then go for it. The only satisfaction this game offers is doing your own thing and owning it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,674 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

id probably play Doughty for his attacking ability if nothing else.

do you start Watkins and then having playing sub - he’ll likely start or not play you’d think

edit to add I like the idea of Forrest attacker but the one you picked isn’t started the last few games - any reason why?

Yeah I'll probably go Doughty instead of Robinson, but don't like the idea of points for him just yet (But I'm biased of course).

Watkins I'm not sure yet...

Forest Striker is an interesting one. Awoniyi is clearly our best striker, but recently back from injury and not fully up to speed/sharpness

The other options are, Wood who is also just back from injury, and Orgi (Slow start at forest but improving)

Our last game against Brighton, no one could understand the team selection, all pace removed and a bit defensive.

I'm hoping it was to rest players for Luton and trying to frustrate Brighton into a draw.

Luton also played midweek, in what must be a huge deflationary result.

But Forest Being Forest and very generous to struggling teams and don't like 6 pointers!!

The deadline is 13:30 tomorrow, so will have a bit more time to adjust after getting some team news.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,168 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Half thinking of going for a Spurs player instead of Watkins and banking on Fulham scoring so no Spurs defender. CS are overrated anyways!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,470 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

At the overthinking stage now. Dithering between 3-5-2 and 3-4-3. Feel like a few 50/50 decisions will decide the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭sheroman01

So I have 10 players but that includes Watkins and Richy, on a -4. Could maybe get 11 players with a -8 but don’t see anyone strong enough to bring in that’ll haul.

Areloa

Doughty - Porro - Taylor

Son - Bowen - Richarlison(inj) 

Morris - Toney - Watkins (inj)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Maddison is apparently nursing a minor injury, though he will still play.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,597 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Going with this lot on a -4.... expecting/hoping for smallish red arrows.

Moreno and Reguillon could miss out I guess 😬.... Haaland is my main differential this week 😉

Had never planned using the Free Hit this week....think there might be more of an upside in a few weeks time 🤷

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Is Richarlison>Maddison for a -4 a bit mad?

Really not sure about this FH - it could go great but equally could go horrible, defensively you know there are going to be 1/2 players who score 10+ points and then a rake of players who only get a point.

Son, Bowen, Toney, Watkins are probably if every team regardless if FH or not, but it's after that which is tricky, triple up on Spurs attack and go with Maddison/Johnson, or is it better to bring in say Porro.

Would you go with Kudus after his midweek brace, or best stick with Bowen on his own, what about Forrest - playing against a very open Luton

There's also no real home captain you want to pick.

Very quiet in here with the deadline just closing

Reguilon starts

Boring enough...

Flekken

Porro Doughty Reguilon

Son(c) Maddison Bowen Elanga

Toney Morris Watkins

Martinez Paqueta Williams Konsa

Had last minute doubts about Elanga and was going to put MGW in instead but was too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭COH

Also boring enough...

Flekken

Porro - Reguillon - Doughty

Son (c) - Bowen - Maddison - Kudus

Toney - Watkins - Morris

[ Kaminski - Luiz - Cash - Coufal ]

• Registered Users Posts: 9,597 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Great stuff...had a few weeks and he's been rubbish so not expecting more than a 2 pointer at best

I went with Kulusevski as my differential so I’m delighted he hasn’t been mentioned on social media.

Also went with double Forest and double Brentford defence as a bit of a differential.

Just takes a few content creators to mention one guy and you miss out on having a differential. That’s the way of FPL now it seems.

Sels

Williams - Ajer - Reguilon

Son - Maddison - Kulusevski - Bowen - MGW

Toney (c) - Watkins

• Advertisement

It think Wissa could have been a decent differential has 3 in his last 3 games, but I too went with double Brentford defence so couldn't bring him in. My team is a little different to the template though.

Sels

Reguilón, Roerslev, Doughty,

Johnson, Son (c), Maddisson, Bowen, Kudus,

Toney, Watkins

Trafford, Muinz, Cash, Murillo

Yeah I wanted Wissa too, think he will do well but hard to squeeze everyone in. Like the Johnson pick.

I see Traford has been dropped, needless to say i was rushing to check if Sels starts but thankfully he does

• Registered Users Posts: 7,653 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

No Awoniyi for Forest today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭crushproof

Took punts on Johnson, Elanga and Wood. Way behind in ML so of course I'm pessimistic and expecting them to deliver nothing today...

After all my talk of checking team news before 13.30, completely forgot.

Also never picked a captain and had to check here who it is.

Tony not too bad but probably would have picked Son or elanga I think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

Wrong thread

Advertisement