Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

EV Charging with no driveway

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

The trough idea is fine if you can get permission to cut into the pathway. We have seen on here many a time where EV owners or those wanting to go EV are ignored or refused by the OMC to install a charge point solution, be it pedestal, or gutter. The council are no better.

It's worth a try of course. Here are a couple of examples.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Some nice installations there, once you can park your car where you want to it would work well. And permissions of course as you stated.

With OMCs once the board realise their house value could increase with EV charging capabilities some solutions will materialise

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭berrecka

Thanks everyone for the suggestions and input. I think we have come to the same conclusion as most here, and having visited a few garages over the weekend, have decided that we are not in a position to go for an EV just yet. Hopefully down the road between community chargers and other safe kerbside personal solutions and improved network, as well as hopefully a drop in price of the things in general, our next car may well be a full electric. We will invest in a 2nd hand self charge hybrid for now. If it lasts as long as our last car did, we will probably be on hoverboards for the next purchase!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,641 ✭✭✭✭josip

I'd be with Ghost on this one. Although you would be possibly liable in case anyone tried to make a claim against you, the key point for me is that you said you live in a quiet cul de sac. You probably know nearly everyone passing by your house. Have a word with your downstream neighbours and discuss whatever solution you planned with them in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

And yet shops and companies and offices have things like power-washing services and drain cleaners and similar, all the time, and manage perfectly well for the couple of hours they're in use with cable runners and hose covers and even just cones, without people tripping or suing. (Source: I work in a city.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,393 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Always easier to ask forgiveness than permission too.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Steveraf

Is it constantly busy? Say 8am Sunday morning for example? Tesla really need to step up and have at least one more station in Dublin.

Advertisement