Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is a dodgy box fire stick?

Options
  • 21-02-2024 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi all I am seeing in news about fire stick dodgy boxes crack down.Can anyone explain to me about this?

Thanks

Post edited by Kimbot on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Edit: sorry I thought you wanted to know what a firestick was, the crackdown on the otherhand has a thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 stephenjohny92

Yes ,just want to know

• Registered Users Posts: 14 stephenjohny92

Never used and don't want to use,out of curiosity just want to know what it is..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭SharkMX

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Gary_dunne

It's a standard Amazon Fire Stick that poeple use to stream Netflix/Amazon Prime/Youtube.

The "dodgy" part is that there are Apps available that people pay about €60 a year for a subscription to which has all tv channels, movies and tv shows available to stream.

They are illegal but in my opinion so is what the likes of Sky/TNT sports charge just to watch some football.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

A Sky TV Box or Virgin TV Box has "good" TV inside it. Think of it like the methadone you'd get in a clinic. It's addictive, but also good for you, so you should use it.

A dodgy box has dogdy TV inside it - like fentanyl-laced heroin you'd get from a neer-do-well on Eden Quay. Dodgy TV could kill you stone dead just by looking at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 routetoot

Its any android tv player - of which there are thousands - firestick is just a well known one from amazon.

The dodgy part usually refers to browsing streaming sites or running a cheap iptv package.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

MOD: CLsoing thread as OP got his answer and there is already another thread in AH about the clampdown etc.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058311614/clampdown-on-tv-dodgy-boxes

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement