Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now 70s gone

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

If I get the right weather will give it ago over weekend, will let you know.

Signal on Now 70, nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭swoofer

the best way is to select the channel that sky signal gizmo is no good, you need to get sound and picture.

with the Zgemma h2h you could use signal finder and that would show when you had a signal. is there anything near you that could cause interference on that frequency? electric overhead wires

where are you located roughly.

I just checked that channel and its 13 db even in rain.

Tomorrow is better weather.

I dont know how expert you are but if you change the skin on the zgemma h2h to the metrix hd one it gives a better read out of signal when you press OK.

Post edited by swoofer on

At one time I did have Now 70/80, but I'm hoping the dish has slightly moved with bad weather we have been having, nothing changed in line of view. We are out in the country, must admit the dish itself has seen better days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭swoofer

With an old sky dish what can happen is that the support bracket can tilt down and that can cause grief but its hardly noticeable, hence me saying tip up the arm. Also focal length has to be correct and that is the distance from the front of the lnb to dish face, then the elevation of the dish its about 21/22 in ireland. and you have the skew. Finally you have to make sure when you make the cable that no outer braid is touching the inner core and that the inner core is the correct length. Get all that right and your good to go.😉

If you are changing dish get a triax 68cm.

• Advertisement

Just needed to adjust the dish a little, Now 70/80 back, thanks for help.

Advertisement