Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PJ - Marlay Park - Sat 22 June 24

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Pearl Jam v Ticketmaster!

and the winner is......

Stupid prices 🖕

• Registered Users Posts: 3,166 ✭✭✭Fanirish

Would hope they don’t it into rear GA, GA and golden circle like they did in marlay last year for a show or two

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭KaneToad

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Caught them in that place at the side of Stephen's Green last year or the year before, excellent gig.

But the real crowd for those prices, can't see me splashing out Marlay Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭ergo

Is that Tenclub presale link active or when does that start...?

177 yikes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,524 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Plus 10.50 service charge, so 127.75 all in.

Boys must be very hungry.

I will pick up a ticket the week of the gig for well under face, only way to counter Ticketmasters greed.

They are going all out to try to bring US ticket prices to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

It's all in pricing.

For america, not for here.

ticketmaster fees here are actually small in comparison to ticketmaster usa fees on a $100 show can be $30 or $40 range.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

Sorry, just read it was applicable to all legs of the tour. Obviously not an accurate article.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,404 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

And for what? Hosting a website and having a bar code generated by software. At least in days gone by, there was a person in a hut to be paid and some printing of physical tickets to be done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Larsso30

Fairly sure ticketmaster don't set the prices 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 85,059 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Or PJ and Duncan 😁

Enjoy Pearl Jam fans, hope ye are not fleeced by hotels and touters (is that the word) scammers who buy up tickets and sell for way high prices

• Registered Users Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Will splash out the cash for this one for nostalgic sake. Should be a good gig anyway.

Just listened to the new song Dark Matter. One of those tuneless songs that they seem to release before most of their newer albums Like Mind your manners. Hope the new album has more quality than that.

I was just mentioning relative to how much they fleece in America it’s noticeably much smaller here.

Not a defence of prices charged.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,505 ✭✭✭dasdog

It's a very strong line-up with Richard Ashcroft and The Murder Capital but even the GA at €127 is a bit much. Some of my ex-pat friends/colleagues living here are now registered and ready to go and there are probably thousands more like them. My mam's neighbours are in the residence association and usually a compo pair of tickets get sent my way each year to a Marlay gig of choice so I'll probably hold out. 

• Registered Users Posts: 12,404 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

I'll happily pay 127 not to hear anything from Richard ashcroft

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Agreed, I'm over in Toronto and prices for gigsin either the arena, 15k amphitheater and stadium are ridiculous prices. For example pretty sure standing tickets Green Day and Blink shows in the Rogers Centre(stadium) are approx 4-500$

• Registered Users Posts: 14,524 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Speaking of nostalgia

£16 pounds, thats 36 euro accounting for inflation.

Live music must be one of the few things where the product gets worse whilst the price increases dramatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Kilteragh

I was at that. I remember the weather being horrendous and my Dad not wanting me to drive from Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭ergo

I would hope ten club tickets would be transferable if I ended up with an extra I couldn't get rid of? It's a lot of cash for GC....!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,065 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Where are ya seeing the price of €117+( €10 for fees)?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Someone posted the poster for Marlay Park on the 2024 gigs sticky, and it said tickets were "from €117," which is where the figure came from.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, The Bothy Band, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Kilteragh

My bank requires authorisation on online transactions.

For the 10 Club lottery the give instructions as to what to tell the bank to approve. Only way of getting on to my bank is via chat and I shared the details there. They asked me if I was asked for authorisation when giving card details. I can't remember if this was the case. Can anyone remember?

If I didn't give this authorisation then it will likely be declined if I am successful in the lottery. The bank can only authorise transactions at the time they happen and advised me to contact the merchant. I responded that I would probably not get a meaningful response from Ticketmaster and asked if I could pre-authorise it via our chat (having been through security checks).

The answer was "no" because "the process".

Anyone got any wise words or advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Jaffa3000

The worst part about the registration nonsense is you have to wait a week to know if you even get a chance at getting tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

ohh ..

I was under the impression that you are told you are/arent 'on the list' on Thurs 22, and that the tickets would be on sale on Fri 23rd?

You think it could be Fri 1st March ??

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

I don't think I gave the additional authorisation at the time, but I couldn't swear to it. It's so commonplace now, I can't say if I did it or not.

I rang the bank and explained the situation - as outlined in the Ten Club email - that this is a charge that won't be happening "live," given that we've effectively submitted a purchase order and it'll be charged in the coming days. They didn't foresee any issue, but placed a note on the account anyway.

If this were potentially problematic, then anyone who gets tickets could "miss out," due to lack of authorisation. That would be a ridiculous scenario.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, The Bothy Band, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭fluke

Maybe I'm the only one like this, but seriously thinking of not even attempting to try and get a ticket. The 117 is bad but the the 177, is a step too far.

Still...look forward to hearing the album, even if the lead song production could have been given a lot more room to breathe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Jaffa3000

We'll be informed whether we are waitlisted (ie getting a chance at tickets) or not on Thursday 22 which is just over a week away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭COH

Nope I'm going to be giving this a miss as well. I remember buying Ten on tape from mates older brother when I was in primary school in ~1994 and have loved them since. I'm prob in the minority here but I loved that album and thought Vitology was just ok and never really got into anything they released after that so I feel Im about three decades late to the party I actually want to go to.

I did go to Eddie's solo accoustic gig a few years back in the Three and enjoyed it.

Marley though is really hit and miss with regards the sound quality. Its a nightmare to get home from. I don't think there's any point going unless you are close(ish) to the front and €177 quid is just madness.

Advertisement