Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bray Airshow 2024

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 chimp77

• Registered Users Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭Northernlily

I'm still traumatised after nearly suffocating to death on the dart in 2022 and having to buy a complete set of new clothes when I arrived in Bray.

Might get there this year 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 7,050 ✭✭✭prunudo

I find I have to buy a new set of clothes after I've been to Bray 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 23 chimp77

Battle of Britain Memorial flight on their website have listed the Lancaster, a Spitfire and Hurricane to attend Bray. Given the Saturday date of the show, they don't have another display commitment the previous or following day. Hopefully they will arrive into Bal on the Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Hen03

On visit Wicklow page for bray airshow have red arrows listed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭jasT1981

No longer there, but it looks like it was an almost copy/paste job from the 2023 section as it was word for word in a lot of parts.

https://visitwicklow.ie/event/bray-air-display-2/

The updated version for 2024 just has the following now

The skies over Bray will once again be filled with excitement and awe this summer as the Bray Air Display returns!

Don’t miss out on the chance to see some of the best aerobatic displays in the world! It’s a day of action & entertainment kicking off Saturday, August 3rd.

For the latest information on the Bray Air Display, visit their website or follow on Facebook and Instagram.

https://visitwicklow.ie/event/bray-air-display-2024/

• Registered Users Posts: 40,815 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

No green party ever called for it to be cancelled

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

the local green councillor was giving out about it last year, listing off all the things that were wrong with it, from wanting it to be carbon nuetral to saying the noise drowns out conversations to saying Bray will be effected by sea raises come 2050.

She may not have actually said she wanted it cancelled but she wasn't going out of her way to promote it.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,815 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Exactly. My statement was correct and yours wasn't.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

It was a tongue in cheek post, that I posted 6 weeks ago, when there was uncertainty whether this years show would go ahead. Anyone who follows Air shows in Ireland will know that there is a minority who would like to see them stopped for various reasons, from peace campaigners to environmentalists.

Anyway, its irrelevant now, as its going ahead, so hopefully the weather stays onside and the enthusiasts get to witness the full Battle of Britain display. I know that will be the main draw for me anyway.

Post edited by prunudo on

• Advertisement
Advertisement