Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VODAFONE FTTH SPEED FLUCTUATIONS

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭turbbo

Yeah I'm in IT too and could see the lies.

They told me yesterday that google had an outage. I believed them until I got off the phone and searched the web to see some proof - none of course.

Also on previous calls they told me there was a fault in my area - when there actually wasn’t - I used my own router I was getting 500mbs and when I used their junk router I got 150mbs (which I suspect they are using to throttle accounts across the country).

I believe you need to use "trigger words" to actually get heard - i.e. I need to speak to your “supervisor” and I demand a “refund” for the service I've not received for the last 6/8 weeks.

Also be sure to lodge a "formal complaint" with VF, it needs to be filed for 10 days before comreg will take your case.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭jj880

Fyi

Ive asked in another thread about speed / throttling issues with digiweb. If I don't get any bad reports Im ditching VF for digiweb's 1000Mb package next month. That router will be a step up for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭eddieoregan

I have carried out 3 speed tests on my Vodafone Fiber to the home 500 Mb, using my desktop computer, 2 tests were carried out using the Ookla Speedtest App from the Microsoft Store, & the third was carried out using Microsoft Edge & fast.com.

All 3 tests were carried out using Ethernet Cable (WIFI Turned OFF), Something is definitely wrong with Vodafone.

Test 1 Shows the correct speed Connected to the eir server in Dublin,

Test 2 Shows speed Connected to Blacknight server in Dublin

Test 3 Shows speed from fast.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭ffocused

Have any of the people with issues lately tried changing your DNS servers?

I have had Vodafone Siro for 2.5 years now with no issues, but I don’t use their router or DNS servers.

1.1.1.1 is my recommendation.

Makes no diference 1.1.1.1 is cloudflares dns you can try that and googles 8.8.8.8 - still no difference the problem is with vodafone servers - I'm guessing they have serious problems or they don't have enough bandwidth on the backend.

• Advertisement

Yeah - you can also run a Ookla speedtest to the same server every couple of hours so that it's a consistent test and you'll see the speed is up and down constantly. They have major issues - whats worse is they are not informing people and they continue to sell a service that is way below advertised. I'm not sure they know how to fix it. It's been going on for weeks.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Yeah I have logs upon logs from speedtest and all that it shows is that speed is horrendous. Like its so bad that we can watch a HD stream and it pauses most the time and instagram videos wont load at all its beyond a joke. I didnt get to ring them yesterday as I tried a few other suggestions I found first and none made an improvement. I will ring them this evening and if they dont resolve it I am going to demand they let me out of the contract as they are not providing the service I am paying for.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Jasper1965

Is the vodafone speed issue resolved?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Not for me. I'm having to frequently reboot the modem/router.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭BuzzG

Could not agree more @turbbo. For a company their size they are absolutely terrible at keeping customers informed, they have an app for the phone which a teenager could do a better job on .. all fluff and no substance IMHO. If they were transparent and acknowledged the issues and the path to resolution and a timeframe they would save themselves a whole world of pain with customers calling their Customer Care channel over and over trying to understand when the issues will be resolved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭jj880

If you dont mind can I ask what package you have with Digiweb?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

So on Friday I had a missed call from an 01 number, googled and it was possibly linked with vodafone. Got home and my speeds are back to normal for now :)

Advertisement