Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2024 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,898 ✭✭✭Storm 10

So much for sunny spells in the West according to ME thus morning, dull total cloud cover temp 13 degrees feels chilly, they really called this one completely wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭Dazler97

I hope over summer we will get plenty of thunderstorms last year for me in carrick on shannon I had 11 thunderstorm days with 7 back to back the most I've expected in a row in this country, I'm also not giving up on our record temperature being beaten (33.3c ) I don't want it beaten by 0.1c hopefully it hits 35c but we would need winds to swing up from the right heat direction, if the UK can get 40c we can get up to 35c

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Turned into a lovely day in Cork, really pleasant!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

the problem with beating 33.3C is wind, we are a small island and onshore sea breezes particularly from the Irish sea usually prevents us from beating this or too much cloud bubbling up or a mixture of both. I'm sure we will beat this record eventually but it's a very difficult target to beat even under the most perfect of conditions mid July. Another problem we have is we have about 1000km of sea to our south vs the UK which has a small channel dividing it from the European continent.

We would need a direct hit Spanish plume with uppers above +20C and for the winds to be offshore and barely any clouds in the sky from sunrise to sunset and that is a huge list of ingredients for us to achieve the target. We would probably also need a week of dry conditions beforehand to dry out the ground giving us a better chance of achieving this goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Grey grey grey. Nothing but grey forecast for Dublin. Are there many places in the world with less sunshine than here? Scotland? Parts of Norway?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭pureza

Beautiful Evening in Arklow now,some late sunshine as it starts to set and a lot of blue sky

Well,Hello Summer

Absolutely beautiful morning here in South Wicklow

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Ditto in Greystones. Nice to see the sun after a couple of overcast/grey days!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,159 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

smashing start to the morning in south Dublin. Beautiful blue Sky’s and a hint of warm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,813 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Promising looking morning in West Clare, there was dense fog earlier

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 7,131 ✭✭✭pad199207

Fantastic morning in N Kildare. Cuckoos are out giving it socks.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Very pleasant here in Kerry if a bit cloudy with the sun coming in and out, warm in the sun and cool in the shade. but will gladly take it. Currently hovering around 13C

• Registered Users Posts: 6,909 ✭✭✭pauldry

Cloudy bright and 13c in Sligo. Like what you'd expect in May.

Less than 10mm of rain promised here for the next 10 days. 5mm so far for May so finally a drier than normal month could happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Pretty meh today in Cork unfortunately, cloudy and that cool breeze is back. Hopefully tomorrow is better.

Omg look at the swirl :o stunning on satellite 🛰

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Not overly warm.…13.8c atm.…but a beautiful day in Greystones and feeling warm in the sun.

Bit of a Ukraine vibe to the day!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

A glorious day here in Meath, unbroken sunshine and feeling warm in that sun, everyone in t-shirts. A taste of early summer or late Spring!. Temperature 17C. A huge change from yesterday.

16.4c in Arklow despite the NE seabreeze

Gloriously sunny but can see the cloud bank to the south looking towards wexford behind the tree

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭appledrop

What a difference a day makes, 24 little hours.…

From wolly hats yesterday to sunglasses, sundress and barbecue today, yipeeee😎.

This is absolutely glorious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,937 ✭✭✭OldRio

Overcast and 14C. Dissapointing but no rain.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Turned into a great day here in Kerry, got up to 15.7C and currently 13.8C, good breeze here by the coast, but grand with a couple of layers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Stunning in Wicklow today. Some lovely trail walking and enjoying evening warmth and bright now.

15⁰ Meath

• Registered Users Posts: 8,768 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Glorious day in Galway. We've been lucky with the weekend weather since Easter for the most part. I didn't expect so much sun and heat today.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

just what the doctor ordered, RTE weather was telling me it would be cloudy all day up until yesterday, so thanks jesus or whoever did this!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭McGrath5

what a day, sun trap at the end of the garden and there was some serious heat to be had.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Hairypoppins

Stunning here in Dublin too ,to think a day or 2 ago you were battening down the hatches for a bank Holiday wash-out

• Registered Users Posts: 5,937 ✭✭✭OldRio

Drizzle with heavy cloud. Hope to goodness this improves.

Leitrim

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Calm, very still, mild & humid with hazy sunshine in Limk City this morning. 13c. (Tiny hint of summer in the air)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,898 ✭✭✭Storm 10

12 degrees in Galway total grey sky

Advertisement