Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most dangerous destination by Ryanair

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭XsApollo

At the rate the MAX is being discredited , the most dangerous destination for any Ryanair flight is probably the Sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Tinter Box

Flew to Kyiv with Ryanair back in 2019. Had a great week there. You could always fly to Riga OP and hope Belarus forces the plane to land and arrests you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

I better start making disparaging posts about that oaf Lukashenko so, lol.

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Cheddar Bob

Statistically one of the Western World's safest, most heavily policed cities. Hence why Irish journalists are absolutely crest fallen when they vox pop foreign tourists who tell them they have never felt remotely intimidated or unsafe during the visit, as it doesn't tie in with the Mad Max fantasy so many Irish people now have about a city, and the country at large, which has never had less murders and less general violent crime since at least the 70s. We are now nationally at the level of the two ould wans on Fr Ted predicting drive by shootings and a crack epidemic because a whistle was stolen.

But please. Do go on.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Qaanaaq

Marseille seems to rate top of a lot of crime index tables.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,819 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Any of the Southern French coastal cities or towns are getting more dangerous.

Im a regular visitor to Nice and that whole region for about 15 years and you can see it at times at night. Much higher more visible police presence…

Marseille now has a dodgy rep but I’ve been there a couple of times and it was then a nice cultured city to walk around at your leisure.

you invite trouble, you’ll likely get it.

I've also been there and didn't find it too bad, overall quite a nice city for a visit despite the bad reputation. A minority of areas were obviously dirty and rough looking and while I didn't get any hassle, felt it would be wise not to act like a tourist.

The serious crime is related to the drug trade or out in the banileues.

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 6,051 ✭✭✭Be right back

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Cheddar Bob

I am absolutely no fan of that halfwit but it doesn't change anything- we are by international standards one of the world's most low crime, safe countries, and Dublin city centre has a level of policing that is unheard of in most cities. Not only that but our crime rates have been in freefall since circa 2010, we were by Western standards a moderately high crime country in the 90s and 2000s, today we barely register.

If you have any statistics to counter this rather than pithy jabs I'd like to see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,365 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Bulgaria, well maybe more seedy than dangerous although anywhere seedy is nearly always dangerous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,365 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Does Ryanair fly to Egypt? I can't be bothered looking.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

No(t yet). They have been in discussions, but it was before the most recent Events out that way.

Anywhere outside of the EU/EEA open skies setup needs country bilaterals to arrange it and the current Ireland-Egypt one allows one airline from each country. We do not have one specified as far as I can tell, Egypt has Egyptair who do operate to Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭taratee

It's difficult. Best to ignore them but that is easier said than done. They are going to respond by saying that you don't like local people. The lengths these guys will go to get money off you is unbelievable. The place is full of scammers.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,966 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Just saw Carcassonne mentioned. Been there twice and found it lovely, really friendly people and never felt unsafe. Also saw Barcelona mentioned. While it is notorious for pickpockets, I've always felt very safe there and have kept any valuables in front pockets. Have been a few times and loved it. Can't wait to go back again.

Post edited by Kintarō Hattori on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭GSF

Paris deserves a mention for robbery and pickpocketing

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Timfy

20 years back I would have said Krakow.

Great bars, beautiful city, friendly people and incredible food but there was an immense soviet era coal fired power station right on the edge of the city with the prevailing wind behind it. The smog probably took 15 years off my life!

No trees were harmed in the posting of this message, however a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

I was going to say the rats, but in fairness Paris must have the friendliest and tamest rats of any city.

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Bobson Dugnutt

Paris isn’t remotely dangerous in the tourist areas/city centre. Travel there a fair bit and it’s tidier, safer, and friendlier than it has ever been.

Advertisement