Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Japanese society's attitude to women and immigration.

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,728 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

You can say that again. Not only that, but you can be born in Japan, do all your schooling there, be totally fluent in the language and culture, get a job, and you still don't have a right to citizenship. Like this woman.

It's a very interesting and informative watch as well as being amusing given how tall she is. The fates really threw her a basket of curve balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,728 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I remember one news story from a few years ago. A Japanese couple threw their daughter off the top of their apartment block because she had formed a relationship with a foreigner.

Ireland is scarcly better. I rented some land in Connemara to someone from a different part of Connemara. Locals got upset at the foreigner in their midsts and put several dogs over the fence, which then went and attacked his sheep and lambs. Many were torn to pieces yet were still alive and he had to euthanase them. 54 sheep and lambs were slaughtered.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭gym_imposter

Apparently ( or so I've heard a good few times) other nations in the region ( Chinese , Koreans etc ) view Japanese as quite snobby, they also view them as extremely inflexible business wise

Heard westerners say it's far easier do business with Chinese than Japanese as the Japanese are so rigidly formal , I guess standards are higher in Japan than china when it comes to product's

Are the Japanese the Swiss of the far east ?

Advertisement