Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scotland vs France

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,076 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

It works be just like Scotland to fcuk this up and lose to a disinterested french side

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭bingobango12

Need to get that rule changed asap. Dreadful viewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,490 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

This is getting loose now.

That suits the french. A twist left in this yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

I agree that kicking is the best way to gain field position and a valid attacking strategy.

But what we've seen from France and Scotland isn't that. They're kicking for fear of making a mistake elsewhere. It kills the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,176 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

LBB genius.

• Advertisement

That's brilliant from Bielle-Biarry

• Registered Users Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Scotland deserved that. No ambition when ahead. Hopefully they attack for last 10 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭techdiver

Scotland deserve that for their attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,490 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Scotland didnt score when antonio went in the bin.

Defeat from the jaws of victory and scotland dont deserve anything else than that.

They should have put this game to bed.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,546 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Dupont realised that it was possible within the laws and now everyone does it essentially. It was a clarification of the laws rather than a new one, but one assumes they will have to change them to remove it.

• Advertisement

Scotland can't complain of accusations of being "flaky" after this one... Madigan was completely correct

• Registered Users Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

Considering the work and effort involved in some parts of a decent game to get the ball from the other side, to spend 5 minutes kicking it to each other seems stupid to me.

It should be, one side kicks it long, the other side catches it and says thanks, attack time.

Scotland learnt nothing from the Wales game it seems. Their bench I guess it is pretty poor which wouldn't help

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

100%

Russell showing why a team with him at ten will never win anything of consequence.

Scotland had France completely on the rack there. France were disinterested and out of ideas.

Scotland have the killer instincts of a marshmallow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Scotland look to be throwing this game away. Had the advantage and never pushed on

• Registered Users Posts: 14,415 ✭✭✭✭cson

They're kind of like us before the EOS era, capable of winning the odd game against the big guys but too inconsistent to do anything.

They'd never shut up about it either if they had a similar era of EOS Triple Crowns around now too.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

This is as bad as France have played in a decade and Scotland still can't put them away, at home.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭fitz

What is the exact interpretation, though? If any players are not already brought onside when the ball is collected, everyone he said to stay where the water until the player that's received the ball has advanced 5m? Is that it? Seems totally broken alright. It's basically a free mark.

you only have to retreat if you are within 10m of the ball. You can advance once the ball has been passed or the ball carrier has gone 5m.

Yeah, it's clearly broken.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,273 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

That looks like a Scottish try.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

Thats down for me...

That's a try for me, but I'm just not convinced it will be enough to overturn it. I'd be 99% sure they got it down though

It's going to be controversial regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Looks a try

• Registered Users Posts: 11,176 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

They can't reverse the on field decision on that evidence

I think the ball has touched the line, but none of the angles give definitive proof.

Either way will be controversial

It's going to be given it seems, maybe not.

It's not being given.

That was a try but because the video evidence isn't really clear it can't be given.

• Advertisement
Advertisement