Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DAA hiring Airport Police Officers 👮‍♂️

Options
  • 23-02-2024 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

More information can be found on DAA website (career opportunities). Closing date 26th February.

Anyone know what the starting salary would be or anyone know someone who already works here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭TestLink

Starting Salary of €33,112.86. Permanent role with full access to an excellent company pension scheme. Contract will be 35-40 hours, you will be guaranteed minimum 35 hours but must be available work up to 40 hours weekly across a 24/7 roster.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭lcstress2012

Where did you see this salary advertised?

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭lcstress2012

This is salary for ASU security officers! I’m looking for airport police if you look at the title!

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭TestLink

GlassDoor also mentions the salary in this range. But I dont understand why they not mention the slary in the job advertisement!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

That seems to be a DAA thing. A cynic might think it’s intentional because most people would balk at the advertised salary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Get Real

And the cynic in me thinks it's intentional because the salary is very good and it's a fairly closed shop type thing. No big public information campaign/media articles like there was for ASU recruitment. Simply because it's a very desirable number and there's no shortage of internal candidates already.

We could both be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Sgt. Bilko 09

folks what’s the shifts like in there? I can’t get in touch anyone who knows, what equipment do they carry…?? Are they employed by DAA or Dept of transport

Post edited by Sgt. Bilko 09 on

• Registered Users Posts: 28 lynch1990

I’m interested to know anything on the online assessment, if anyone knows what the tests entail? as there’s nothing really out there on them. I have seen the APFS did 2 rounds previously. 1) questionnaire 2) verbal reasoning and numerical reasoning.

I was hoping the online assessment was similar for the AP.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

There’s a sergeant pay scale out there which isn’t great, so regular airport police officers would be on a bit less than that. I’ll stick with my cynic.

And if salaries for DAA positions were that competitive surely they would’ve broadcast them a few summers back when they couldn’t get any staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 lynch1990

Airport police are on a good salary and on average 26-28 euro an hour, I would consider that quite good. The ASU/Security Officer salary is considerably lower.

They don’t usually advertise external nor do they want the salaries advertised in the campaign, it’s a pretty closed shop for good reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 micks1986

Any idea what the process is like after the interview? Is it straight into training or more tests?

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭scullersky

Got an email for interview this morning... anyone else get an email ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 psb1

Which company is doing the recruitment process do you know from your email? I applied for this also and not getting much joy from DAA?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 db3799

Haven’t heard anything yet. My application status still says ‘Under Review’. Did you apply as an internal or external candidate?

I applied externally. Do you mind me asking how did you find out about your application being under review?

Ah, ok. I’m also applying externally. Curious to know if scullersky is an internal application, as they will likely be prioritised. Strange that they made contact on morning of 16th, particularly with being a Bank Holiday weekend too.

If you log in to the daa careers portal where you originally applied, you’ll see the status of any open applications on the home page👍

They are completing the applications in batches I’d say. The website for most says under review (including me) but I would say it’s first come first serve type job.

Thanks for info. My application for this job is saying Submission received as opposed to some in here whos status is Under review. Anybody on here familiar as to what this may mean ?

Submission received would suggest the application has been received and they haven’t yet reviewed it. It’s hard to know what process they’re following though.

I have yet to hear if I passed or failed yet . Anyone received confirmation of not reaching the interview stage? I have exhausted all avenues of finding out who the recruiters for this competition is. Most frustrating has to be said.

Post edited by psb1 on

• Advertisement

I applied externally. I have very relevant experience and education related to the role. I was also surprised to get an email for interview on Saturday morning 16th. I was definitely not expecting it! I was very impressed how quick I recieved word especially as I onky applied just before the closing date.

I think another poster is correct, in my experience all things like this are done in batches.

I understnd that many people are disappointed as they didn't know of they passed or failed the aptitude test. I didn't either despite being invited for interview.

The reason for this is that it was stated that people will progress to the enzt stage on review of both the applicant form and the aptitude test result.

I actually really agree with this as I believe experience should of course be taken into account. Otherwise someone could be very good at aptitude tests however has no relevant experience. I think this assessment method should be used.

Just my views :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Gaxaly

Being a prisoner officer, could it help to advance my application to the interview stage?

I would say so... lots if similarities and it does state that it's a mix of the aptitude tests and experience that helps them decide who is to get an interview.

Post edited by scullersky on

As an ex gard and currently in a role very aligned with this role too, I don’t think there is…

Has anybody else heard dates for interviews out of interest? My app status last changed a week ago.

Also, for those interested/asking, the starting salary is just over €40,000. It’s a 15 year pay scale, rising to approx €70,000.

The annual increments vary in amounts, from approx 1600 to 2500 per annum.

In real world terms, the starting salary would mean a fortnightly pay cheque (minus PAYE, PRSI and USC) of about €1,150. This does not include further deductions for pension contributions and union fees.

Not great, but not terrible given it’s an 'unskilled' job. If you’re considering changing from a career you’ve been in for a while, be mindful of the drop in money.

I havent heard a single word or reply from anybody in DAA. I have emailed the obvious departments and radio silence. How many in here have actually received a notification that they are awaiting interview?

Anyone else get an email off the Airport for this job?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 BB58

Yes, I've also received an interview date. I applied externally and similar to others, relevant experience in previous job. Does anyone know the current shift patterns? They mention also about medical & fitness assessments, anyone know what this entails? TIA

Advertisement