Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ras Tailteann Route 2024

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭TheDocMan

Good argument for a Prologue stage - 4 or 5km evening before the first road stage in the start town. Done on road bikes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Another done and dusted, should probably have not started after being off bike for 3 weeks into it but just wanted to try get around and happy to have done that! Lots of hard days either solo or in a small pack and somehow never saw the broomwagon! Was happy to get to the curcuit with the pack yesterday but just couldnt do another lineout just before start of last lap. Legs finally went bang! It was great with the seating etc and seemed there was a good crowd. It's a pity it started lashing right at the end!

I somehow got aorund all week without tasting tarmac! Id a few close calls and I got caught behind a few crashes here and there which meant for long days out the back but at least i got through this Ras without losing a bike 🤣 , lost one in each of the previous 2 so this one wasnt quite as expensive!

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Reality_Check1

Waking up this morning I’m still in shock I made it around. Like I said in a post above I was so sick on day 1 I was blessed it was the easiest of the days so I could hide in the wheels.

On days 2 and 4 I came through 2 bad crashes without a scratch when lads to my left and right were wiped out for the race.

The lineouts - holy god the lineouts 😮‍💨 there was one point on stage 3 I held 500w for nearly 8 minutes (a lifetime PB by a long way) just sitting on the wheel of a Team Ireland rider

The legs finally blew on stage 5 and I had to be nursed around behind a team car to make it home. At the level I can hold the bunch (just and no more) but if something happens - I get spat or caught behind a crash I’m just not strong enough to chase back on.

Anyway I want it on my gravestone - he was a man of the Rás 😂

Advertisement