Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf clothes

Options
  • 16-02-2024 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,523 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys

Just wondering where is a good place to pick up some decent cheap or reduced price golf clothing ?

Only really play a few games in the summer do just looking for a couple of Polo & trousers ,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭token56

I have a lot of stuff from Druids. Quality for me has been great and there are usually good deals on at different times. It can sometimes take a bit of time for packages to arrive but if that isn't an issue I would highly recommend them.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Walter Alright

You could get chinos or chino shorts in Dunnes or M&S. You could also get them in Penny’s but the quality is not great.

Check out Sports Direct then for golf polo T-shirts. Again you could get plain Polos in Dunne’s,etc and they would be perfect for what you need and not set you back too much.

I use the slim fit Dunnes Chinos because I prefer the fit of them compared to my specific golf pants.

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Sports Direct and Next are decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

How do you find the sizing ? As you would expect ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

McGuirks - almost always a sale on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭token56

For me it is maybe a bit larger than standard fit, certainly for polo's and tops etc. I usually get a small but it was closer to a medium in other brands. I prefer golf clothes to be a bit looser anyway though so it didn't bother me. The pants/shorts I think are pretty accurate.

They look very good. I'd just prefer to try on rather than have to risk returns process and cost

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I've found some decent stuff from time to time on M&M Direct.

Depending on what stock they have in at any given time, it's always worth keeping an eye on as they usually have very good deals. Delivery is usually within a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Dtoffee

I use https://www.county-golf.co.uk/ and always find their prices cant be beaten.

They stopped shipping to Ireland for a while, but back on track now. Usually takes a week and size charts are bang on.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭IHateNewShoes

Some elverys shops stock the druids gear if you want to try it on, don't have any myself but could be handy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭coillcam

TK Maxx often have great reductions if you have time to root about. It's hit and miss at times but you can get some great bargains. Sports direct surprisingly has lots of golf apparel and discounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

I've found Decathlon superb for golf clothing. Looks good, feels great, and is holding up really well so far... and very reasonably priced.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭BohToffee

I can second country golf. I get all my gear from there and sizes are good too for all shapes.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭eireyiddo

is there any taxes on top of price with brexit?

the clothes look good alright 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭BohToffee

Nope well not for me anyway, takes a week to get here.

When they reopened their export option, they were using Germany as the delivery and no tax issue. My last package came direct from the UK with no problems and as my fellow 'Toffee' says, allow a week for delivery (its tracked in UK).

I like County Golf mainly because the show the exact sizes of their shirts etc, because XL in one make can be just L in another.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭L.O.F.T

Agree with token56. Can't go wrong with Druids. Loads of sales and clothing is good quality

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭S_D

Druids trousers are super quality. Not a huge fan of the branding but I have several pairs of the bottoms are they’re great

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭oleard1987

Druids have some great sales but you can be really unlucky with them -Ordered four tops -All XL .Two of them fit like a glove and the other to arrived in the wrong colour and fairly tight fit

Avoid the wet gear -Cheaped out and bought this last year and i have been soaked -Switch to FJ hydroknit half zip and its like night and day

Take a look at Druids on trustpilot -Customer service is shocking ,If they send the wrong size and colour -They will charge you to return the material

"If they send the wrong size and colour -They will charge you to return the material"

That's mental

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Legally if they send the WRONG size/colour they can't do that. Things would be too open to fraudelently sending the 'wrong' clothes by accident etc.

If they sent the size you ordered but it doesn't fit you, sadly they can charge for that.

I guess the grey area is where you order lots of items of same size and some fit and some don't

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

In that case there’s no grey area unfortunately. If it doesn’t fit, it doesn’t fit. It’s unlucky but they don’t have to give you a free return on that!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭big_drive

Thats the main reason I stopped buying from them about 3/4 years ago. My last order was all over the place despite everything being the same size. Couple of items spot on, others both too big and too small. The difference was crazy. Pity because they offer some decent gear at a good price

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I got shoes off Druids a while back and the size was way off. I know shoes can be a bit of a risk buying online anyway but these felt 2 sizes smaller than advertised.

Having said that, I've bought a couple of their hoodies - for every day wear, not on course - and they're really good. Great quality, extremely comfortable, and wash very well. Picked them up in sales for about €18 each I think. You'd be looking at 50 quid from another brand in similar quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Yeah I ordered from the twice, both times years ago. First time everything fit fine. All size Small.

Second time ordered all size Small again. One Polo fit fine and the other was like a bed sheet. And the Gilet I got would have needed me to be wearing about 18 layers underneath to have fit. It's obviously how they keep their prices so low but the lack of quality control totally put me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Adiaga 2

Do you know if there are Customs fees when you order from these? I've just messaged them to ask the same.

Some nice prices on their site. I used them years ago - pre-Brexit - and never had any issue. They used to sell clubs too.

No and my last order came to over €100 for top, trousers and shoes..... the banks sterling rip off is the only downside, but still great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,523 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Any idea how long Druids take to delivery,

I see the have an offer where you can get 6 layers for 99 pound, Jacket/Gllet, Jumper, polo, trousers belt/hat, socks

Seems like a very good deal

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I ordered the trousers + t-shirt for €55 offer yesterday, will let you know how long it takes to arrive. Shipping is €9 though, fairly steep, and it seems they use Evri+Fastway who I have never had good experiences with.

Advertisement