Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW29 transfer thread

Options
  • 12-03-2024 1:11pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Toney in for EBH, will be a rest of season keeper after looking at their fixtures.

Will wc EBH back in for GW31.

Post edited by F1ngers on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,163 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

FH but tempted to use one of the spots on a BGW player, just for the first autosub messing as my main rival in a ML does not have FH.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,666 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

If a match got cancelled or a player injured and you ended up with 10 that would be just lol

On a more serious note, I was actually looking to go with Muniz as a differential forward.

But this report is saying that Fulham owe Chelsea £4m if Broja doesn't start. Fulham don't tend to start 2 strikers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,523 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

You would imagine it would be the other way around that Fulham would have to pay Chelsea more if Broja played a lot of games (as it would be an indication that his loan spell was a success.

Roughly speaking what type of teams are people on FH chip putting together?

I only have Martinez (Gk) with West Ham away, Son away to Fulham and Watkins away at West Ham in my current squad eligible for this GW.

Given they are playing Burnley I'm thinking Toney as captain pick,and probably bring in Wissa too. Maybe likes of Bowen and Douglas Luiz for West Ham v Villa game.

Hard to know who to get defenders from as none of the sides are really favoured to have a clean sheet imo.

Maybe Porro and Udogie from Spurs in hope of attacking returns v Fulham and Doughty from Luton for possible attacking returns v Bournemouth away.

There's my two cents worth!😉

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭MercuryBoy

I have 5 players playing in Gw29, really can't decide whether the FH is a good idea or not, I've a feeling it'll be a low scoring week TBH

I think some clubs include a 'fine' if players don't play enough games while on loan, so that the loan player actually plays while on loan rather than being a bench player. It's an incentive to have them play more. It's more beneficial for the selling club if the loan player plays more, as it helps their development and potential sell-on fee.

I know that when Liverpool loan youth/younger players, they sometimes include a clause that the club pays a lower contribution to their wages if they play more minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Yeah Right

Question re: Free Hit

Does your team revert back to the team that finished the previous GW or does it revert back to the team as it was right before you activated the FH chip?

So, I've made 2 FT since the weekend and intend on playing the chip, but haven't yet. If I do, will my team go back to the team as it was on Sunday, or will it include those two transfers I've made?

Edit:

After playing your Free Hit chip, at the next deadline your bank balance and squad is restored to as they were at the previous deadline, with any player price changes in the previous gameweek reflected.

Any change to your bank balance whilst the Free Hit chip was active will be lost.

From the FAQ

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

If you look at your team in the "points" tab, that is the team you revert back to.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Yeah Right

Yeah, thanks. Pretty annoying that you end up losing one of your free transfers, essentially. Not to worry.

Yea I think basically every FH team will have

Doughty, Son, Maddison, Luiz, Bowen, Toney, Watkins

It's then whether you got 5 in midfield or gamble on third striker.

Defensively - would Brentford be the most likely to keep a CS?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

Will field 9 with a -4, Saka & Estupinan to Porro & Maddison, seems a no-brainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭mobydopy

Watkins gone off injured in the Ajax game

That's not good

• Registered Users Posts: 8,098 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Non-FH planned myself but looking a bit messy now with Richarlison and Watkins big injury doubts.

Had a look forwrd to DGW34 where I was planning on FH'ing, looks an ugly set of fixtures, doubles for Bournemouth, Everton, Palace and Sheffield United, not sure there's many I want from that worthy of FH.

Beginning to think this week is the best for a FH afterall. Probably would ahve done different transfers the past 4/5 weeks if I'd figured that out earlier but that's a sunk cost now anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

All the talk is that Watkins will play.

Seemingly it’s a cut he has and that can be played through.

Watkins being injured would be a real kick in the teeth to non-FHers and brilliant for FHers as he would be back for GW30 anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 jocombo

Yeah, Watkins should play if its just a cut and the international break coming up. I've gambled on a triple luton defence FH and hope for a clean sheet

• Advertisement

Did i read that right, your gambling on a team that shipped 4 goals last weekend in what is arguably their biggest game of the season, and that of their opponents, if Forrest win they would take a giant step towards safety. They've conceded 16 goals in the last 5 games. There is gambling and then there is that

• Registered Users Posts: 22,457 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

If you going to go for a defensive triple up, probably best not to go for the worst option.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭COH

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Deliberated it for the day but went Free Hit in the end, was likely down to 6 and can't see where I'm going to want to FH in the future, GW34 looks ugly and it's easy to build to a BB in GW37 with all the big teams likly doubling. For this week it's basically attack the players playing Fulham and Burnley, and the bigget names after that

Flekken

Porro - Collins - Dougherty

Son - Maddison - Kudus - Bowen

Watkins - Toney - Morris

CHO is first sub if Watkins doesn't make it.

Bench of.... Kaminski CHO Emerson Moreno

• Registered Users Posts: 24 jocombo

Haha. I can't see any clean sheets this gameweek tbh so it probably doesn't really matter. Bookies have them as good as chance as any of the rest (almost!)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

I assume the only reason your picking Collins because he's Irish as he been terrible! One of the WBs would be better imo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

The Watkins situation is a pain. Had planned to do Foden and Solanke to Maddison and Watkins for free and save the FH. Wonder if it’s worth bringing Watkins in and running the risk of only having 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,083 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

Using FH this week. Didn't plan for the blank at all. Also noticed a few in my leagues have used their FH already.

I think captain choice will be a tricky one this week. Son will probably be favourite with Watkins carrying an injury, but I've never had a good Spurs captain result.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I share the same thoughts as you regarding DGW34 not looking very enticing. That coupled with Richarlison and Watkins injuries. With them playing, I have 8 player + FT, which is absolutely grand, however without them I have 6 which is not so great!

I still have the main players you'd need this GW, which is swaying me towards saving my FH. My team below, with Toney coming in with my FT.

Areloa

Doughty - Porro - Taylor

Son - Bowen - Richarlison(?)

Watkins (?) Toney

Think I'll also do -4 for Gibbs-White. Maybe a -8 for Muniz/Morris/Luiz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭ForestFire

Haaa Haaa Ha ha ha ha ha ha... triple clean sheet 🤣🤣🤣...Thats a good one......

Wait...wait.... who am I kidding...your are probably right🤐😧😟

Advertisement